Chapter 31 - See you again

I Need You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung slipped in his coins into the vending machine and waited for his can of coffee to be dispensed. The sound of the vending machine buzzing was the only sound that filled the otherwise silent hallway of the hospital. 

He checked the time on his phone as he sipped his coffee. 5.52 am. Its been hours since the surgery and Hanbyul still hasn't woken up yet.

Sighing, Taehyung leaned against the wall and closed his eyes, letting the caffeine do its work or else he might just fall down from exhaustion.

Amidst the buzzing sound,  echoing footsteps invaded his senses as if someone was approaching him. Opening his eyes, his heart rate spiked upon seeing his visitor. The can of coffee in his hand dropped, causing a puddle of dark liquid to cover the floor.

"What's wrong Taehyung-ah?" The visitor mocked him. "Surprised to see me here?"

Taehyung clenched his trembling fist. "Appa."

"Where's Hanbyul?" His father smirked. "I came to see my little child."

"No." Taehyung growled. "You lost the right to call her that years ago." He pushed himself off against the wall and marched towards his father. "Get lost. I can't believe you have the nerve to even show up here after all you've done."

"What i've done?" Kim Jae Guen guffawed. "Don't you mean what you've done?" The older man walked around him as if he was a predator taunting his prey. "Where were you when they needed you the most? Don't tell me you were out with your precious girlfriend. What was her name again?"

Taehyung grip his father's collar and pinned him against the wall roughly. "Don't." His voice ragged as he tried to keep his emotions in check. He knew his father was trying to make him feel guilty and he can't let that get to him. "Don't put the blame on anyone but yourself! You were the one who've hurt Omma and Hanbyul. You. You alone did that!" His grip on his father's collar thightened but he couldn't care less if his father choked at that point. "The only reason you're still standing here is because of Omma. That woman loves you too much that she wouldn't even the call the police on you! But yet you cast her aside!"

"Then kill me instead."

"Wh-what?" Teahyung's fingers loosened around his father's neck. 

"Kill me. Go on!" Kim Jae Guen egged on his son. "You know you want to. So do it. End everyone's misery."

"You don't know what you're saying." Taehyung punched his father on his jaw with a loud smack before walking away. "Don't show your face ever again." He growled from over his shoulder.

The sound of his father's mocking laughter rattled him. "My poor son Taehyung. I always knew you were weak." 

Taehyung ignored him and continued walking but the hallway seemed to be never ending no matter how fast he quicken

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter