Chapter 14 - Faltered smiles

I Need You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Tomorrow i'll take you there. 6.30pm sharp! -Taehyung. Sent at 5.12pm.~

Jisoo smiled to herself as she typed out a reply.

~Okay. -Jisoo. Sent at 5.12pm.~

"Yah! What are you doing smiling to yourself?" Jennie shook her shoulders from behind, giving Jisoo a mini heart attack.

"Jennie!" Jisoo playfully swatted Jennie's arm. "I'll die early if you keep doing that!"

"Who were you texting?" Jennie grinned, trying to look at her phone.

"No one." Jisoo pocketed her device.

"It's Taehyung isn't it?" Her friend jumped up and down excitedly. "Are you two dating? Should i tell the hundred of Kim Taehyung admirers that they've lost the chance already?"

Jisoo placed her finger on her lips, telling Jennie to lower her voice. "Aniya, we're not dating." It was the truth. They're weren't dating. They were just two individuals getting to know each other and it just so happens they were going to the Han River the next day. Friends could do that too right?

Right?

"We're just...friends."

"Mhmm." Jennie rolled her eyes. "Friends who texted each other while smiling to themselves."

"He said something funny." Jisoo shrugged.

"Yeah. I'm sure he's a comedian." Jennie said flatly. "Whatever it is, i'm happy for you. You look alot more lively than your first day here."

Does she? Had she really been brighter since she'd gotten closer to Taehyung? The night from the day before came into her mind. He had told her his problems. The reasons for the sadness in his paintings. Why he is the way he is.

He had opened up to her.

And one day she might do the same for him.

That thought brought another smile to her face. Although she really thought he deserved to know her more after everything he had told her, she couldn't bring herself to say out the words.

She was afraid he'll laugh at her. Laugh at her because he thinks her family problems are stupid compared to his. Jisoo wanted to believe Taehyung was not that kind of person. But she doesn't have the courage. She was afraid her assumptions would turn out to be true. And then what? Would she really let him go?

Jisoo's phone buzzed with an incoming text. She took out her phone and read it.

~I'm ouside the gate. -Uncle Daejung. Sent at 5.32pm.~

The smile that was previously on her lips faltered. It was time to face the music. Jisoo packed up her things and turned to her friend. "Mianhe Jennie-ah. I have to go."

"Where?"

"I have dinner plans."

Jennie smirked. "With Taehyung?"

With a heavy sigh, Jisoo shook her head. "If only that was true."

----------------------

Taehyung counted the money in the envelop he had just earned from working as a photographer at another wedding.  He could not wait to give some of it to his mother. After everything she had been through, she deserve a break. That thought brought a smile to his face.

Looking out from the bus window, he realised he had arrived at his stop. The cold night air instantly hit him once he got off. Putting his hands in his pockets to keep himself warm, Taehyung walked along the streets to get to his home.

There were several restaurants, cafes and pop up stands along the way. Some selling meat, soju, fish cake and ddeokbokki that Hanbyul always like to eat even when she can't stand the spiciness.

"Don't try to run away again!"

A shout came from a nearby food stall. People were crowding around the entrance trying to get a good look at the commotion.

"Yah! I only drank a few!" Someone slurred.

Although the voice wasn't clear but Taehyung knew exactly who it was. He had gotten used to it after five years of living with an alcoholic.

Closing his eyes, Taehyung debated with himself. Should he really involve himself in this? Does his father even deserve his help? Where was he when the gangsters were in their home? "Aniya Taehyung-ah. He got himself into this mess, he should know how to get out of it himself." He said, continuing his walk home.

But the sound of bottles breaking stopped him again.

"Ahjushi! Drop it or we will call the police!"
Someone ordered.

Taehyung cursed under his breath. "Damn it, Appa!" He bit out before running into the food stall.

He had to squeeze through the throngs of people to get to the front where his father was holding a broken bottle of soju and waving it around.

"Get back all of you!" Kim Jae Guen barked. His legs unsteady, obviously having drank more than just a few bottles. 

People around mummered among themselves and some were taking videos.

"Crazy old man." Taehyung heard someone said and he felt a wave of sadness overcame him. 

He used to idolised that very same crazy old man.

Before his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter