Chapter 12 - Lunchbox

I Need You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I still can't believe he said that!" Jisoo grumbled for the 100th time since she got in her car. 

"Ermm.. Jisoo-ah." Her driver looked at her through the rear view mirror uneasily. "We've arrived."

"Huh?" Jisoo looked out the car window and saw her front lawn. She was too busy being angry in her own little bubble that she hadn't realised the time pass. "Oh." 

Uncle Daejung unbuckled his seatbeat and was about to open the door when Jisoo stopped him. 

"Samchon." Jisoo said, glancing at the time displayed on her phone and also the multiple missed calls she had gotten. "I think its better if you don't come in. I don't want to...inconvenience you." 

They both knew what she meant. Its 11.30 pm and she hadn't even given her father a call to inform him she'll be late. After everything that happened, it was not surprising it slipped her mind. 

"Are you sure you'll be okay?"

"Ne, Samchon. Kamsamida." Jisoo smiled before getting out of the car. She could see the lights in the living room through the windows. She prayed that her father had went to sleep and that their maid had simply forgotten to turn off the lights. Taking a deep breath, she climbed up the front porch steps and turned the handle of the impressive mahogany door.

The door creaked loudly against the silent night. Not sparing a glance towards the leaving room, Jisoo tried to tip toe her way to the stairs.

"Where were you?"

Jisoo gasped, freezing just as she placed her left foot on the first steps. Biting her lips, Jisoo turned her head and saw her father sitting on one of their big recliner chairs in the living room. His fingers were steepled together and his eyes were daunting as he glared at her.

Jisoo approached her father warily. "Appa. Why aren't you asleep?"

"Answer my question!" Kim Nam Jil demanded. 

Jisoo jolted. "I-I was out with a friend." It wasn't a complete lie although after today, she wasn't sure Taehyung warrants as a friend. 

Her father narrowed his eyes. "You don't have any friends after the accident. And i've called Suho who said you weren't with him."

Pushing back the hurt from her father's harsh words, Jisoo straightened her shoulders. "I've made new friends in Yonsei." That part was true. She and Jennie were getting along fairly well. She might not be the "friend" she was with just now but what her father doesn't know won't hurt him. Or won't hurt her to be more precise.

"You better tell me truthfully right now Kim Jisoo." Her father stood up, pointing a finger in her face. "Did you go to meet him?"

"I didn't." Jisoo tried to appear calm but inside she was panicking. Did Suho told her father he had given her the address? Her hand unconsciously held her phone tighter as if trying to conceal the text message from Suho even more. "After the accident i've never seen nor talk to him. I swear, Appa."

Kim Nam Jil lowered his hand, seemingly satisfied with her answer. Jisoo let out a breath of relief.

"Don't come home late again without informing me."

"I won't Appa." She bowed. "I'm sorry."

"And one more thing, Jisoo."

"Ne?"

"Two days from now, Suho's parents are coming for dinner. I want you to be home and dressed to greet them by 7 pm." He said, hands behind his back as he walked away.

"Do I really have to be there?" Jisoo pouted. She's been to this business dinners countless of times and they were all killing her with boring talks and statictics. Or even worst, her father belittling her by comparing her to his friends' kids who were supposedly better than her at everything.

"Do not ask me that question again." He sternly replied, climbing up the stairs to his room.

Jisoo sighed. "Ne. Goodnight Appa." She softly said although her father didn't listen. Like he never does.

--------------------------

Taehyung couldn't move. He had somehow fallen asleep last night after tossing and turning for hours but now, as his mother calls him through his bedroom door, he couldn't seem to get his body to get up and answer the door.

"Taehyung-ah." Lee Soeun knocked her son's door twice. "Are you in there?"

"Ne, ne Omma!" He answered. "Don't come in! I'm..uh..not wearing clothes!" He lied. Taehyung slowly lifted his upperbody with his elbow and pushed himself against the headboard so he could sit upright. 

"I'm your Omma. I've seen you without clothes plenty of time." His mother laughed.

"That was years ago!" Taehyung swung his legs to the side and tried to stand before limping to the mirror attached to his cupboard door. The bruise on his jaw had gotten darker but it doesn't sting as much.

"I'm sure everything looks the same!" Lee Soeun son.

Taehyung lifted up his t-shirt and sighed heavily. His abdomen was a mess. It looked as if someone had splashed paint on him with the colour combination of purple, black and blue. "Trust me, Omma. It does not look the same." He said, still looking at his injuries. He gently touched his rib and instantly flinched. The pain had only intensified since yesterday, making his head feel drowsy. 

"Well, come out when you're ready. I've made breakfast."

"Ne, Omma."

An hour later, Taehyung had showered and put on his clothes. It could have taken him half that time if he didn't had to stop and wait for the pain that accompanies his every movement to subside.

"What took you so long?" Lee Soeun frowned as Taehyung took a seat at their dining table."Hanbyul had been waiting. She didn't want to eat without you."

"Mianhe Hanbyul-ah." Taehyung patted his sister's head. "Oppa couldn't find my...watch." He lied, lifting up his wrist.

"Its okay, Oppa!" Hanbyul grinned before taking a bite from her sandwich.

"So Taehyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter