Sana

If You Were Me (Girl Group x You)

My parents used to tell me that when I grew up, I would meet my soulmate. That my soulmate would be my everything. That once I found mine, my life would be complete. But I grew up wishing for the impossible because when I found mine, all I got was pain. From the moment a tattoo engraved itself onto my skin, I knew that I had found her. She was the most beautiful person that I had ever seen. Elegant. Ethereal. She threw me into a world of pain and torment every single day ever since I met her. 

"Hana. Hana. Kwon Hana" Jeongyeon called out. 

Hana woke out of her trance and saw the looks of worry on her friends faces.

"Sorry. I must have gotten lost in my thoughts" Hana said. 

"Were you thinking about her again?" Nayeon asked. 

Hana's face had betrayed her. 

"You should forget about that conniving ! She has done nothing to deserve your concern" Tzuyu said angrily. 

"I know but she is my soulmate. I can't just forget about her so easily" Hana said bitterly. 

Her friends were angry and for a good reason. They watched their best friend get hurt over and over again by a girl who claimed to be Hana's soulmate. 

"Why don't you reject her? You will be able to get a second soulmate who will love you better" Jihyo said. 

Hana looked afflicted. Her friends always told her to reject her current mate but she couldn't. How could she! Just then, her mate walked in through the doors of the cafeteria with her arm wrapped around one of the school jocks. Myoui Mina. The school's resident prima ballerina and Hana's mate. She took one glance at Hana and turned away focusing her attention on the jock next to her. Hana's friends gritted their teeth at the sight of Mina. 

"That ! How many men is she going to date? She was literally with someone else just the week before" Chaeyoung spat angrily. 

Hana got up from her seat and said hurriedly "I forgot I needed to borrow a book from the library. I'll go first. See you guys in class". 

Her friends sighed as they watched Hana rushed out of the cafeteria. Hana had arrived at the library. She saw that there was almost nobody in the library. Only a couple of people who disliked the crowds and the old librarian who had dozed off. Hana found comfort in the library. Much like she was home. She walked towards the shelves in the back where all her favourite books were. She pulled out one of the classics and sat on the floor. She leaned against the shelf as she opened the book and started reading. She saw another girl beside her from the corner of her eye. She looked up from her book and watched as a squirrel lookalike attempted to reach for a book from the top shelf. 

She saw the girl struggling despite standing on her toes. Hana couldn't stand looking at the poor girl so she stood up and lunged her hand up. She pulled out the book before offering it to the girl. 

"T..Th..Thank you" the girl stuttered as she took the book from Hana gratefully. 

"You look like you were having a hard time" Hana said. 

"Yeah. I was" the girl replied smiling. 

Beautiful. Hana thought to herself.

She snapped out of her it as she asked "Are you new? I haven't seen you around before". 

"Yes, I am. I am a new transfer student. My name is Minatozaki Sana. It's nice to meet you" the girl introduced herself. 

"Hana. Kwon Hana" Hana said.

"I know. I've heard a lot about you. You are one of the most popular students in school along with your friends. Smart, talented and kind" Sana said which made Hana blush. 

"Where exactly did you hear that from?" Hana asked.

"Irene sunbae" Sana replied. 

"Irene? As in Bae Irene, the student council president?" Hana asked. 

"Uh-huh" Sana said. 

Before Hana could say anything further, the bell rang. 

"What's your next class? I'll walk you there" Hana said. 

"I have mathematics with Nickhun seonsaengnim" Sana said. 

"We have the same class together" Hana said. 

"Eh!" Sana gasped in surprise. 

Hana smiled and said "Let's go then". 

The two walked to class together and walked in. Hana's friends noticed them as they waved at Hana. 

"Whose this?" Momo asked. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Minatozaki Sana" Sana introduced.

"Ah! The transfer student" Jihyo said. 

"You know me?" Sana asked. 

"Most of us do. There isn't a lot of people who can make it into our class. Especially newly transfered students who transfer in 4 months after the semester starts. So, you must have an extremely solid academic result" Dahyun said. 

"I'm Dahyun. Beside me here is Chaeyoung. Then, that's Jeongyeon and Momo. You've met Jihyo over here. The pair in front of me is Nayeon and Tzuyu" Dahyun introduced them one by one. 

"Guys, stop. Leave her alone. You are scaring her. Come and sit with me, Sana-shi" Hana said as she patted the seat beside her.

Sana nodded and sat beside Hana. 

"Sorry about my friends. They always act this way around new people" Hana said apologetic. 

"No, it's okay. I like it. They are nice" Sana said. 

Sana turned to her right and saw Jeongyeon wrapping her arms around Momo. 

"Yes, they are mates. Sickeningly sweet, aren't they?" Sana heard Hana say. 

"I think it's lovely" Sana said as she looked at them fondly. 

"Chaeyoung and Dahyun are the less flirty ones while Jeongyeon and Momo, Nayeon and Tzuyu are the cheesy mates. Jihyo is the only one who is still lonely" Hana said. 

"How about you?" Sana asked. 

Hana's face darkened. 

Sana saw Hana's darkened face and immediately said "I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have asked". 

"No, it's fine. I do but we aren't. well. together" Hana said sadly. 

"Oh, I am. I didn't know" Sana said apologetic. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Days turned to weeks and weeks turned to months. 2 months had gone by in a flash since Hana had first met Sana. They had gotten a whole lot closer. Hana's friends had also accepted Sana as one of their own. Her friends also noticed that Hana had gotten a whole lot brighter and happier ever since Sana arrived. Maybe there was still hope for Hana to find her true happiness. Hana was taking a walk around the school since it was free period. She was stunned however when she saw Mina. She was about to run away when she felt herself being pulled back and slammed against the wall.

Hana hissed in pain. She looked up and was met by Mina's brown orbs staring at her intently. Hana was trapped inside Mina's arms. Mina noticed the slight tears in Hana's eyes. She noticed how breathtaking Hana looked and wondered why she never took the time to appreciate Hana more. 

"Please let me go" Hana said. 

"No. We need to talk" Mina replied. 

"Talk about what? What exactly do we have to talk about? We are mere strangers who have never crossed each other's path" Hana said coldly. 

"Yes, we have. We have met each other before. The searing pain on my collarbone reminds me every day. Somehow when I see you with that new girl, my heart just burns in rage and I don't know why" Mina said. 

"So, you finally admit that you feel something. I have lived with the extreme agony of having you ignore me for 4 years and you only feel a searing pain after you see me with another" Hana said in disbelief as she scoffed. 

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH YOU HAVE HURT ME? SCARRED ME? I HAVE TO COME TO SCHOOL EVERYDAY AND WATCH YOU THROW YOURSELF AT ANOTHER BRAINLESS JOCK WHEN YOUR SOULMATE IS STANDING A METRE FROM YOU. I TOLD MYSELF TO WAIT AND BE PATIENT IN HOPES THAT YOU WOULD COME TO ME. MY FRIENDS HAVE TOLD ME OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO JUST FORGET ABOUT YOU BUT NO. I WAITED FOR 4 YEARS. BUT I AM DONE" Hana screamed.

Hana looked down at her feet and said weakly "I am done. I am so tired".

Mina looked at the dejected girl and said "Hana, I...."

"Don't. Not a single word" Hana said. 

"Hana, I know that I haven't been much of a mate but I'll change. I promise. This time, I will be better. Just give me a chance. Don't go to the new girl" Mina said desperately. 

"Why should I? Why should I believe that you have changed?" Hana asked. 

"You don't have to but I will prove it to you. One more chance, Hana. That's all I ask" Mina said. 

Hana was about to reply when.................