Chapter 5 - Don't hurt yourself

I Need You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A knock on her door awoken Jisoo from her nap. Jisoo rubbed her eyes as she sat up. She must have cried herself to sleep after seeing her mother's picture.

"Jisoo-shi," her maid called through her bedroom door. "Suho-shi is downstairs."

Jisoo glanced at her wall clock. 7.36pm. "Ne, Ahjumma. Tell him i'll be down in a minute."

After splashing her face with cold water, making sure there weren't any traces of her mental breakdown earlier on, Jisoo made her way to her study room. Suho was already there, taking out his textbooks.

Suho was Jisoo's classmate back in Hanyang University, the school she dropped out of last year. He was there when the accident happened, which made Jisoo even more baffled on why he would still be willing to be associated with her family.

"Jisoo-ah!" Suho smiled. "Why are you still standing there? Come in!"

"Ne, ne." Jisoo nodded and sat down on one of the chairs, feeling as if she was the guest in her own house.

"We have not seen each other since the.." He trailed off as he took a seat opposite of her. "How have you been?" 

"I've been better." She said truthfully, shrugging her shoulders. 

"How's your new school?"

"Normal."

"That's good." Suho nodded slowly, trying to find something else to say.

"How's your school?" Jisoo broke the silence.

Suho's face brightened at her question. "School's great! Although it would have been better if you were still there. Jisoo-ah, you know that I--"

"You know thats not what I meant." Jisoo said, taking a pen from the table and twirling it between her fingers. She was trying to appear calm but inside she was anxious as hell to know the situation at her previous school right now. "What happened since the accident happened, Suho?"

Suho sighed, knowing Jisoo was going to bring up this topic sooner or later. He wiped the sweat from his palms on his jeans before answering. "The police came by the school a few times to investigate." 

"And what happened to.."Jisoo's gaze shifted from Suho's eyes to the pen she was holding. "...him?"

Suho took a deep breath in. "He was fired."

The pen dropped from her hands and fell to the floor. "Where is he now?"

"I don't know."

"Can you find out?"

"Jisoo-ah, i don't think that is a good idea. Your father won't--"

"We'll keep this from my father."

"But I--"

"Please." Jisoo cut him off, placing her hand over his to show her desperation. "Please find him for me. I need to see him."

Looking at her hand over his, Suho conceded after a moment of contemplating. "Arraso. I'll text you his address once i find out where he is."

"Thank you Suho-ah." Jisoo beamed, feeling a small amount of  weight on her shoulder being lifted. 

------------

Taehyung was in class when his phone started vibrating from an incoming call. He checked the caller ID from underneath his table and panic took over him when his mother's name flashed on his screen. His mother only calls him during school hours if theres an emergency. And emergency only meant one thing. His father had caused trouble again. 

Excusing himself from class, Taehyung went outside and answered his phone. 

"Omma, whats wrong?" Taehyung asked. 

"Taehyung-ah, have you seen your Appa's old black shoes? He's looking for it." Her mother's troubled voice came through the phone.

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows and checked his wrist watch. "Omma, why are you still at home? You should be at work by now."

"I already called my manager and told her i'll be late. Your Appa needs m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter