Mayu

If You Were Me (Girl Group x You)

A worn-out girl flopped onto the chair in the AKB dressing room as soon as she walked in. 

"AHH, I am so tired" Mayu said. 

Watanabe Mayu was one of the aces and older members of AKB48. Of course, she wouldn't admit that but with all the newer generations coming in, she had no choice but to admit that she had become a senpai. She had a soft spot for all the baby members that she had met like Nako and Miku from HKT48. They were just too adorable to ignore. Just then, her best friend and fellow ace, Kashiwagi Yuki walked in and laughed at her. She glared at Yuki who tried to stifle her laugh but failed as she continued to laugh. 

"What is so funny?" Mayu asked. 

Yuki calmed herself down and said "Well, for starters you tripped on your own shoelaces on stage in front of our fans. Not to mention, you even screeched into the mike". 

Thinking about it made Yuki laughed. Watanabe Mayu was a 22 years old girl and yet she still trips on her shoelaces. 

"Oh! Shush. I am still trying to get over the embarassment of doing that in front of the fans and the other members" Mayu said. 

"Well, I for one am not forgetting" Yuki said as she went to change. 

"Kashiwagi Yuki. You better not bring it up again" Mayu said angrily as Yuki continued laughing.

The next day, Mayu was with the other AKB members preparing for AKBINGO as they stood around the set waiting for the shoot to begin. Just then, a certain someone caught Mayu's attention. The girl was so pretty with her smiling eyes as she chatted with the other AKB members, Mukaichi Mion and Kojima Mako. She was so into watching the girl that she didn't even hear Yuki calling out to her until she was nudged. She looked to the back and saw Yokoyama Yui and Yuki looking at her. 

"What is it?" Mayu asked. 

"We have been calling you since earlier. What were you thinking so deeply about?" Yuki asked. 

"Oh! Nothing. Just thinking about the show, thats all" Mayu replied. 

"O..Okay" Yuki said as she walked over to talk to the other members. 

Mayu pulled the soukantouku (General Manager. Just in case, you didn't know :) to her side. 

"Yuihan, you see that girl over there" she pointed to the smiling girl still with Mion and Mako.

"Who is she? I haven't seen her around before" Mayu said. 

Yui looked over and said "Ah! That's the new member for Team K. Her name is Saegusa Hana. She became a member pretty fast. I heard she was only a kenkyuusai for 3 months before she was accepted as a member. I've seen her dance before during one of the rehearsals. Her teacher is one of Japan's top dance teachers after all". 

Mayu looked at Hana with a huge fascination. The shoot began as Mayu took the first row and Hana was sitting in the back row. During the break, Mayu had stepped off set to get herself a cup of tea. She did get tea but not in the way she expected. It was all over her clothes. She was about to murder the person who spilt the tea on her. She looked up and saw a pair of the most beautiful worried eyes staring right at her. It was the new member from earlier. 

"I'm so sorry, senpai. I'm really sorry. I am such a clumsy person" Hana apologised over and over again. 

Mayu couldn't get angry at all. It was like all her anger had disappeared. 

"It's o...okay. I'm sure you didn't mean it" Mayu said stuttering a little. 

The girl's eyes were watery as she felt bad to mess up in front of her favourite oshi. She had been a huge fan of AKB since she was a child and always dreamt of becoming an AKB member. When Hana had passed the audition, she was so happy that she cried for days. But now she had spilt tea on her oshi. She just wanted to bury herself somewhere nobody knew. How was she ever going to get close to the older girl? She then felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked up and saw Mayu smiling at her warmly. 

"Hey, it's okay. It's not that big of a deal. I have another set of clothes in the dressing room. Don't be upset about this. I'll just go change" Mayu said gently as she sensed the girl's worry.  

Mayu left the set as she hurried into the dressing room and changed. Thank God! She had thought of bringing an extra pair of clothes today. She walked out and was stunned when she saw Hana leaning against the wall, her head down. 

"Saegusa-san" Mayu called out as Hana looked up. 

"Y..yo...you know me" Hana stuttered. 

Hana was sure that it was her first day here at AKBINGO. She had only recently been made a permanent member. How did she know my name? Hana thought to herself. 

"Well, I noticed a new face on set so I asked Yuihan about you" Mayu said as she tried to cover up when she was internally murdering herself. 

Hana blushed a clear red. Mayu smiled at how cute the girl looked blushing. 

"Are you okay? I'm really sorry about earlier" Hana said. 

"I told you not to worry about it. I'm fine so stop apologising. If you really want to make it up to me, then buy me a cup of coffee after the show" Mayu said. 

"I will if you will allow me" Hana said shyly. 

She was excited because she was going to see her oshi outside of work. It would be a lie if she said that she didn't actually dreamed of having a 'date' with her oshi. Mayu smiled widely at Hana and nodded. The producers then called out to them and said that the shoot was going to begin in another 5 minutes and told them to head back to set. 

Let's just say the both of them enjoyed their coffee date very, VERY MUCH. 


HIIHIHI, I am back. Yes, you heard right. I'm back. I will try to update as many stories as I can. Love your author, H. ;)