Chapter 8 - Seeing red

I Need You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Taehyung-ah!" Lee Souen's voice sounded alarmed. "Help me. I was about to lock the door but they got into the house. Hanbyul and I are-"

"Yah! Ahjumma!" An unfamiliar gruff voice came from the background. "Who do you think you're calling? Is that your useless husband? Tell him to come home right now. We need to have a chat with him."

The hair on Taehyung's arms stood. "Omma!" He shouted. "Who was that?! Whats going on."

Jisoo was startled when Taehyung raised his voice. She looked at him in concern, trying to decipher whats happening on the other side of the line. 

"Please don't hurt her!" Taehyung's mother screamed but her voice sounded further than before as if she wasn't talking on the phone anymore. 

"Who's hurting Hanbyul?!" Taehyung eyes widened, his legs already moving towards the door. "I'm calling the police!"

"No! Don't call the police!" Before he could hear anything else, the line went dead. 

"Taehyung-shi!" Jisoo took a step forward. "Whats wrong?"

His heart rate increased to overdrive. His mind filling up with thoughts he couldn't even bare to say out loud. "I'm sorry. I need to go." Taehyung said hurriedly before running out. 

He took the stairs down two steps at a time, sometimes four. He couldn't care less if he had sprained his ankle. All he knew was that his mother and sister needed him.

"Wait!" Jisoo called, chasing after him. But with her shorter legs, he was way ahead of her. "Taehyung-shi!"

Taehyung was running across the school's lawn at full speed with Jisoo in tow, still trying to catch up. Students lingering around stared at them in confusion. Probably thinking what these two adults were running away from.

Taehyung was about to run across the road when a horn blared repeatedly. Only then did he stopped running, barely missing the lorry that sped pass.

She almost had a heart attack, thinking he was going to cross the road despite the incoming traffic. But thankfully he had stopped, giving Jisoo the chance to catch up. "Taehyung-shi." She grabbed onto Taehyung's denim jacket so he couldn't start running away again. When he turned to look at her, Jisoo realised his eyes were unfocused and his breathing was uneven.  Whatever it was thats got him riled up, its really bad.

"I got a car." She panted, pointing to a black car parked nearby that her driver had been waiting in . "So let me help you. Just tell me where you're heading."

-----------

Sitting beside him in the back seat of her car, Jisoo could tell how anxious Taehyung was. His knees were bouncing up and down. His hands were clasped tightly till his knuckles were white. 

Even her driver, Uncle Daejung could tell how troubled Taehyung was. He kept looking at the rearview mirror to check up on the boy Jisoo had insisted they drove home. 

Finally arriving at the address given, without another word, Taehyung opened the car door and ran. He entered an apartment complex and disappeared from her view. 

"Jisoo-ah." Uncle Daejung spoke worriedly. "Is your friend okay?"

"I don't know." She frowned, closing the car door that Taehyung had left open. She wanted to ask him during the car ride but she had kept quiet instead because she knew Taehyung probably wouldn't have answered. No one can answer coherently when their mind was someplace else.

"We should go." Her driver said, putting the gear back on drive. "Your Appa will get angry if you come h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter