Chapter 36 - The end

I Need You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Taehyung Oppa. Hanbyul is hungry. Can I eat kimbap?" Hanbyul asked groggily, her eyes still half closed.

"Hanbyul-ah!" Taehyung was by his sister's side in an instant. He took her tiny hand in his and kissed it. "I'm so glad you're awake."

Jisoo covered to silent her gasp. Relief flooded her. "I'll go and call Ommanim." She said before leaving the room to give Taehyung some privacy.

"Omma? Where's Omma?" Hanbyul mewled.

"She's coming." Taehyung answered, carrasing Hanbyul's chubby cheek. "She'll be so happy to see you."

Hanbyul tried to move but flinched when arm was unable to support her weight. "My arm hurts!" She cried, cluthing her bandaged arm.

Taehyung helped her lay back down. "Don't move yet Hanbyul."

Hanbyul's face tranformed from pained to fearful as if she suddenly remembered what had happened to her. "Appa...Appa...he..." Her lower lip trembled as her good arm clutched Taehyung's arm tightly. "He hurt Omma and then he hurt Hanbyul!"

"Shhhh." Taehyung cooed, sitting on her bed and wrapping her in his arms. "You don't have to be afraid. Appa cannot hurt us anymore."

Hanbyul buried her face in Taehyung's chest. "Appa don't love us. Appa is bad." She cried, her tears soaking Taehyung's shirt.

It was heart-rending for Taehyung to see Hanbyul like this. In a way, it reminded him of how Jisoo was when she thought her father hated her back then. That only intensifies his sorrow even more. All Taehyung could do was rock his sister back and forth to calm her down. There was nothing he could say to make it better. The poor girl had experienced first hand what a monster her father is. No lie could cover that bitter memory up. 

"Mianhe Hanbyul-ah. Oppa jinjja mianhe."

"Ani. Its not Oppa's fault!" Hanbyul sniffed, her head looking up at her brother. "But please don't let Appa come close to Hanbyul again." She lifted her good arm and stuck out her pinky finger.

Taehyung gave her a small smile as he hooked his pinky around Hanbyul's tiny one. "I promise I won't let that happen again."

Just then, Jisoo knocked on the door. "Ommanim is on the way." She said, walking into the room before she lifted up a black plastic bag that Taehyung hadn't noticed before. "And I bought Kimbap!"

"Jinjja?" Hanbyul's sad eyes instantly lit up as she took the bag from Jisoo. "Wah! Jisoo Unni jjang!"

Jisoo sat on the edge of Hanbyul's bed and wiped the remnents of Hanbyul's tears from earlier on. "Of course I am. I am your Oppa's girlfriend after all." Jisoo said smugly, winking at Taehyung who had been staring at her.

Taehyung was actually thinking to himself about how lucky he is to call Jisoo his girlfriend. From calling his mother to buying Hanbyul's food, she knew exactly what to do whenever the situation arises. If was as if she was already part of the family. Not literally but someday maybe it will become a reality...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been five days since Hanbyul had woken up. Jisoo and Taehyung were at Jisoo's house after Taehyung's mother reached the hospital to take care of Hanbyul next. That was their routine for the past five days. Each taking turns to be at the hospital while the other rest up. Although Taehyung's father had been locked up and his house was safe to go back to, Jisoo's father had insisted Taehyung stay over at their house since his mother won't be at home, or even if she was, would probably be too tired to cook for him. 

Atleast thats what Jisoo's father told her. Jisoo thinks its really because her father was starting to love Taehyung like a son. The other day she caught them so engrossed in a conversation as they talked about photography that they didn't even notice Jisoo entering the room. 

Who would have thought her serious father was actually in the photography club back when he was in collage?

Jisoo smiled to herself, finding the whole thing amusing. It seems like her father was a new man. There were so many things she has yet to learn about him during his younger days. Perhaps now that they worked past their conflicts, he would tell her all about it and maybe even let her hold a paintbrush again.

The thought of being able to paint without hiding behind her father's back thrilled her and she immediately felt the urge to do just that. Her hand reached out to the paintbrushes and a small canvas underneath her bed and stalked towards the guestroom, intending to ask Taehyung to join her.

"Taehyung?" Jisoo knocked on the door but he didn't answer. "Taehyung-ah." She tried again but was still left unresponded. "Is he sleeping?" Jisoo frowned, turning the doorknob and opening the door slowly. The bed was empty except for Taehyung's handphone laying on a pillow. Jisoo walked in further but found the balcony empty too. "I guess he's in the shower." She said, only just realising that she could hear the faint sound of running water coming from the adjoining bathroom. Intending to come back later, Jisoo was about to turn around when the water suddenly stop and the door to the bathroom opened. 

Taehyung walked out from the bathroom wearing nothing but a towel hanging loosely around his hip. Jisoo knew she should have turned away but she couldn't keep her eyes off him as they trailed from his damp hair, to his surprised facial expression, to his toned chest and all the way to his bare feet. His tanned skin glistened from the water droplets he had yet to wipe off from the shower.

Taehyung eyes widened to see Jisoo standing by his door with paintbrushes and a canvas in hand. He would have thought Jisoo would had blushed and ran away seeing him in this undressed state but the girl was blatantly checking him out. A smirked formed on his lips. Nice to know she still fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter