Chaeyoung

If You Were Me (Girl Group x You)

Since there is a special request from one of the readers, the OC in this story will be named Erika. 


The semester for Twice High had just begun. Students were already buzzing about as they met up with their friends. One brunette in particular however was looking forward to seeing someone else. 

"Oi! Son Chaeng" a tofu looking girl said as she placed the brunette in a chokehold. 

"YAH!! Kim Dahyun. Let me go right now" Chaeyoung said.

Dahyun merely shrugged and continued to mess with Chaeyoung until their tall and Goddess looking friend appeared from behind shaking her head at their antics. It was only 8 am and she clearly was not in the mood. 

"Kim Dahyun. Let Chaeyoung go now" the girl said.

Sensing the girl's bad mood, Dahyun immediately let Chaeyoung go. 

"Oh! Tzuyu. Ahah. Did you sleep well?" Dahyun asked to which the girl replied with a sharp glare. 

Chaeyoung on the other hand looked around and finally she found the person she was looking for standing at her locker. Her luscious wine coloured hair was tied into a ponytail and her uniform hung just right on her body. Erika Jung was Chaeyoung's senior by a year and also the school's resident basketball champion hence the fit physique and height. Not to mention, Chaeyoung had the largest crush on her. Chaeyoung tried to cool herself down as she recited I'm cool. I'm fine. I'm not nervous. She walked towards Erika who was taking her books out of her locker. Chaeyoung was close to Erika but she stopped when she saw another girl already beating her to talk to Erika. That very person was Im Nayeon. Im Nayeon was the school's Queenka though she didn't seem like it. She was kind and treated everyone like a friend despite her wealth and her beauty.

Chaeyoung was about to walk away when she heard her name being called. 

"Oh! Chaeyoung" a familiar voice called out as she froze. 

She turned to the back and saw Erika waving at her. She watched as Erika whispered something to Nayeon who simply nodded and walked away. Her heart fluttered and started to beat erratically as Erika walked towards her smiling widely. 

"E...Erika sunbae" Chaeyoung stuttered. 

"Ehh! What happen to unnie? Anyways, are you trying out for the basketball team this semester?" Erika asked. 

"Uhh. I don't know. I don't really suit the image of a basketball player" Chaeyoung said shyly. 

"Who said so? I've seen your skills, Chaeyoung. It's too much of a waste for you not to join the team. Tryouts are today at 3 at the gym. Give it a shot. I promise that if you still don't want to join by then, I'll let this go" Erika said. 

"Okay then" Chaeyoung said. 

"Great. I guess I'll see you at the gym at 3 then. Bye" Erika said as she left Chaeyoung.

After Erika had left, Chaeyoung's heart leaped for happiness. To think that Erika would personally ask her to join the basketball team. She was over the moon. She then thought about it. If I were to pass the tryouts then I would be practicing with Erika sunbae every day. Then, I can finally get her to notice me. 

"OOOHH! Did you see that Tzu? Has our cub finally decided to man up and confess" Dahyun said. 

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and said "I didn't do anything and I am not a man". 

"You know, Chaeyoung. Even if someone is flirting with Erika unnie, she wouldn't even notice. She thinks it's just a friendly thing. That's how dense she is so until you tell her how you feel, she will never know. I don't agree with the dubu idiot sometimes but for once, she's not wrong" Tzuyu said. 

"I don't know why but I somehow feel insulted in a way" Dahyun said. 

Tzuyu smirked and said "Oh, you felt it. I meant it to be subtle. Guess not".

Dahyun ended up grumbling the entire way to class while Chaeyoung on the other hand couldn't wait for tryouts. 

Meanwhile, Erika had just arrived in class when she saw all her friends crowding at her table. When they noticed her, they started to . 

"Erikaaa. As popular as ever I see" Jeongyeon said with a grin on her face. 

"Heol! I am so jealous sometimes by the gifts your fans give to you" Sana said as she wiped her non-existent tears. 

Erika shook her head at her friends' antics. She saw that there were a bunch of letters on her desk along with flowers, chocolates and boxes of branded jewellery. She stored them away as she took a seat at her desk. 

"Eh! You're not even going to open any" Momo said. 

"Not planning on taking them anyways. So, why bother? I never understood the intent of giving me all these. I am simply not interested at all" Erika said. 

Her friends pretended to shiver. 

"Brrr. So cold. If only your fans knew you were such an ice queen, would they still like you?" Jeongyeon said. 

"Doesn't matter if they do or not" Erika said. 

"It's because she only wants one girl's letter. Im. Na. Yeon" Jihyo said with a smirk on her face. 

Erika shook her head when her friends started to whoop and cheer. Speak of the Devil. Nayeon walked into the classroom at that moment as she walkedy towards Erika and her friends. 

"Hey, Jeongyeon. Momo. Jihyo. Sana" Nayeon greeted. 

"Hi! It's been a while. How was the holidays?" Sana asked. 

"It was fine. My family and I visited my grandfather in London. I got to do some retail shopping there so it wasn't as bad" Nayeon said. 

"Guys, leave Nayeon alone. It's too early to be questioning people" Erika said as her friends all sent her a teasing look. 

They returned to their seats when they saw their homeroom teacher walk in halting all their conversations. The bell rang at 1 pm as everyone left the classroom for lunch. Chaeyoung, Tzuyu and Dahyun had just left their class and was on the way to the cafeteria when they saw Erika and all her friends. Chaeyoung frowned when she saw Erika and Nayeon laughing together. Are they dating? It can't be. Chaeyoung thought to herself. 

"Chaeyoung, stop glaring. You're going to melt Erika sunbae" Tzuyu said. 

"Nayeon sunbae and Erika Sunbae look so close. Do you think they're dating? I mean it wouldn't be a huge surprise considering how well they suit each other. The school's Kingka, Erika and Queenka, Nayeon" Dahyun said unaware that her words was hurting Chaeyoung. Tzuyu knudged Dahyun who saw Chaeyoung's angered reaction and silently cursed. 

Chaeyoung then walked away as she said "There is no way I am letting that happen. Erika sunbae is mine". 

The tryouts for the basketball team had began at 3 sharp as Chaeyoung did warm ups before being called to show her moves. She was nervous because she could see Erika watching her every move. Chaeyoung was pressured to do well. She saw from the side of her eyes, Nayeon and Erika were together again. Beccause she was so focused on them, she didn't hear one of the basketball members screaming "BALL". THUD. The sound reverberated throughout the gym shocking everyone as Chaeyoung fell to the floor gripping onto her head. 

"Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung. Can you hear me?" Erika said as she rushed over to Chaeyoung.

"I'm fine" Chaeyoung said as she got up slowly. 

"Kang Seulgi. What the hell were you thinking? She could have gotten seriously hurt" Erika said angrily. 

"I did scream out ball but she didn't hear me. I'm sorry, kiddo" Seulgi said. 

"No. No. Its not Seulgi sunbae's fault. I wasn't concentrating" Chaeyoung said.

Chaeyoung tried to stand but she stumbled as Erika held onto her allowing Chaeyoung to lean against her. 

"I'll take you to the infirmary" Erika said as she helped Chaeyoung out of the gym and to the infirmary.

Erika saw that there was no one in the infirmary so she helped Chaeyoung onto the bed. She walked to the mini freezer that the nurse used to store ice and brought out an ice pack. She took a bandage and placed the ice bag inside as she wrapped it. She then held it to Chaeyoung's head. 

"What were you so preoccupied with that you didn't even see the ball?" Erika asked. 

"Nothing" Chaeyoung said. 

She was well aware that she was alone with Erika and it made her heart beat faster. She tried not to focus on Erika who was staring at her.

"I'm not really good at treating injuries despite getting a lot. Maybe I'll call Nayeon. She's much better at this than I am" Erika said. 

Before she could leave to call Nayeon, she felt Chaeyoung grab onto her shirt. She turned to the back and saw Chaeyoung's dejected face. 

"Don't. Don't go to her" Chaeyoung said which made Erika confused. 

"Chaeyoung" Erika said before she was cut off. 

"You asked me why I was preoccupied earlier. It was because I saw you with Nayeon sunbae and I couldn't take it. Every time you are with her, I get jealous and I start to feel annoyed. I think to myself, why her and not me. Why can't you notice me instead? I have liked you ever since freshman year. Unlike other wealthy kids, you were kind and friendly. You had everything, the wealth, the looks, athletic skills and the brains. You seemed so unattainable. When you noticed me, I was so happy because I felt like I had a chance. But then, Nayeon sunbae came into the picture and I felt like I could never measure up to her" Chaeyoung said as she let out all that she had been keeping in. 

Erika was silent at first but then she broke the silence and said "What are you saying, Chaeyoung? Are you telling me that you like me as a lover and not a senior? You have to be more specific". 

"I like you as a lover and I hope that you will accept my feelings" Chaeyoung said. 

Erika chuckled and said "Well since you put it that way, okay". 

Chaeyoung thought she heard wrongly as she asked "Seriously? You're accepting my confession. What about Nayeon sunbae? Don't you like her?"

"Me? I never said anything like that. People just assume that I like her but we're just really good friends. Plus she likes someone else" Erika said. 

"WHO?" Chaeyoung asked. 

"It's someone you know, Chaeyoung. After all, she is your best friend" Erika said. 

"Dahyun?" Chaeyoung said as Erika shook her head. 

"TZUYU?" Chaeyoung said as Erika laughed at how cute Chaeyoung's shocked face was. 

"Why are you so surprised?" Erika asked. 

"It's so unexpected" Chaeyoung said.

"Hmm. She has been bugging me about introducing her to Tzuyu since I know Tzuyu. She's helpless I tell you. So, would you mind telling Tzuyu to go on a coffee date?" Erika asked. 

"I can but I don't know whether she'll agree" Chaeyoung said. 

"Oh, I'm sure she will. Trust me" Erika said. 

"If you say so" Chaeyoung said. 

"You seem well enough already" Erika said.

Chaeyoung then pretended to whine in pain as she laid back onto the bed saying "I am still in a lot of pain. I need your attention". 

"Uhuh. You little kid stop pretending" Erika said.

Chaeyoung had closed her eyes as Erika leaned closer to check whether Chaeyoung had fallen asleep when she was shocked by Chaeyoung pulling her down. Their lips met as butterflies filled Erika's stomach. They pulled away as Chaeyoung gave a cheeky grin which resulted in Erika hitting Chaeyoung. 

"You little. You surprised me" Erika said.

Chaeyoung smiled and stuck her tongue out as she said "Well, you best prepare your heart then. Because I will keep putting you through even more surprises".