Chapter 25 - Truth part 3

I Need You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoon Dae Hee sonsaeng-nim placed an arm around his wife's shoulder. "Jisoo-shi, Taehyung-shi. This is my wife, Jang Mi--"

"Jang Min Jun." Jisoo breathed out the name she missed so much. She never thought she'll meet her again. Especially as Dae Hee sonsaeng-nim's wife. 

A painful dose of reality hit her right then. She wasn't the same person Jisoo knew anymore.

She wasn't her Omma.

Yoon Dae Hee looked between Jisoo and his wife. "You two know each other?"

Before Jisoo could think of a response, her mother beat her to it.

"Aniyo." She blurted out. "I mean yes. We...uh...crossed path at the.." Jang Min Jun's eyes landed on the grocery bags at her feet. "...supermarket once."

Jisoo's heart felt like it had been ripped to pieces. She had waited ten years to be reunited with her mother only to be told they were just mere aquaintances by the same woman. 

Taehyung, on the other hand, knew something was off. Jisoo's hand that was still gripping his arm began to loosen before it fell limp to her side as if she had lost her strength all of a sudden.

"I see." Yoon Dae Hee nodded at his wife's explaination. "What a small world. Anyway, why don't we all head inside and have a--"

"I'm sorry. We need to go." Jisoo muttered before immediately walking away, brushing past her mother and her confused looking teacher. She knew it might appear rude but if she had stayed there any longer, she would have burst into tears any second. 

"Jisoo-ah!" Taehyung called but she didn't turned back. "Please excuse us. It was nice meeting both of you." He bowed at the older couple before quickly running off.

Jisoo didn't know where she was heading. All she knew was that she had to get away from that place.

"Jisoo! Jjangkaman!" Taehyung shouted, quickening his steps. Once Jisoo was within reach, he grabbed her hand and spun her around. "Talk to me!"

Jisoo's mind was all over the place. How could all this happen? What were the odds? Was the world playing a cruel joke on her? Or was her eyes and ears playing tricks on her?

Taking out her phone, Jisoo scrolled through her photo gallery and clicked on the picture she took of the envelope she found in her father's trash can. Zooming in, she read the address written on it and sure enough, it was the same address as Dae Hee sonsaeng-nim.

"It's her." Jisoo croaked. "It's really her."

Taehyung cupped her face to make sure she was looking at him. "Tell me what's wrong. Who is she?"

It took a moment for Jisoo to gather her thoughts and answer Taehyung's question. "She's my mother."

"Your..." Taehyung's eyes widened. 

"She pretended not to know me." Jisoo let out a hollow laugh. "I was just someone she crossed path with."

Taehyung pulled her towards him and wrapped her up in his arms. "Don't laugh. If you want to cry, just cry. Don't keep it all in, Jisoo-ah." He said softly, brushing her hair with his fingers. 

"My mother..." She let her emotions go, burrying herself in Taehyung's chest. "How could she do that to me? I waited for her for so long."

Passer bys were giving them strange looks but Taehyung ignored them all. Instead, he focused on Jisoo's rapid heartbeat againt his own. Standing there, waiting for her heavings to slow down before he let her go. 

"I want to go home." Jisoo sniffed.

"Gurae." Taehyung wiped her tears. "Let's go back to the apartment."

"No, I need to go back to my home. I need to talk to my father." Jisoo insisted. She wanted an explaination. Did he knew about Dae Hee's sonsaeng-nim and her mother? If he did, how long had he knew? And why didn't he tell her?

-----------------------------

 

Jisoo burst through her front door, not even bothering closing it back. Her maid, who came running from the kitchen after hearing the door slammed open, looked panicked as she tried to slow Jisoo down.

"Jisoo-shi! Please calm down!"

"Appa!" Jisoo called out, finding it funny how he's not sitting on the sofa when she needs him to be. "Where's my father?"

"He's in his room. But he's not felling we--- Jisoo-shi, jjangkaman!" 

Jisoo didn't wait for her maid to finish her sentence before she started climbing up the stairs to her father's room. Opening her father door without knocking, Jisoo was greeted by a dimly lit room. The only thing she could see was the silhouette of the bed and a hump on it, indicating her father was there.

"Appa!" Jisoo called again, switching the bedroom lights on.

Despite Jisoo's sudden appearance, Kim Nam Jil looked calm as he sat upright and appraised her daughter. "You came back."

Jisoo stomped towards her father. "I met Dae Hee Sonsaeng-nim." She said, cutting to the chase. "Did you knew about it?"

Kim Nam Jil's cool facade disappeared as he gasped. "You we--"

"Did you knew that he married Omma eight years ago or not?!"

"I...." He tried to explain but eventually let out a heavy sigh. "Ne."

Jisoo's stomach dropped. Her hands went up to her head, feeling lightheaded. "Why....how...." She struggled to find the words to say. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"You didn't read the letter, did you?" Kim Nam Jil pushed his bedcover away and sat on the edge of his bed. He reached out to his nightstand and took out the same envelope Jisoo had found in his trash can the previous day.

"How is it related?" Jisoo eyed the envelope tentatively, suddenly afriad of what's written inside. 

"Read it." Her father ed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter