Nayeon

If You Were Me (Girl Group x You)

Since I didn't give Nayeon any justice in my earlier chapters, I will give her a full chapter. This one is based on What's Wrong with secretary Kim because I am currently watching it. (I LOVE IT) Sorry if it's bad. I need some time to adjust back to writing. 


Hana had just gotten out of the showers when she saw her clothes already set out for her in her walk-in wardrobe. She wore her clothes and adjusted them as she stared at herself in the mirror.

"How are you so beautiful?" Hana said to her reflection in the mirror. 

She walked downstairs and saw her secretary of 6 years, Im Nayeon already waiting for her.

Nayeon bowed and said "Good morning, President. I have prepared a blue tie to match your clothes today".

Nayeon placed the tie around Hana's neck and tied it perfectly as she adjusted it. 

"Isn't it shining?" Hana asked. 

"The sun?" Nayeon asked. 

"No. Me" Hana said to which Nayeon simply smiled and nodded. 

"Yes, you are perfect, President" Nayeon complimented.

Just then, Nayeon's phone buzzed. 

"President, it is Director Lee. Should we anwer it?" Nayeon asked. 

Hana shook her head and said "No. He will just tell me that our project in Thailand has failed. To me, that is the worse kind of sinner. How can anyone screw up something so trivial? It's like they have never studied the basics of business". 

"Nobody is as competent as you, President" Nayeon said as she cancelled the call.

"Yes, you are right. I am just that good" Hana said narcissistically.  

Another call came as Nayeon said "The biggest sinner of them all has called". 

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go then" Hana said as she walked to her car with Nayeon following behind her. 

They arrived in front of a large skyscraper as the bodyguards opened the door for Hana while Nayeon stepped out of the front seat and followed behind Hana who started to walk already. Hana was the President of Kang Conglomerates, one of the leading and top conglomerates in the world. Hana arrived on the 20th floor as she walked towards one of the directors office. She stopped as Nayeon pushed opened the door for Hana to walk in. 

"Caught in a red light district during working hours" Hana said annoyedly as the director got onto his knees and started to beg Hana. 

"I'm sorry, President Kang. Please forgive me. Give me one more chance" the director said. 

"Do you have any idea how much your actions could affect the company's image? The damage? Who is going to be responsible? It's all over every major newspaper and tabloid" Hana raged.

She took a deep breath and left immediately. 

Nayeon then knelt down and said "Maybe a break will be better, Director Yoon. The President is angry because she has been very disturbed by this incident. Go home and take a rest. You need it". 

The director stood up and said "Yeah, you are right, Secretary Im. Secretary Jung, I am leaving for the day".

"Will Director Yoon still be able to continue?" Secretary Jung asked. 

Nayeon didn't say anything as she called someone.

"Come and clear all of Director Yoon's furniture and things. All of it" Nayeon said through the phone. 

She then looked at Secretary Jung and gave a tight lipped smile as she said "Have you ever seen the president give someone a second chance?" 

Secretary Jung shook her head as Nayeon said "Exactly". 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That very night, Hana and Nayeon attended a party. They drew attention from everyone as they descended the steps towards the garden. 

Nayeon and Hana walked towards a group of people as Nayeon said "That is the new Italian ambassador, Alexandro Giuseppe". 

Hana smiled as she shook hands with the ambassador speaking in Italian "Good evening, ambassador". 

The ambassador seemed pleased as they chatted for a while. The party lasted for a few hours before Hana and Nayeon left. 

Inside the car, Hana and Nayeon sat side by side as Hana asked "When did you learn Italian?"

Nayeon chuckled and said "I didn't. I am already trying my best to learn Chinese and English so adding another would be too much at the moment. I merely gave it a guess from their body language".

Hana cracked a smile as she said "Oh". 

"Well, when they mentioned your name, they were probably praising you so I smiled and nodded along. When one of them got to close, I would subtly move my left hand to swipe my hair back" Nayeon said. 

"Why your left?" Hana asked. 

Nayeon showed her left hand that had a ring on her 4th finger. 

"I wore this ring which is enough to ward them off" Nayeon said. 

Hana smiled and said "You are truly smart, Secretary Im". 

"Of course. Under your guidance and sparta trainings, I have learned quite a lot" Nayeon said. 

"Well, then I will continue to do so then" Hana said. 

"Though, I do have something to tell you" Nayeon said. 

"Don't confess. Our relationship is business only, you know that right" Hana said. 

"Yes, I do. I will not confess" Nayeon said. 

"Good" Hana said. 

"But I do have something important to tell you. You are going to have to find yourself a new secretary. I am resigning, president" Nayeon said. 

Hana looked at Nayeon as she asked "Resigning? Why?" 

"For personal matters, President. Do not worry. I will post about a job statement and narrow down the candidates. Then, the final candidate will be interviewed by you personally" Nayeon replied.

"Fine. Do whatever you want" Hana said coldly as she turned to look out of the window. 

"Yes, president" Nayeon replied. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hana was truly concerned. She couldn't fall asleep no matter how much she tossed and turned. She stayed up the entire night resulting in dark eyebags forming. As soon as she reached the office, she headed into her best friend, Jihyo's office. Park Jihyo was the vice-president of Kang Conglomerates and the only friend Hana had. Jihyo looked shocked to see Hana as she got up from her chair. 

"What a surprise! What are you doing here at this hour?" Jihyo asked. 

"I just cannot understand why" Hana said as she rubbed her temples. 

"What do you mean?" Jihyo asked feeling confused at the sudden situation. 

"Secretary Im is quitting" Hana said.

"Is that so? What did you do?" Jihyo asked. 

"Me? I didn't do anything. I have been the best boss for the past 6 years. Have you seen anyone better than me? I buy her things and give her a high paycheck" Hana said. 

"Beats me. I wouldn't know. Maybe you should ask her" Jihyo said. 

"She wouldn't tell me. She just said personal matters" Hana said. 

Hana returned to her office and pondered. She pressed the intercom as Nayeon walked in and bowed. 

"You called" Nayeon said.

Hana twirled in her chair as Nayeon immediately picked up her phone but before she could call anyone, she heard Hana speak. 

"You were about to get this chair replaced, weren't you?" Hana asked. 

"Yes, you are right, president" Nayeon replied. 

"As much as you know me, I know what you are thinking as well, secretary Im. What you said last night, you were just kidding, right" Hana said. 

"Unfortunately, I am serious, president" Nayeon said. 

"I see. You may leave then" Hana said. 

Nayeon nodded and bowed. 

"Secretary Im" Hana called out as Nayeon turned around. 

"Find me a new secretary ASAP. I want her to be an exact clone of you" Hana said coldly as she flipped through her documents. 

Nayeon then left Hana's office and went back to her place. 

A few days later, Nayeon knocked on Hana's door and pushed open the door as she walked in. She saw Hana was looking through some documents as she walked towards Hana. 

"President, the candidate for your new secretary has already been chosen. All thats left is for you to interview her" Nayeon said. 

"Bring her in" Hana said as she stood up from her chair and headed towards the couch. Nayeon nodded and went to bring the new girl in. 

Nayeon then sat beside Hana as the girl sat opposite them. 

"This is Kim Dahyun, President" Nayeon said as she handed Hana a file. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you, President Kang" Dahyun said energetically. 

Hana felt an impending headache coming. The girl was way too energetic for her liking. Hana opened the file and looked at the list of interview questions. Not even bothering to follow the questions, Hana closed the file. 

"Tell me, Miss Kim. Are you going to be loyal at your job?" Hana asked. 

"If you give me chance, I will" Dahyun said.

Hana passed the file over to Nayeon who took it. 

"If you were given an opportunity to get the job, will you......" Nayeon was cut off by Hana. 

"Will you quit your job for marriage or dating?" Hana asked recalling what Nayeon had told her several days ago. 

"Well, no" Dahyun said. 

"If your work became your life then yes" Nayeon said. 

Hana and Nayeon bickered back and forth leaving Dahyun stunned as she watched everything unfold. 

"Fine, you are hired, Miss Kim" Hana said. 

"Really! Thank you. I will make sure to do my best so you don't regret choosing me" Dahyun said. 

Hana already regretted it the moment it left but what's done is done. 

"Secretary Im, you are to train her to be as competent as you. I want her to be an exact clone, remember. Make sure you do so before you leave" Hana said as she walked back to her table. 

Nayeon nodded and bowed as both Dahyun and her left Hana's office. Nayeon brought Dahyun over to her work station and placed several thick files in front of her. 

"This is a list of President Kang's schedule for the next 3 months so make sure to memorise it. Next, you are required to make tea for her at 2 p.m sharp every day or whenever she feels like it. Then, this book is a list of the president's likes and dislikes. You need to memorise it too" Nayeon said. 

Dahyun's jaw dropped at the sheer amount of things. 

"I have to memorise all of these?" Dahyun asked. 

"Yes. And those too" Nayeon said as she pointed at the 7 big boxes at the side.

Nayeon then took out a paper from the drawer as she said "These are some things you must never do. The most important one is don't ever use cable ties in front of the president. Not a single one even. That is an absolute taboo". 

"I understand" Dahyun said. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nayeon walked into Hana's office the next day. She saw Hana standing by the window, her face solemn. Hana turned around to look at Nayeon. 

Hana then spoke in a soft and sad tone "I have been thinking a lot about my actions these days. From going to your house and saying ridiculous stuff.about marrying you. I realise how selfish and self-centred I am. So, I will let you go, secretary Im. Once you have passed down your skills to Miss Kim, you may leave. Just one month, secretary Im. You may leave now". 

Nayeon bowed and left as she thought back to Hana's sad tone.

Nayeon and Dahyun both followed Hana to one of Kang Conglomerates hotel branches. Hana was checking the new furnitures for each room including the tidiness. 

"Good work" Hana said as she walked through the hallways. 

"Thank you. The hotels sales has doubled recently and many has complimented our services" the general manager of the hotel said. 

"So, what are you doing more to triple the sales?" Hana asked. 

The general manager was flustered as he said "M...more". 

"Yes, I know our hotels are doing well but what more can you do to increase sales even more?" Hana asked. 

"Secretary Kim, do you have the details on a new plan to increase sales?" Hana stopped and asked Dahyun who seemed flustered. 

"Ah, no. Not yet" Dahyun said. 

"I will search for a plan, right away" Nayeon said. 

"Just how the hell are you teaching your successor that she cannot even do a simple task?" Hana said angrily. 

Hana then walked off leaving Nayeon. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nayeon was feeling upset because Hana was right. She had not done a good job of teaching her successor. Another thing was that Hana had called Dahyun only every time which somehow upset Nayeon. She knew she was going to leave but she didn't feel so well suddenly. Nayeon had gone home but was surprised when she saw Hana leaning against the side of her car. 

"President, what are you doing here?" Nayeon asked. 

Hana then walked to the back of her car and popped open the trunk. She then took out a huge squirtle stuff toy and handed it to Nayeon. 

"I'm sorry for getting angry at you earlier. I went overboard with it. This is my sorry gift. I remembered you like stuff toys so I got you one" Hana said. 

"Thank you for this and you need not apologise. It was my mistake. I will do better next time" Nayeon said.

"I don't doubt your skills, Secretary Im" Hana said.

"You must go now, president. You need to rest for the sports meet tomorrow" Nayeon said. 

Hana nodded and waved at Nayeon before leaving. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Nayeon and Dahyun was already dressed for the sports meet between divisions. 

"Secretary Im, Secretary Kim" Hana greeted as she stood in front of them. 

"President, we are ready to leave in 30 minutes" Nayeon said. 

Hana nodded and said "Okay. Make sure to win in the events you join today". 

"Isn't participating in it good enough?" Dahyun asked. 

"That's an excuse only lazy people use. Hardworkers do not complain, they do everything they can to win" Hana said. 

Hana then walked into her office after saying that leaving Nayeon and Dahyun alone. 

"Okay then Shall we get ready then? You send a map of the place to the other members while I...." Nayeon was cut off by the sound of files being dropped inside Hana's office.  

"SECRETARY IM" Hana screamed loudly as Nayeon rushed in along with Dahyun. 

"Get rid of those immediately" Hana said in a strained voice as she was hyperventilating and closing her eyes with both arms turning away.

Nayeon finally noticed the cable ties wrapped around the chargers. Nayeon immediately took a pair of scissors and cut them. She stuffed them into her jacket's pocket. 

"It's gone, President" Nayeon said. 

Hana then looked at the two of them with glares as she said gritted her teeth and said harshly "Who did this?"

Nayeon could see Dahyun trembling. 

"I did, president. Please forgive me. I have been a bit out of it with all the work these days that it must have slipped my mind" Nayeon said taking the fall for Dahyun.

Hana slammed the table with both hands startling Nayeon and Dahyun as she stomped out.