Chapter 16 - Two peas in a pod

I Need You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Will you let me in?"

For heavy seconds Jisoo didn’t move, didn’t speak—then finally she let out her breath in a rush as she tried to pull her hands away from Taehyung's larger ones. "I..I don't know where to begin."

Taehyung tightened his grip on her slightly, not wanting Jisoo to close up on him again. "From the begining. I want to know everything there is to know about Kim Jisoo. Tell me your favorite colour, your pet's name or even about your family."

"Well..." Jisoo looked down on their intertwined hands. "I like purple. I don't have a pet but I love dogs and as for my family..." She frowned. "They're not as perfect as everyone would think."

Taehyung remembered the night he had insulted Jisoo. Most importantly the fact that he had specifically assumed her life was perfect. Seeing how much that had bothered her, Taehyung would do anything to take back what he said.

"Mianhe."

Jisoo tilted her head in confusion. "Wae?"

"For assuming you had an easy life."

Jisoo shook her head, casting her eyes downwards. "Ani, I shouldn't be complaining." She felt embarrassed. How could she talk about her family issues when she knew Taehyung was suffering even more?

"Why not?"

"Because it will be selfish of me. You would think that my family problems are ridiculous compared to yours."

"Jisoo-ah." Taehyung said incredulously. "I would never ever think that way."

Jisoo searched his eyes for confirmation. "Jinjja?"

"I promise." He placed a hand over his heart.

Jisoo doesn't know why but she trusted him when he said that. She pulled Taehyung's hand that was still holding hers and made them sit on the floor. Their legs stretched out before them as they face the still heavy pouring rain beyond their shelter.

"My father is a very closed-off type of guy." She began. "He's not the kind of father that would shower me with gifts as many might think so either. He's cold, strict and blunt."

Taehyung silently listened. As he gazed at her, something skated across her eyes, something that told him that Jisoo's father wasn't always like that.

"I don't even remember the last time we had a good talk." Jisoo continued. "Everytime i see him, he's either complaining or scolding me about something. I tried so hard to get his approval. I did everything he asked me to do. I gave up art, i became a business major and even changed school because of him but he still wouldn't accept me. Its like in his eyes, i'm his biggest disappointment." Her voice cracked as she tried to hold in her emotions.

"What about your..." Taehyung cleared his throat, regretting instantly the thought of asking the question as soon as it left his mouth.

"My mother?" A sad smile played on her lips. She knew this topic was bound to come out sooner or later. But as prepared as she was, it didn't hurt any less. "My mother left us ten years ago. She just disap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter