Chapter 22 - Truth part 1

I Need You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jang Min Jun

The name kept repeating over and over in Jisoo's head till she felt as if the world was spinning. She had to hold on to the back of a chair to stop herself from falling over.

Had her father been lying to her? Was he ever going to tell her that he had been in contact with her mother all this while? And to think that she found the letter in the trash can could only meant he was trying to get rid of any evidence! 

The sound of water running from the bathroom stopped. Jisoo quickly took out her cell phone and took a picture of the address written on it just as the bathroom door opened. Her father stood there, shocked to see Jisoo holding the letter he had thrown away.

Jisoo decided to make a run for it, leaving the letter behind. She couldn't deal with her father right then. For all she know, her father would only come up with more lies. 

"Jisoo!" Kim Nam Jil shouted. "Kim Jisoo!"

His voice thundered but Jisoo wouldn't turn back even when her maid tried to call her back as well. She climbed down the stairs rapidly, long forgotten the jacket she was suppose to take from her room. 

"Jisoo! Come back here!" 

Outside, Taehyung's ears perked up, listening to the havoc happening in the house. His protective insticts kicked in when he heard Jisoo's father shouting her name. His legs moved faster than his brain could process and before he knew it, Taehyung was already sprinting to get inside the house.

Jisoo halted when she ran into Taehyung by her front door.

"What's wrong?" Taehyung held her by her shoulders and inspected her whole body to see if she was injured.

"Kim Jisoo!" Kim Nam Jil paused in the middle of the staircase, out of breath. "Come back here."

"For what?" Jisoo spat. "So you could lie to me again?"

Her father continued down the stairs slowly until he reached the bottom. His eyes darted to Taehyung for a brief second. "Listen to me child. Why don't you ask your friend to head back home. Then you and I can have a talk afterwards."

"No!" Jisoo held Taehyung's hand. She was done protecting her father. Done with keeping his dirty secrets! Why should she care about him when he's been keeping her in the dark for God knows how long? "In fact, I'm glad he's here! It's about time he knows how dispicable my father is!"

Kim Nam Jil's eyes widened, knowing exactly what she was talking about. "Think about this carefully. Once Taehyung finds out, he will leave you. Just like all your other friends."

"I used to think so too." Jisoo admitted. Beside her, she could feel Taehyung tightening his grip on her hand. "But not anymore." 

"Jisoo-ah, you don't want to do this." Her father tried to dissuade her again but Jisoo wasn't going to let him manipulate her anymore.

"You once asked why I changed school right?" She turned to Taehyung. "Well the thing is,... I was ra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter