Chapter 4 - Mother

I Need You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thanks Uncle Daejung. See you tomorrow!" Jisoo smiled as she got off the car and entered her house. Her house was a three-storied mansion with a wide garden at the back. Despite the size, there were only four people living in it. Her father, a maid, a cook and herself.

Jisoo's parents divorced when she was just ten years old. Her mother didn't even say goodbye or see her for the last time. She believes her father wouldn't let her see Jisoo. That was the only explaination possible. One day she woke up and her mother was...gone. Jisoo had wished her mother had came to her that night. Then maybe she actually had a choice whether to stay with her father or not.

She had intended to quietly retreat back to her room when her maid, Aunty Chae Soo, intercepted.

"Ahjumma!" Jisoo gasped. "You scared me!"

Aunty Chae Soo laughed. "Sorry Jisoo-shi. But your father told me to tell you he wants to see you once you return from school."

Jisoo internally groaned. "Arasso. I'll go see him. Thanks Ahjumma."

Jisoo dragged her feet up the stairs, trying to stall as much time before she had to face her father. Knocking on his home office door twice and then opening, Jisoo peered inside. "You wanted to see me, Appa?"

Jisoo's father was sitting on his chair, several documents spread out on the desk in front of him. A pair of glasses perched on his nose."Yes. Come in." Kim Nam Jil said tersely, not taking his eyes off the documents he's holding. 

Jisoo walked towards the desk, her hands clasped together infront of her. "Have you eaten, Appa?" She asked, noticing the tired look on her father's face. 

"Thats not important." He responded, brushing her question aside. Kim Nam Jil put down his documents and finally looked at his daughter. "Did anyone asked why you abruptly changed school today?" He asked. "You know you can't tell anyone about it right? It will affect our family's business reputation."

As usual their conversations were always about business. Jisoo can't remember the last time she had a nice decent warm conversation with her father.

"No one asked." Jisoo replied. Truth was, no one asked because she didn't allow herself to make any friends close enough to ask such questions. "And I never said anything to anyone."

"Good." He nodded, picking up his documents again. "And i've made arrangements for Suho to come over and tutor you tonight." Her father said matter-of-factly.

"Wh-what?" Jisoo gaped. "After everything that happened last year, he still wants to see us?"

"Well, what the public doesn't know won't hurt our's or his family's business." Kim Nam Jil smirked. "Besides, surprisingly he has a lot of affections towards you. Finally you've done something right for once, Jisoo."

Jisoo bit the inside of her cheeks, swallowing the hurt she felt from her father's words. "If there's nothing else, i'll be in my room, Appa." 

Closing her father's door, Jisoo ran to her room and burried herself under her pillows to scream her heart out. When she finally decided she needed to breathe, she lifted her head and saw the framed picture of her mother and her ten year old self on her nightstand. That was the last photograph she had of her. She was sitting on her mother's lap with a big smile on her face. 

Picking it up, Jisoo carassed the glass frame tenderly. Waves after waves of emotions taking over her. "Omma, where are you?" She whispered, tears staining her cheeks. "Bogoshipda."

-------------

Exitting his classroom, Taehyung remembered hearing his phone beeped during class. Taking it out from his pocket, he opened the message. It was from his next door neighbour, Suelgi.

 

~Taehyung-shi, i've picked up Hanbyul from school and sent her home safel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter