Chapter 24 - Truth part 2

I Need You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Omma, you really gave us all a fright." Taehyung clasped Lee Soeun hand as he took a seat next to her hospital bed.

"I'm fine. You were just overreacting." Taehyung's mother looked around the room. "Where's Jisoo and Hanbyul?"

"They're waiting outside. Do you want me to call them?"

"Aniya. Call them after the doctor comes here."

As if on cue, a middle-aged man with a white coat walked in with a clip board in hand. "Good evening. I'm Doctor Jung." He extended his hand to Taehyung.

"I'm Kim Taehyung. Her son." Taehyung shook his hand. "Jung seonsaeng-nim, is there anything wrong with my mother?"

He took a look at his clipboard. "It seems that your mother had a concussion. Have you been experiencing headaches lately? Or had an accident recently?" He asked Lee Soeun.

Taehyung noticed his mother made it a point to avoid his eyes as she answered the doctor.

"I did experienced some headaches the past few days. But no accidents."

"No accidents?" The doctor furrowed his eyebrows. "Did you perhaps injured your head in any form? For example, bumped your head onto something or even fell--"

"Yes!" Lee Soeun laughed nervously. "I just remembered. I did fell and hit my head on the floor."

"I see." The doctor sounded unconvinced and the worried glance he threw in Taehyung's direction confirmed it. "Luckily it's nothing serious but you should avoid doing any hard labour for the time being. I will prescribe you some medications and you will be able to head home by tomorrow."

"Kamsahamida seonsaengnim." Taehyung bowed before the doctor left. Once they're alone, Taehyung glared at his mother. "Seriously Omma? You fell?"

Lee Soeun pushed herself into a sitting position on her bed. "I'm getting older and my legs are not as strong anymore."

"You might get away with lying to the doctor but not me." When his mother didn't respond, he continued. "You've been having those headaches since that day, didn't you? The day Appa hit you on the head." He had noticed the bruise on his mother's temple but he didn't want to comment on it infront of Jisoo.

Lee Soeun sighed. "Taehyu--"

"I'm going to kill him." Taehyung abruptly stood up from his seat and marched towards the door.

"Kim Taehyung stop!" 

"Why?" He swivelled around, his face scrunched up in anger. "This time it may just be a concussion. But what about next time? Do I have to wait for you to die in his hands for me to finally stop him?"

"Your Appa won't kill me."

"He tried to hit a seven year old child just now! If he had actually hit Hanbyul, I would have already kill him right then." Taehyung growled. "I know you love him but you have got to stop protecting him!"

"Will you ever stop protecting Jisoo?"

"What? No!" Taehyung impatiently responded. "Stop comparing your relationship with mine. It's not the same. The difference being, he doesn't lo--" He stopped himself, unable to let the words that would crush his mother's heart out. But he didn't need to continue because his mother knew exactly what he was about to say.

"He doesn't love me." Her voice sounded defeated, her eyes vacant as she stared out the window next to her bed.

Taehyung approached his mother and wrapped his arms around her. "Us." He corrected, wanting to let her know it wasn't her fault. "He doesn't love us."

"Mianhe Taehyung-ah." The older woman's frail body shook as she cried. "Omma have hurt you, right? I should have taken your side all those times before." 

"Shhh." Taehyung carrased his mother's hair. "Gwenchanha. It's all in the past. It's not too late to change things."

"What are we going to do?" She pushed herself from Taehyung's arms to look at him. "He will come back sooner or later."

"For starters, we could change the lock."

Lee Soeun frowned. "He'll only break the door."

"Then we move." Taehyung shrugged nonchalently, knowing that handing his father to the police would be his mother's last choice.

"Its not that simple. Where are we going to move? With what money?"

Taehyung gave her a small smile and motioned for her to lie back down. "Let me take care of it."

"But--"

"You should stop worrying and rest for now."

"Gurae." She agreed but her forehead still creased. "Take Hanbyul and Jisoo home. It's already late."

"Arrasso." Taehyung kissed his mother's forehead, hoping it would smoothen her worry lines as well. "I'll come fetch you tomorrow. Goodnight, Omma."

Once Taehyung went out of the ward, Jisoo and Hanbyul stood up from their seats.

"Is Ommanim alright?" Jisoo asked, trying to gauge the seriousness of the matter through Taehyung's face.

"She's fine." He tried to smile to ease her worries. "She just needs some rest. We all should head back home."

"But I want to see Omma!" Hanbyul pulled on the hem of Taehyung's shirt.

Seeing Hanbyul's little lips quivered made Taehyung resigned to her request. "Gurae. But only for ten minutes okay? Omma needs to sleep and so do you."

"Ne!" Hanbyul nodded her head before running into her mother's ward.

Taehyung leaned against the wall and sighed. The tiredness from the day's events finally kicking in. 

"You okay?" Jis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter