Chapter 15 - Will you let me in?

I Need You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

While the rest were having desserts, Jisoo excused herself. Said she needed to freshen herself up but instead, she stepped outside her front door to get some fresh air.

Jisoo rubbed her palms against her upper arms to keep herself warm, her dress billowing around her legs from the cold night wind. Clouds of condensation coming out from as she exhale. "Can tomorrow come any faster?"

That was what kept her going. The thought that tomorrow would be a better day and that if she behaved herself tonight, her father won't make a big fuss about her going out tomorrow.

"I knew you would be here."

Jisoo turned her head. Suho came out the door with a thick blanket in hand. He placed it over her shoulders and stood beside her.

"You might catch a cold if you stand here too long in just a dress."

Jisoo tightened the blanket around her. "Gomawo Suho-ah." She said before turning back to stare at her front lawn absent-mindedly.

"Don't think too much about what my mother said." Suho added, assumimg that was what troubled her. "We still have a few more years ahead of us."

Suddenly a few years doesn't seem long enough where as tomorrow felt too long to wait.

"Suho-ah."

"Hmm?" He gave her a questioning look.

"Have you ever thought of..." Jisoo bit her lips, not knowing how to phrase her question. "...going against your parents?"

"Ani."

Jisoo wasn't satisfied with his short answer. "So you're okay with everything our parents did last year? And everything they've got planned for us?"

From the corners of her eyes, she could see Suho tensed up.

"Of course i'm not okay." His voice agitated. "I like him too you know! He was a good guy and what they did to him was...regretable."

Jisoo laughed bitterly. Regretable was an understatement.

"And that is why, whenever you're ready, i'll follow you to meet him. You still have his address i've given you right?"

She nodded.

"And whatever it is our parents got planned for us." Suho continued. "I'm sure they know what's best."

This time Jisoo turned to him, not caring that the blanket had fallen off her shoulders. She knew her alone might not have the power to change things but what if there were two of them? She had to atleast try. "What if the best isn't what we want?"

Suho looked her square in the eye, his face dead serious before he said, "Who said it's not what I want?"

-------------------

Taehyung bounced on the balls of his feet, unable to keep himself composed as he waited near a bike rental shop along the Han River - the place they had agreed to meet. What happened with his father yesterday was still fresh in his mind but he was determined not to let it ruin this day.

He glanced at his watch. 6.17pm. Jisoo still had 13 minutes to reach there.

"Calm down Taehyung-ah." He muttered to himself. "Its not like she stood you up. You're just early."

Why did he even came so early? What would she think of him if she knew he was this eager? But aren't the guys suppose to arrive first? Taehyung doesn't know what he was doing. He hadn't been out with a girl since...ever.

Then he saw her. Although the sky was getting darker by the second, Jisoo still managed to stand out as if she was glowing. Her eyes roaming around, trying to spot him among the crowd. And when she did, she smiled. She waved her hand as she approched him.

"Taehyung-ah!" She greeted. "Have you waited long?"

"Aniya. I just arrived too." He said quickly. Truth was, he had been there since 5.45pm. "Let's go before the sky gets too dark."

"Sure. It is far from here?"

"About 15 minutes walk." Taehyung said, adjusting the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter