Miyeon

If You Were Me (Girl Group x You)

Related image

 

The rusty metal gates opened with a loud CREAKKK as two girls walked in. The two walked through a forest like path as they neared a huge Victorian styled mansion. As they stepped through the front door, they were greeted by the strong musty scent in the air. The house was still in pristine condition despite the stench and all the furniture remained untouched as a thin sheet of white cloth was placed over it. This mansion was their home or at least it used to be. Their red irises scanned their surroundings as they continued walking through the hallway. The laughter, the joy and the memories flooded their minds as they walked through the familiar rooms. The two girls split up as Hana took the spiral stairs up to the second floor. She found herself drawn to the large glass panel that had a direct view of the backyard as she caught a familiar figure. It was her older lover, Miyeon. She was standing in the garden alone. Hana watched as the older girl placed 5 bouquet of flowers on 5 different graves that were located in the middle of the garden. Hana was about to run to where the older girl was when she felt a hand stop her.

"Don't. You musn't go, Hana. I know you want to see her but you can't" a husky voice said. 

Hana looked to the back and said pleadingly "Please, just for a while. I can't stand it, Soyeon unnie. I haven't seen her in so long. She looks so heartbroken. I want to hug her, kiss her and tell her that I'm alive and that everything is going to be fine". 

"I know, Hana but she thinks we all died. Brutally. How do you think she would react when you suddenly appear in front of her? She is going to faint. She is better off with Soojin. At least for now until we can make sure that it's safe" Soyeon said.

Hana then glared at Soyeon and said "Whose fault is it? We could have made it subtle but you just had to make it gory and bloody. As if compelling a physchopath wasn't enough. Miyeon unnie wouldn't have to remember such a scene if only you had listened to me". 

Soyeon sighes and said "I'm sorry but it was the only way then". 

Hana looks back at Miyeon sadly as she heard Soyeon say "There will be a next time, Hana. For now, we must return to the other night children. They are still waiting for us. We will be back soon and then you can see her. I promise. We'll hunt on our way back, you haven't been fed yet. Come on". 

Hana took one last look at Miyeon and said softly "I'll be back, I promise". 

The two then left the house. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile in the garden, Miyeon stood alone in front of the graves where her friends and her lover was. They had been gone for 3 years now. 3 years since the start of her nightmares and her pain. The sight of her friends and her lover's bloodied bodies replayed in her head like a broken cassette. Every time she remembered it, she could feel her stomach churn. Her friends and her lover had been murdered brutally by some physchopath. By the time the police had arrived, it was already too late. Her friends and lover were already too far gone and there was nothing she could do about it. She was too late. The police had told her that they found multiple torture marks on each of their bodies and they had died from bleeding out. The murdered had been arrested not far from the mansion and he was brought in. Miyeon remembered watching the trial as the judge convicted the man on 5 counts of third degree murder in addition to torture. The man had been sentenced to death but Miyeon was far from happy. She was angry. The man deserved more than just an easy death for his actions but there was nothing further that she could do. She was miserable and in pain for the few months after the incident. 

She would lay in bed every night and think about the pain that her friends and lover had to go through before dying. More importantly, she missed her lover. She would hug the younger girl's hoodie to sleep and pray that when she woke up, everything would just be a dream. She had lived out her days like that. Thinking about the younger girl's bright smiles, her laugh, her jokes and her sweet words but it only made her cry even more. She missed her friends and her lover so much. Miyeon could feel the tears well up in her eyes as she thought about the 3 years that had passed by. She still felt like it was her fault. If only she hadn't taken her time to go home that day, maybe, just maybe her friends and lover would have been able to survive. Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard a soft voice behind her.  

"Unnie, it's time to go. It's going to rain soon" the voice said. 

Miyeon wiped away her tears as she smiled and said "Okay. Let's go, Soojin-ah". 

Miyeon held onto Soojin's arm as they left the mansion's compound and headed back to town. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The thunder rumbled as the lightning flickered in the skies showing signs that a heavy downpour was going to happen soon. Hana and Soyeon were on their bikes riding through the thick forests on the outskirts where a hidden mansion was built. The two rode past the huge front gates as they arrived in front of a massive mansion. They stopped their bikes in front of the mansion's entrance as they got off the bikes and walked up the staircase. The double doors opened revealing a huge foyer which had a customed diamond chandellier hanging from the top of the ceiling. The two of them were greeted by the mansion's butler who welcomed them back and ushered them to the common room. Once they entered the common room, they were greeted with the sight of 10 other girls. 4 of them were seated around a table sipping tea, 3 of them were chasing after each other screaming and 3 others were reading books in the corner where the book shelves were placed. When they finally noticed Hana and Soyeon's presence, they stopped what they were doing. 

Hana and Soyeon stepped into the room as Hana took a seat at the table joining the 4 who had acknowledged Hana. Soyeon on the other hand joined the 3 troublemakers as they continued their chase.

"How was your trip?" Jiu the oldest asked.

Hana simply hummed a reply and said nothing further. Handong poured Hana a cup of tea to which Hana shot her a smile as thanks. 

"You saw her, didn't you?" Sua asked. 

Hana paused for a while and then nodded her head. The troublemakers halted as they listened in wanting to know more. Hana looked up from her cup and saw that everyone in the room was staring right at her. 

"Did you meet her?" Sua continued asking. 

Hana shook her head and said "No, I didn't. I just watched her from afar. She was putting our favourite flowers on each of our graves". 

The room was silent for a while as the mood in the room dampened. Hana then broke the silence as she got up from her chair and smiled. 

"I'm tired so I'll just go to bed now. Good night" Hana said as she excused herself. 

Hana then left the common room and headed to her own room on the second floor. She entered her room and threw herself on the bed. She laid properly and tried to allow the comfort of her soft sheets lull her to sleep. Back in the common room, a few minutes after Hana had left the room, everyone had joined the 4 at the table as they took their respective seats. Jiu let out a heavy sigh which caught everyone's attention. 

"She obviously won't be able to sleep without someone beside her" Jiu said to which everyone agreed. 

The clock striked midnight as Hana laid awake in bed. Jiu was right. She was unable to sleep and had been twisting and turning the whole night. She heard her door open and close with a soft click as she turned to see that it was Sua.

"Sua unnie, what are you doing here so late at night?" Hana asked. 

Sua sat on her bed and said "I figured you wouldn't be able to fall asleep without me so I came". 

Hana sighed and said "You know me so well". 

Sua smiled and climbed into bed beside Hana as she wrapped her arms around the younger girl. 

"Of course, I have known you for so long, Hana. I think I know you better than you do. Now, sleep Hana. Sweet dreams. I am always here to take away your nightmares" Sua said. 

Hana soon found herself falling asleep to the sound of Sua's slow heartbeats. Sua's scent gave the younger girl comfort and warmth as Hana's breathing slowed down to soft snores. Sua noticed that Hana had already fallen asleep which made her hug the younger girl tighter. She knew how much pain the younger girl had to go through after leaving her lover and despite everyone's efforts, Hana still suffered greatly. Hana's insomnia began when she was forced to let her lover go and the only way for Hana to fall asleep was if she had someone beside her and Sua was the only one that could do that.

Sua caressed Hana's head and whispered softly "Sleep well cousin".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A year had passed since the last time Hana had seen Miyeon. Hana never returned to the mansion again. She instead spent her time in her current mansion with the other vampires. She distracted herself by reading books, training and chatting with the others. The moon illuminated the dark skies as Hana stood on the roof of a triple storey house. Her red eyes were centred on the house opposite the one she was standing on. 

Meanwhile inside the house, Soojin and Miyeon were cuddling on the couch. The two had officially became a couple a year ago. Miyeon had made a huge decision to let Hana go and accept Soojin. Soojin healed Miyeon's heart as the two were happily dating. Miyeon played with Soojin's fingers as she sat with her back Soojin while Soojin played with Miyeon's hair. Miyeon felt Soojin stop twirling her hair which made her turned to the back. She was greeted by Soojin's lips on hers. The sweet taste of Soojin's lips made her deepened the kiss. 

"I'm too late, it seems" a familiar voice said which made the both of them break apart in shock. 

The two of them watched as Hana stepped out from the shadows. Their faces paled as if they had seen a ghost. 

"How? Its not possible. It cannot be" Miyeon said.

Her head shaking in denial. Soojin was no better, she had bolted off the couch as she stepped back. 

"It cannot be. I, no we buried you, Hana. You died, we saw your body" Soojin said. 

"Trust me, I am real. I never died, I had to create a scene to make it look like I died" Hana said. 

"You're lying. I saw you in a pool of blood. The police even confirmed your death" Miyeon said. 

"I wanted to explain everything to you but I had to stay away until I knew the coast was clear" Hana said. 

"So you lied to me and left me to suffer in agony. Did you have any idea how miserable I felt? 4 YEARS. It took you four years to come back and tell me that your death was faked" Miyeon said as she raised her voice in anger. 

She then slapped Hana as the sound reverbrated through the room. Hana couldn't lift her head as she felt embarassed and she didn't dare to look up. 

"I'm sorry, Miyeon unnie. I really am. Trust me, I would never lie to intentionally" Hana said. 

"Look at me when you speak. Why can't you even look me in the face?" Miyeon said. 

Hana slowly looked up as her blood red irises stared directly at both Miyeon and Soojin. They gasped in shock when they saw Hana's eyes. 

Image result for eyes color red 

"Your eyes. Why are they red? What are you? You're not Hana" Miyeon said. 

 "I am Hana. It's just, I have always been different, Miyeon unnie. I am a vampire, Miyeon unnie which I know is hard to believe but its true" Hana said. 

"Impossible. Vampires are myths. If you are a vampire, how come we have never noticed your fangs or your eyes?" Miyeon asked. 

"I wore contacts to stop you from finding out about my true self. My fangs only come out when I need to feed. Do you remember the times when I told you I wasn't hungry? Vampires can eat human food but not much" Hana said. 

"Fine, I don't care about all that but why now? Why did you come back now? Why are you telling us all of this now?" Miyeon questioned. A million things ran through her head at once. Her mind tried to processed everything that she was hearing and seeing.

"Because I had the slightest hope that we could still be together. I dreamt of the day that we would see each other again and I would have you back. But I guess not. I'm already too late. It's okay, I understand. Soojin unnie is a good person. She'll treat you right. Better than I'll ever have. You'll be happy even without me. You already are" Hana said as she tried to sound as happy as she could. 

"Hana, you cannot expect me to just suddenly be okay with everything. I just found out that you are alive and that you are actually a vampire. I am at a loss of words. I don't know what to think anymore" Miyeon said. 

Hana gave a small smile and said "I don't expect anything from you, Miyeon unnie. I just came back to see you and Soojin unnie for the last time and send you some messages from the others".

Miyeon and Sookin looked puzzled. 

"The others? Who?" Miyeon asked to which Hana gave a small smile. Just then, something clicked in both their heads as they finally understood. 

"I am sure you already guessed it. Yuqi and Shuhua said that they missed the both of you very much especially Shuhua. She says she loves Soojin unnie and she misses you, Miyeon unnie. They wanted you to know that they are living fine. Minnie unnie also sends her regards and told the both of you to eat right and live happily. Soyeon unnie apologises for staging the gruesome scene and she says that you can stop visiting our graves" Hana said. 

By then, Miyeon and Soojin were already crying. Their friends were alive and well. 

"Lastly, Soyeon unnie also tells you to forget about us. Just continued living like we are gone. It's better for everyone that way. It's also safer for the both of you" Hana said. 

"Are they? Also?" Soojin asked to which Hana nodded and replied "If you are asking whether they are like me then yes". 

"I guess thats as far as I can tell you. I need to go now. I am sorry I cannot explain more" Hana said. 

Hana then walked towards Miyeon and pulled her close to her and hugged her tightly letting Miyeon cry in her embrace. 

"I love you, Miyeon unnie. Be happy and forget about me. Live happily beside Soojin unnie. Forget us and all the bad memories. Only remember the happy times" Hana whispered in Miyeon's ear. 

She kissed Miyeon's cheek and left immediately. Miyeon felt something cold in her right hand as she saw their promise ring. The couple rings that Hana and Miyeon had. Hana had left it behind for Miyeon. Miyeon then fell to the ground sobbing as she held the ring to her chest. Soojin finally moved and wrapped her arms around Miyeon. Soojin held Miyeon tight as she comforted the older girl. 

Hana is back on the roof of the opposite house. She took one last look at Miyeon and Soojin's house as she allowed a lone tear to fall. 

"She will be happy without me. She will continue to smile and laugh even without me. Won't she? I did the right thing, didn't I, Handong unnie?" Hana asked the blonde haired girl who had appeared beside her. 

She turned to look at Handong who smiled and said "You did. She will be happier knowing that all of you are alive. She will soon get over it and continue living her life". 

Handong then reached out her hand and said "Let's go back home, Hana". 

Hana smiled and nodded as she took it. The both of them then disappeared into the dead of the night. 

Related image