Chapter 32 - Unknown number

I Need You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Taehyung-ah, wake up." The sound of Jisoo's voice echoed. It was urgent yet soft as if she was far away from him. He tried to look for her but all he saw was darkness.

"Taehyung-ah! Please wake up!" The voice was louder now. Taehyung ran aimlessly eventhough he couldn't see anything, trying to get to Jisoo.

"Jisoo...Jisoo." He desperately called out. His hands grasping thin air. He can't die yet. Not without telling her he loves her.

"Taehyung-shi, please wake up." 

Taehyung froze. That voice wasn't Jisoo's. It was feminine as if it belongs to a girl but it wasn't Jisoo's soothing voice. 

"Taehyung-shi." The voice said again. This time he felt a hand on his shoulder, shaking him. It felt almost similar to how his father had grabbed his shoulder before he stabbed him that his body instantly jolted. 

Bright lights attacked his watery eyes as he tried to adjust to the surrounding. Slowly, as he succeeded in opening his eyes fully, he realised he was standing in Hanbyul's hospital room. Her tiny frame still unconscious on her bed and a surprised nurse stood a few feet away from him.

"Are you okay, Taehyung-shi?" The young nurse spoke again and Taehyung knew she was the source of the unfamiliar feminine voice. 

"Okay? How could I be okay after being stabb--" Taehyung looked down at his abdomen. His hand clutching his t-shirt that had no holes or whatever traces that suggested he was attacked. His shirt was coated with sweat instead of blood. "What..what happened?"

"I was doing my rounds and I thought I heard voices coming from this room so I checked inside." The nurse began explaining. "You were sleeping and mumbling in your sleep. I think you kept on saying Ji..."

"Jisoo." Taehyung finished off for her.

"That's right! It seemed you had a nightmare."

Nightmare? That was all it had been? Just a bad dream? How could it felt so real? Taehyung slumped back down on his chair and breathed out a sigh of relief. His hands pushing his wet locks away from his face. 

"Here, I bought you this. You look like you could use it." The nurse handed him a can of coffee much to his dismay. Taehyung doesn't think he could ever drink that again after having that nightmare. But nonetheless he accepted it.

"Thanks." He said, putting the coffee on the table instead of drinking it. "What time is it?" He asked, looking around for his phone.

"7.15 a.m."

"7.15 a.m?!" Taehyung sprung back up. "! Have you seen my phone?" He was suppose to fetch his mother 45 minutes ago. She must be wondering where he is right now. "I need to call my mother."

"Don't bother. I'm here already." 

Taehyung looked back to see his mother walking into the room. Behind her, Jisoo came in looking equally annoyed as the older woman. Despite that, Taehyung couldn't be happier to see the two woman he loves standing before him. After that awful dream he had, he appreciates their presence even more.

"Why didn't you pick up your call?" Lee Souen placed her hands on her hip. "Do you know how worried Jisoo and I were?"

Taehyung glanced at Jisoo and threw her a teasing smile. "You were worried about me?"

Jisoo narrowed her eyes at him and looked away. Thats when her eyes landed on the nurse who was giving her a once over before smiling brightly at Taehyung's mother. 

"Lee Souen-shi, I am Jung Euna. I'm the nurse incharge of Hanbyul." The nurse bowed.

"Gurae, bangabseubnida." Lee Soeun bowed back. "Is there any progress on my daughter's condition?"

"Ne, her heart rate is--"

"Jjangkamman." Lee Souen held up her hand to stop the nurse. Her eyes darting between the upset looking Jisoo and her son who can't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter