Chapter 7 - Empty park bench

I Need You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Go to the second floor of the arts building then take two lefts and a right. You will see a blue door. Thats the room where the art works are showcased."

Jisoo recalled the directions Jennie had given her earlier. "Blue door, blue door." Jisoo looked around the hallway. "Ah there it is."

Pushing open a set of double doors, Jisoo found herself in a white room. Hung on the walls were various paintings, drawings and sketches that were skillfully done. She couldn't fathom the fact that they were done by students. She would believe it if someone were to tell her they were works from professional artists.

Jisoo took her time around the vast room. Admiring each and every canvas hung, taking note of all the artistic details she could pick up on. The colour choice, brush , shading techniques and so on. The room was like a safe haven for her, to be surrounded with what she loves. No demanding fathers to frown upon her. She let herself forget about her problems for a while, immersing herself in the world of art.

A painting of a park bench infront of a river caught her attention next. The background coloured dark blue, showing the beauty of a young night. Little dots of yellow on the river representing the reflected lights from a bridge. 

"Jinja yeppeo." Jisoo said in awe.

She wondered what might be going through the artist's mind when painting it. From what she could feel just by looking at it, she could see loneliness. The empty park bench tells her that much. 

"Are you sure you're a business student?" A low voice sounded from behind her.

Eventhough Jisoo had only one conversation with him before this, she could still recognised Taehyung's voice immediately. No other voice could sound so husky yet smooth at the same time. 

Taehyung stood behind her, leaning against the double doors with his arms crossed. He was on the way out when he noticed the door to the art showcase slightly ajar. Curious as to who had stayed behind after school hours, he peered inside and saw Jisoo looking at one of his paintings.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter