Chapter 21 - Jang Min Jun

I Need You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung walked home after work with his footsteps feeling light. Feeling the weight of  his pay in his pocket, he couldn't wait to give it to his mother. 

The last time he had wanted to do that, he ran into his father and had to compensate the owners of the restaurant he caused trouble at. 

But now he would finally be able to see the smile on his mother's face once he gave her his money.

Taehyung had just reached his neighbourhood when a figure caught his attention. It was a man in a black suit, walking towards his apartment complex. Taehyung squinted his eyes and tried to remember where he had seen this guy from. When the man turned his head to the side, Taehyung could see the tattoos on his neck and he instantly knew who it was. Jil Woo was his name, if Taehyung had remembered correctly. The leader of the gang. 

Taehyung cursed under his breath as he ran up to the man, stopping him from entering the apartment complex. He didn't want his mother to see Jil Woo. She had not been well the past few days and if she were to see Jil Woo again, it might make her condition worst. 

"Jjangkkaman!" Taehyung called, making Jil Woo to stop and turn to him.

His furrowed eyebrows lifted once he recognised Taehyung. "You. The kid who broke my nose." Jil Woo growled.

Taehyung had to surpressed a smirk, remembering the loud crack his nose had made once Taehyung's fist landed on Jil Woo's face. "I know you're here to collect the monthly payment but you don't have to meet my mother." Taehyung reached into his pocket. "I have it w---"

"What are you talking about? I'm not here for you. The debt had been paid."

Taehyung's hand froze in his pocket. "For this month?"

"No." Jil Woo gave him a weird look. "The whole damn amount."

"When?" 

"Three days ago."

"But thats..." Taehyung shook his head. There was no way his mother could come up with that huge amount of money in such a short period of time. "That's not possible. Who paid for it?"

"Your pretty neighbour." Jil Woo sighed impatiently. "I don't have time to answer anymore questions kid. I got other debts to collect." He said, before leaving him. 

Taehyung felt confused more than ever. His neighbour had paid for them? Seulgi? Why would she do that? He climbed up the stairs to his apartment complex and knocked on Seulgi's door. 

"Taehyung-ah. Is there something you need?" She asked, pleasently surprised.

"Did you pay for my father's debt?" He cut to the chase, wanting to get to the bottom of this as fast as possible.

Seulgi's forehead creased. "What debt?" 

That was all Taehyung needed to know. "Aniya. Sorry for disturbing you." He bowed before entering his own house. 

Taehyung paced his living room, wondering who this mysterious neighbour was. The only neighbour of his Jil Woo had seen was Seulgi. There weren't anyone else there except for...

"Damn it!" Taehyung took out his cell phone, suddenly remembering the events that occured that night. Or in particular someone who had claimed to be his neighbour just to save him. He dialled in the number he had memorised by heart and waited for the other line to get through. Once it went through, he ran out of his apartment door. 

"Jisoo-ah, we need to talk."

------------------------------------------

 

Jisoo was on pins and needles as she waited on her bed for Taehyung. 

We need to talk.

A sentence no one wants to hear from their significant other. Is he really breaking up with her? She hugged her pillow tightly against her chest, hoping it would help calm the rapid beating of her heart. 

Beep Beep

Her phone screen lighted up with an incoming text.

~ I'm ouside. -Taehyung. Sent at 4.47pm.~

Jisoo took a deep calming breath. "Aniya Jisoo-ah. You didn't do anything wrong. He has no reason to break up with you." She muttered to herself as she climbed down the stairs and out her front door silently. She had to be extra cautious because her father had stayed at home for work that day. She would have asked Taehyung to meet else where but he had hung up before she could suggest otherwise.

Taehyung was waiting outside with his hand in his pocket, his expression no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter