Chapter 29 - Let's talk about us

I Need You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung didn't have any second to lose if he was to stop the meeting between Jisoo's father and his mother. 

After informing the nurse on duty to take care of Hanbyul while he's gone, Taehyung immediately ran out and hailed a cab. Thankfully, it didn't took him long to find one.

The entire journey to Jisoo's home felt so long to him as he kept pressuring the driver to drive faster. His knees bobbed up and down and his hands kept fidgetting, unable to stay still.

Once he arrived outside Jisoo's front gate, he could see Jisoo was just about to open her front door. Taehyung passed the cab driver a note without even bothering to collect the change before dashing out. 

"Stop!" He shouted.

Jisoo had just turned the key and opened her front door  when Taehyung's loud voice startled both her and Taehyung's mother.

"Ommo Taehyung-ah!" Lee Soeun rubbed her chest. "You scared me. Why are you shouting in the middle of the night?"

Ignoring her question, Taehyung grabbed his mother's wrist. "Omma kaja. I'm taking you back to the hospital."

"Wae? Did something happened to Hanbyul?" Lee Soeun panicked.

"Aniya." Taehyung quickly answered, not wanting his mother to get a heart attack. "You said you'll be fine sleeping on the chair right? So thats exactly where we'll going. Come on." He pulled his mother again.

"But Taehyung-ah..." Lee Souen threw Jisoo an embarrassed look as her son tried to drag her away.

Jisoo had to bit her lips to stop them from trembling as she watched the whole scene happening. Was this how much Taehyung hated her father? To the point that he would rather let his sick mother sleep on a chair rather than her home?

"Why won't you give my father a chance?" Jisoo spoke.

Her trembling voice caused Taehyung to pause before he turned around and faced her, meeting Jisoo's steely eyes with his own. "Why didn't you tell me you were bringing my mother here?" 

"Would you have let me if I told you?"

"No."

"There's your answer."

"Taehyung-ah." Lee Souen worriedly looked between her son and Jisoo. "Why are you being like this?" She asked but both Taehyung and Jisoo were too consumed in their anger to notice the older woman.

"I answered your question so now you answer mine." Jisoo said before repeating. "Why won't you give my father a chance?"

"Why should I?" Taehyung walked towards her, releasing his mother's wrist in the process. "He didn't give me a chance."

"What is that suppose to mean? What are you not telling me?"

"I've told you enough but you wouldn't listen."

By then Taehyung was standing right infront of Jisoo but she didn't back away. "I did heard you." She said, remembering how Taehyung called her father a manipulative liar. "But I'm choosing to listen to both side before making my final decision on who to trust. Is that so wrong?"

Taehyung let out a single humourless laugh. "It seems like your father hadn't told you what he did, huh? Does he even know you're bringing my mother here to stay?"

"I do now." Kim Nam Jil answered, standing by the opened front door with his hands behind his back. His maid peering behind him, curiously appraising them all.

Taehyung anxiously watched as Jisoo's father finally noticed the presence of his mother a few feet away. Taehyung took on a defensive posture, just about ready to fight back if the older man even hurt his mother with his words.

"Appa." Jisoo smiled. "This is Taehyung's mother, Lee Souen. They need a place to stay for the time being so I brought them here. You don't mind do you?" She asked confidently but she was feeling the opposite of that. What if her father really did chased them away just as Taehyung had feared? What would she do then?

Taehyung couldn't read the older man's expression. His face was as hard as stone. Taehyung was about to tell them he was leaving with his mother when Kim Nam Jil spoke to his maid.

"Chae Soo-ah. Prepare our guest rooms for them." Jisoo's father then turned to Taehyung's mother and smiled. "Lee Soeun-shi, my name is Kim Nam Jil. Come in, come in. It's very cold outside." 

Jisoo let out the breath she hadn't noticed she was holding the entire time. Nodding her head encouragingly, she hooked her arm with Lee Souen and escorted her into the house.

Taehyung eyes widened. Never would he thought he'll live to see the day Jisoo's father was capable of showing a human's facial expression other than a scowl. But he won't be convinced just yet. This could all be a facade the old man was putting in infront of Jisoo. 

Taehyung narrowed his eyes as he walked passed Kim Nam Jil to get into the house. "Don't think you can fool me." He growled low enough for the ladies not to hear him.

Inside the house, Jisoo amusedly watched as Lee Soeun gasped, taking in the whole interior. 

"Jisoo-ah. Now that i'm inside your house, I feel embarrassed." Taehyung's mother glanced down at her plain attire. "I look out of place."

"Ommanim." Jisoo shook her head. "You're hurting my feelings by saying that. There shouldn't be a dress code in a house so how can you look out of place?"

"Gurae Omma." Taehyung joined them in the living room. "You look beautiful as always so don't ever think you're not as good as this rich people." He said, giving Jisoo's father a hard look.

"Taehyung-ah! Don't say that." Lee Soeun swatted her son's arm. "Behave yourself infront of our host."

Kim Nam Jil chuckled. "It's fine, Lee Soeun-shi. There's nothing wrong with what your son had said." 

Taehyung rolled his eyes at that, making Jisoo swat his other arm in response. 

Just then Jisoo's maid appeared and bowed. "The guest rooms are ready."

"Ne, gomawo Chae Soo-ah." Kim Nam Jil acknowledged. "Please show our guests to their rooms."

"Rooms?" Lee Soeun repeated. "My son and I can share one room, Kim Nam Jil-shi. You don't have to trouble yourself and give us two rooms."

"There is no trouble at all. Unfortunately, my family is rather..." Jisoo's father struggled to find the word. "...small. So there are plenty of empty rooms to be put into use."

"Kamsahamida. I don't know how I could repay you." Lee Soeun bowed her head. "You and your daughter had helped my family so much. My son must have done something right to be lucky enough to meet Jisoo."

"You don't have to thank me. My daug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter