Mina

If You Were Me (Girl Group x You)

Creatures of the night. Blood ers. Sanguinare. Vampires. Myoui Mina was the embodiment of all these titles. She also happened to be the most powerful of all of them. A pureblood vampire. She had wandered the Earth for many years searching for a purpose aside from feeding and killing. After 200 years, she had finally found one. 

Year 1940 (Lyon, France) 

Mina had arrived in a small remote village just a few kilometres from town. After the long journey, she decided to feed and she didn't care how many she fed from. Only after she realised that she had slaughtered the entire village did she finally relented. She wiped the blood dripping from her chin and it. She was about to leave when she heard a faint sob. She followed the sound of the sobs to the last house closes to the forest. She walked into the house and saw 3 bodies of the humans that she had fed from lifeless. The sobs got louder when she walked into the kitchen.

The sobs came from the top shelves. She slowly opened the top shelf and was greeted by the sight of a sobbing child. The child stared at Mina in horror. 

"Meurtrier" the child said. (Murderer) 

Mina halted her movements. The child was unlike anything she had ever seen. She wasn't fazed by the blood around Mina's mouth or the crimson eyes. The child's eyes had fire in them and it somehow enchanted Mina. Mina offered her hand towards the child who hit it away. 

"Viens avec moi" Mina said. (Come with me)

"Pourquoi devrais je suivre un meurtrier!" the child said angrily. (Why would I follow a murderer!)

"Parce que tu seras en securite avec moi" Mina replied. (Because you will be safe with me)

The child hesitated for a while. Mina extended her hand once more as the girl slowly reached out to take Mina's hand. Mina smiled, her fangs revealed fully. She carried the child in her arms as they left the village and headed into the next town. She got a room in a small inn. Mina found out that the child's name was Hana and she was 8 years old. Her family had migrated from Korea due to the war and settled here. Things got too hard for her parents as they would beat her and her older brother till they were bruised and bleeding. Mina checked the young child's body and found traces of bruises and dried blood. 

It seems she was right to murder those abusers but the one thing Mina didn't understand. Why did the young child hate her and call her a murderer?

"Tu veux savoir pourquoi je t'ai appele meurtrier" Hana said as if she knew what Mina was thinking. (You want to know why I called you a murderer) 

"Comment saviez-vous?" Mina asked shocked. (How did you know?) 

"Je viens de faire. Je vous appelle parce que vous avez tue mon frere" Hana said. (I just do. I called you that because you killed my brother)

Mina said nothing as she helped the child to prepare for a bath. After the bath, Mina headed out into town to get the child some food. Her enhanced hearing picked up conversations of the town folks. 

"I heard the town before us was attacked by a savage beast" 

"I heard the beast slaughtered everybody. Not one person is alive" 

"Could we be next?"

"Don't be ridiculous, Maria! Your mouth is going to get us jinxed" 

Mina smirked. The town folks didn't even know that the beast they were referring to was a woman who looked exactly like them. Mina picked up a few types of food that she thought Hana would like before returning to the inn. Once she entered the room, she saw Hana playing with her shirt's hem. The girl looking at the floor aimlessly. 

"Hana" Mina called out. 

"Oui" Hana responded. 

Mina placed the food in front of Hana who thanked Mina. A few weeks had gone by as Hana and Mina grew closer. Mina took care of Hana and nurtured her. Teaching her how to read, write and fight. Weeks turned to months. Months turned to years. Hana had reached the age of 17 and grown up to be a fine teenager. Boys her age and men would constantly court her but she would reject politely. Mina on the other hand grew jealous. Not of Hana but over Hana. She had been with Hana every step of the way for 9 years so naturally her affections for Hana grew from motherly to love. 

One day, Hana had been out in the forest. Her feet was in the stream as she cooled herself in the hot weather. 

"Hana. Je ne prendrai pas non pour reponse" (Hana. I will not take no for an answer) 

Hana sighed. Gabriel, one of her suitors had appeared. He was the most agressive in courting her and wouldn't take no for an answer. 

"Gabriel. Je vous dit pas et je veux dire qu'il" Hana said exasperated. (Gabriel. I told you no and I mean it)

Gabriel held onto both of Hana's arms. Hana struggled to break out but he was so much stronger than she was. 

"Si je ne peux pas t'avoir, personne ne peut" Gabriel said obsessively. (If I can't have you, then nobody can) 

Hana stared at him in fear. She could only whisper 'Mina' hoping the vampire would come to her rescue. She felt herself being pushed to the ground roughly. A bow and arrow in Gabriel's hands. 

"N'ayez pas peur. Il ne fera pas mal" Gabriel said as he aimed for Hana's heart. (Don't be scared. It will not hurt) 

He released the arrow as it hit Hana straight in the heart. On the other side, Mina smelled a familiar scent. HANA. She scurried out of the house and ran as fast as she could following the scent of Hana's blood. When she arrived, she saw Gabriel standing over Hana's body. Mina was beyond angry. She was furious as she ripped Gabriel's head off. The guy didn't even expect it. Mina rushed to cradle Hana in her arms. She could feel the faint heartbeat that was gradually fading. 

"Non. Non. S'il vous plait. Rester avec moi" Mina said desperately. (No. No. Please. Stay with me)

"Je suis desole. Je n'ai pas dit cela avant mais je t'aime. J'ai toujours" Hana coughed out weakly. (I'm sorry. I haven't said it before but I love you. I always have) 

"Je t'aime, mon amour" Mina said as she kissed Hana's forehead. (I love you, my love)

Mina bit her wrist and placed it on Hana's mouth. 

"Boisson. Nous serons ensemble pour toujours" Mina said. (Drink. We will be together forever)

Hana slowly drank as she allowed Mina's blood to mix with her own. Mina pulled her hand away. 

"Dormir" Mina whispered as she kissed Hana's forehead. (Sleep) 

Present Day, 2019 (Seoul, Korea) 

Mina sat by the window of a small cafe overlooking the Han River. Her shades covered her face however she still made heads turn to admire her beauty. 

"I think I might need to buy you a mask" 

Mina smirked at the sound of a familiar voice. 

"I can't help if people stare. I am just too beautiful" Mina said. 

Hana sat in front of Mina. Her newly dyed blonde hair shone in the sunlight. 

"Blonde?" Mina asked. 

"I figured why not" Hana replied. 

"I'm not complaining. You look beautiful in every colour" Mina said smoothly. 

Hana's light chuckles filled the air. 

"As smooth as always" Hana said. 

"For you whom I love, I will always do my best. Je t'aime, mon amour" Mina said earnestly. 

"I do too. Forever" Hana replied.