Chapter 18 - Distractions

I Need You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo and Taehyung had spent atleast two hours together after school for their art lessons the past week. At times, they put aside their paint brushes and simply just talked. They talked about almost everything. Their childhood, their pet peeves, their dreams. Even when they're not together, Taehyung would randomly text her atleast once a day. They had really gotten to know each other pretty well although Jisoo was still conscious about talking too much regarding her family. Nonetheless, it was great,

But all good things must come to an end.

Atleast thats what Jisoo thought of as she zipped up her blue dress. 

It was Saturday-- the day she had to attend her father's colleague's wedding.

With Suho.

As a couple.

"Jisoo-shi, Suho is here." Her maid knocked.

"Ne." Jisoo sighed, taking her handbag with her before descending down the stairs.

Suho was talking to her father when she reached the living room. Sure enough, he was wearing a blue tie along with a black suit. Jisoo wasn't denying that Suho was really good-looking. He was smart and rich too. Perhaps she will finally get her father's approval if she were to date him but she can't force herself to like him when she doesn't. 

There was just no sparks between them or atleast on her part. She just couldn't picture herself with someone who seem to be as business driven as her father. 

"Jisoo-ah." Suho gaped. "You look beautiful."

Jisoo gave him a small smile. "Gomowa Suho-ah."

"Let's get going. You've already made us wait." Her father huffed before walking out their front door.

Jisoo watched as her father left them. How was she suppose to survive the whole car ride with Suho and her father together? She could only pretend to be calm for so long. 

"Jisoo-ah." Suho placed a hand on her shoulder. "Don't listen to him. I just arrived too."

Sometimes it hurts Jisoo how nice Suho was to her. Jisoo doesn't deserve him at all. Why can't she just be a simple girl and fall for the easiest guy? It would have made life much less complicated. 

"I'm fine." Jisoo assured him. "Lets get going before he starts shouting."

-------------------------------------------------------

Click, click, click.

Taehyung pressed the shutter of his camera as the bride and groom entered the wedding hall. He went around the room, taking in all the decorations and the nicely dressed guest, some of whom asked for his business cards. Taehyung was glad he was being more and more recognised as a photographer despite just being a freelancer.

Just as he was looking through his lens, the door of the wedding hall opened. A tall middle-aged man walked in with a stern look on his face and behind him, a couple with their elbows interlinked followed suit. 

Taehyung lowered his camera once he recognised who it was. It was hard not to recognise such beauty even when looking from afar. 

JIsoo was wearing a floral blue dress that falls a few inches above her knees. Expansive pearl earings dangled from her earlobes that Taehyung was sure costed more than what he makes in a month. And the guy...

The guy that had his arm interlinked with her's. He didn't look any less impressive than she did. Taehyung felt a stab of jealousy but shoved it down brutally. How could he feel such a thing? She could be with whoever she wanted to. He had no claim on her whatsover. 

"Nam Jil-ah! Over here." Another aged couple seemed to call the stern-looking man over to their table.

"Omma, Appa." The guy Jisoo was with raised his hand before they all went and took a seat on the same table.

Taehyung had to looked away, not wanting to distract himself any further although whatever concentration he had was gone. He had a job to do that night and he had to focus. The bond he had with Jisoo in the art room the past week is irrelevent here. Right now, they were from two different worlds.

-----------------------------------------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter