Chapter 10 - White lies

I Need You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung landed on his back, breaking Jisoo's fall. Her hands gripping the lapels of his jacket with her head pressed against his chest.

Jisoo lifted her head, meeting Taehyung's concerned gaze. Being this close to him, she could see just how long his eyelashes were and how brown his eyes really were as he looked at her.

"You okay?" Taehyung asked softly, resisting the urge to tuck Jisoo's hair behind her ears. From their close proximity, he could smell her vanilla scented perfume that he slowly couldn't get enough of.

"Me?" Jisoo gasped, not believing how selfless Taehyung was being right then. How could he ask her that when he's the one with the bruise on his jaw. "I should be asking you that! You almost lost your fingers!"

"I'm fine. Still got all ten of them." He lifted one hand that was still holding Jisoo's back and showed it to her to prove his point.

Jisoo shook her head, laughing incredulously. "You're crazy, Taehyung-shi."

"Me?" He mimicked Jisoo. "You're the one who went out of their way and entered a house filled with gangsters. Normal people would run the other way." Taehyung teased, laughing along with her.

Her laugh was so pleasent to Taehyung's ears that he was distracted enough to not realise he had actually went ahead and tucked the stray hair that had fallen over Jisoo's eyes.

Jisoo froze, feeling her heartbeat raced. She searched his eyes, afraid to see if he could feel her rapid heartbeat since they were pressed against each other so closely.

But the truth was, he couldn't. Becaue his heartbeat was beating just as fast.

Just then, someone cleared their throat. Both Jisoo and Taehyung snapped out from their reverie and turned to look at the person standing over them.

Seulgi was rubbing her arms, looking at the two of them awkwardly. "You two alright?"

Jisoo immediately pushed herself up, feeling herself blushed. "I am."

With the intimate moment over, Taehyung could suddenly feel the throbbing pain on his rib cage again. Weird how he couldn't feel anything when Jisoo was on top of him.

Seeing Taehyung's face scruched up in a grimace, Jisoo helped him up from the floor, leading him to the sofa. "But i don't think he is."

"I'll grab the first aid kit from my house!" Seugi said, running out the door. "Be right back!"

"Taehyung-ah!" Lee Souen rushed to his side, grabbing onto her son's shoulders. "We need to call your Appa! Tell him to not come home yet because the police are here. They will surely investigate him if they see him!"

Taehyung face fell, disappointed at how his father was his mother's first concern instead of her son's wellbeing.

"Actually the police aren't here." Jisoo said, earning her two confused looks from Taehyung and his mother.

"But-but we all heard the siren." Lee Soeun furrowed her eyebrows.

"That was my driver." Jisoo explained. "Before coming in here, I called my driver. I told him that if i didn't call him back in ten minutes, he should drive around the block and play any siren soundtrack from our car speakers. It was actually an ambulance siren but I guess the three men couldn't tell the difference when they're panicking." She shrugged.

Taehyung looked at Jisoo in awe. She knew there must have been a reason he hadn't called the police right after the call he received from his mother. But she still managed to come up with a plan smart enough to have the same effect.

A look of relief crossed Taehyung' mother's features. "Oh thank God!" Her tensed shoulders finally deflating. "Thank you Miss..?"

Jisoo smiled. "Jisoo."

"Thank you Jisoo-shi." Lee Soeun repeated.

"Omma." Hanbyul wobbled over to them. "Is it over? Are the bad men gone?"

"Ne." Lee Soeun gave her daughter a hug. "Uri Hanbyul must have been shocked."

Jisoo hadn't even realised there was a child in the hous

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter