Chapter 20 - Second family

I Need You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Then today is our first day."

Taehyung brought his face closer, slowly at fist, as if he wanted to test out if Jisoo would push him away. But when she didn't, he mustered up all his courage and kissed her. 

Jisoo's heart beat faster and faster as Taehyung's face came up to her own. He tilt back her head slightly and let their lips touch. It was a soft and slow kiss, as if he was savouring the moment. Neither of them wanted to rush. His thumbs carrassed the sides of her face so tenderly as Jisoo's hands splayed across his broad chest, feeling the drumming of his heart. Before Jisoo knew it, she was kissing him back. 

Standing underneath the shade of a tree, the sun just about to set, together with the guy she could be herself with, it was the perfect first kiss for them.

A moment later, Taehyung broke the kiss. He smiled down at her, letting thier noses touch. "But I have to warn you though." He said. "I'm not used to this. I don't know how to be a good...boyfriend"

Her heart blossomed when Taehyung referred himself as her boyfriend. "Just be you."

"Thank you." He lifted up his head so he could see her better. "For accepting me even though I have nothing."

Jisoo placed her hands over his. "Taehyung-ah, you have everything I ever need and more."

 

---------------------------------------

Jisoo couldn't wipe the goofy smile she had on her face even as she walked through her front door. How could she? The guy she likes, likes her back! It is arguably one of the best feeling in the world!

Even as she walked towards her staircase, she couldn't help but twirl around as if she was still dancing with Taehyung like the day before. 

Taehyung. Her boyfriend. Jisoo bit her lips to stop herself from giggling like a little girl.

"You've been going out frequently these days."

A sense of deja vu hit her as Jisoo saw her father sitting on the sofa in their living room. "Appa."

"Where did you go?"

She cleared , feeling uncomfortable being questioned like that. "The park."

Her father frowned. "With who?"

"My...friend." Jisoo gulped. "From school."

"The same friend you talked to at the wedding?" He rubbed his chin. "Taehyung?"

Jisoo's breath hitched. She was pretty sure the only time she talked to Taehyung during the wedding was when they were outside of the wedding hall, away from her father. There was no way he could have seen them or even know his name unless...

"Suho told you, didn't he?" Jisoo asked eventhough she already knew the answer.

"And it seems that Suho was not pleased with your friend." Kim Nam Jil uttered the last word in disdain. "So tell me Jisoo. Does Suho have a legitimate reason to dislike this Taehyung guy?"

"No." Her desire to protect Taehyung on full force. "He has been nice to me and had helped me in more ways than one."

Jisoo's father laughed mockingly. "My sweet, naive daughter. We both know there is only one reason why someone is nice to you. Just look at all your other friends from your previous school. When will you learn your lesson?"

"He's not after our money." Jisoo said through clenched teeth. "And even if he is, how is Suho any different?" She knew the main reason thier parents were adament in getting them together was to secure a business union. 

"The difference is we're getting something out of your relationship with Suho as well."

"Who says I'm not getting anything out of Taehyung?"

Kim Nam Jil inclined his left eyebrow, seemingly intrigued. "Your friend is rich?"

Jisoo rolled her eyes. "Why is everything about money to you?"

"Then what are you getting out of him?" Her father's eyes drifted to the paper bag in her hand. "That?"

Jisoo unconsciously hid the paper bag behind her back. "This is nothing."

Her movements only made him more suspicious as Kim Nam Jil stood up from the sofa. "Give me that." He snatched it away from Jisoo and dropped the content onto the floor. Different sizes of paint brushes and different coloured paint tubes rolled all over.

"Paint?" His nostrils flared. "I thought I told you to stop wasting time on this!" He picked up the brushes and paint and stomped over to their fireplace.

Jisoo's eyes widened as she clinged onto her father's arm. "Appa! Please stop it! Jebal!"

But her father was too strong for her to stop him from throwing Taehyung's gift into the blazing fire. Tears streaked down her cheeks. Jisoo could only watch helplessly as the paint tubes melted and the wooden brushes turned to ashes.

"What else did he gave you? Don't tell me it's something useless like happiness or even...love?" 

"But isn't that enough?" Jisoo sniffed, her voice small. All her life, the only thing she ever craved for was that.

Realisation crossed her father's features before it hardened again. "Your friend...he's not just a friend to you, isn't he?" When Jisoo remained quiet, he growled. "Answer me Kim Jisoo!"

"No, he's not!" She burst out, half worried and half relieved to get it out in the open. "I like him, Appa. And he likes me too."

Kim Nam Jil shook his head, not wanting to accept it. "Break it off with him before Suho's family learn about this."

"I'm not going to do that." Jisoo stubbornly refused. It hadn't even been a day since they made it official and already there's someone who's telling her to end it. "I don't care if Suho's parents know about my relationship with Taehyung. It's the truth and they deserve to know that I'm not interested in their son."

"Truth?" Her father snorted. "Then does Taehyung knows the truth as well? The real reason why you changed schools?"

"I changed schools because of you."

"You're right. So you out of all people should know what I can do to make someone...disappear from my daughter's life."

"If you do that again," Jisoo bit out. "I will run away from you...just like Omma did." She knew it was a low blow but she didn't care at that point. She wanted to hurt him as much as he had hurt her.

And it worked.

Kim Nam Jil flinched at Jisoo's threat. "I will find you even if you run away."

"Can you actually find a missing person?" She mocked. "Because you don't seem to be able to find Omma seeing that she's still missing! Unless..." Jisoo narrowed her eyes. "...you purposely hid her from me!"

Her father did not take her accusations too kindly. He closed the distance between them and grabbed her shoulders. "I didn't---" He stopped himself before he could say anything else. 

Jisoo searched her father's face. His eyes changed from anger to regret before it turned aloof again. "You didn't what?" She asked.

Kim Nam Jil released her daughter and backed away from her. "Never talk about your mother again." He said before retreating up the stairs.

Jisoo's legs gave way as she dropped onto the floor. Its hard to imagine how happy she was just hours ago because right then all she felt was vulnerable. Hugging her knees, she looked at the empty paper bag lying across from her and then to the fireplace where Taehyung's gift was burning. What was she suppose to tell him if he asked about it?

"Mianhe, Taehyung-ah. Jinjja mianhe."

------------------------------------------------

Two weeks later.

Jisoo wasn't sure it was possible but her father had gotten even colder since their argument. He hadn't spoken to her and in fact, Jisoo was pretty sure he was avoiding her.

Jisoo shook her head in disbelief. First her mother disappeared and now her own father hates her.

"What are you thinking about?" A pair of strong arms wrapped around her from behind.

Jisoo broke into a smile before slapping Taehyung's arms away playfully. "Yah! What took you so long!" 

They were standing outside of the art room after school for another one of their art sessions. Although Taehyung didn't need to teach her anything else since Jisoo was already skilled in art, they still liked to spend their time doing something both of them enjoy. 

"I got a phone call from my mother."

"Is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter