Chapter 17 - Perfect

I Need You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why exactly did you changed school?"

It was a question Taehyung had been curious about for a while but haven't had the opportunity to ask until now. Jisoo doesn't look like the type of person to be "kicked out" of a school.

Jisoo looked away, suddenly finding her fingernails so interesting to look at. "There was...uh...an accident." She didn't want to lie. How could she break a promise that she just made seconds ago? So instead, she decided to dance around the truth. "There was a conflict with a teacher of mine and my father thought it'll be best for me to leave."

"Did you wanted to leave?"

Jisoo brushed back her fringe as she let out a deep sigh. "Of course not. I had to repeat a year."

Taehyung frowned. "I'm not asking you to disobey your father or anything but maybe, for once, you should do something for yourself. Do what you want and not what he wants."

"That sounds really nice." She smiled to herself just thinking about it. "But i have to give my father some credit." Jisoo thought about her so called friends in her previous school who backstabbed her.  "Changing schools was something inevitable. There was nothing left for me back in Hanyang University."

Taehyung nodded. "I have to give your father some credit too then."

"For?"

He shrugged. "If he hadn't made you change schools, i wouldn't have met you."

Taehyung felt so embarrassed, he wanted to throw himself off the bridge they were currently taking shelter at after saying that. Without thinking, he had said his inner thoughts out loud. Now he was afraid Jisoo would call him weird and run the other way. He had never thought he was capable of being so sappy and cheesy. Jisoo really did bring out the side of him he had buried deep.

Jisoo raised her eyebrows, not expecting to hear that from Taehyung.

But she liked it.

It made her feel warm and fuzzy inside. When she finally smiled, she could see him visibly relaxed.

"I'm glad I met you too, Taehyung-ah."

Words cannot describe how relieved he felt at that moment. "Jisoo-ah, I---"

The sound of Jisoo's phone ringing cut him off.

"Jjangkkaman, Taehyung-ah." Jisoo said. She stood up and walked a few steps away to answer her call.

"Where are you?" Her father's stern voice came through the phone.

"Appa...I-i already informed you i'll be going out tonight."

"I know." He said, still sounding upset. "Although i dont remember saying that I'll allow you to."

Jisoo took a calming breath. "I'm twenty years old, Appa."

"But i'm still your father and you should obey me."

Funny how Jisoo could not remember the last time he became a father to her. "But..." Jisoo sighed, not wanting to elongate their conversation that would only go south. "Mianhe, Appa. I'll be home soon."

"Prepare a blue dress when you get home."

"What?"

"A colleague of mine is having a wedding this weekend and i want you to look presentable."

"Why does it have to be blue?"

"Suho's mother wants you to match with her son. She wanted to...officially introduce you and Suho to all our business associates there."

Jisoo narrowed her eyes. She knew what her father was trying to say. They wanted to introduce them as a couple.

The future generation of Kim Enterprise

"What is this? Prom?" Jisoo asked incredulously.

"Watch your attitude, Jisoo." Her father warned. "Do as I say."

Jisoo was beyond frustrated when her father ended the call before she could say anything else. She paced the length of the cement floor back and forth, hoping it would help keep her calm.

"Do as i say?" Jisoo spat out the words as she repeated what her father had said. The nerve of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter