Chapter 11 - Take a chance

I Need You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Fine! Let me see for myself if its just mild bruising!" Jisoo huffed. "Take off your shirt."

"Wha-what?" Taehyung sputtered, criss-crossing his arms over his body protectively. 

"Take of your shirt." Jisoo reapeated, shrugging her shoulders nonchalently. She didn't really expect Taehyung to do as she said. She just needed a tactic to lure him to the hospital.

Taehyung looked at the girl standing infront of him, astonished at how casually she could just asked him to take off his shirt while he was drowning in embarrassement . "Shiro! How could I do that infront of you?" 

"You don't want me to see your injuries?" Jisoo jabbed her thumb towards the front door. "Then let the doctors see them."

"I'm not going." Taehyung shook his head, walking deeper into his apartment and into his room. He thought it was a clear indicator of dismissing the matter but to his surprise, Jisoo followed him although she remained only by his bedroom door. 

"Taehyung-shi!" She frowned.

"Jisoo-shi!" He teased, mimicking her frustrated tone as he sat down gently on the edge of his bed. 

"Are you perhaps..." Jisoo narrowed her eyes, the corner of her lips curving upwards. "...afraid of doctors?"

Taehyung snorted. More like afraid of seeing the numbers on the hospital bills. "Aniya."

"So whats so wrong about going to the hospital? I don't understa--"

"And you will never understand." Taehyung sighed, looking at the confused Jisoo with tired eyes. She doesn't have to tell him but anyone could tell Jisoo was from a rich family. Which normal student has a personal driver? 

Jisoo took a step further into his room tentatively, not fully knowing what she was doing in the room of a guy she barely knew. But the need to reach out to him was just so strong. There was just so much sorrow in his words. "Then explain it to me." She said softly. 

Taehyung eyes roamed her face, noting how serious she was. But why? Why was the girl he barely knew so concerned about him? "Why do you care?" He voiced out his thoughts.

"Why shouldn't I?" She took another step closer.

"You don't owe me anything." Taehyung shook his head, recalling the few encounters they had previously. "In fact, you don't even know me well enough to care."

"Then let me know you." She said, now standing infront of him. 

So many thoughts ran through Taehyung's head. Should he let his guards down for her? Would she looked down on him after knowing his background? Does she pity him?

Is that why she was here?

That particular thought annoyed him. He doesn't need anyone's sympathy. Taehyung stayed silent for a moment before he finally s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter