Chapter 35 - Taehyung Oppa

I Need You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung silently watched from the door as his mother wiped a wet cloth on Hanbyul's uninjured arm. The older woman looked at her daughter's unconscious state in agony. Its been a week and Hanbyul still hasn't woken up.

Thinking he should probably make his presence known by now, Taehyung knocked on the door and entered the hospital room.

"Taehyung-ah. You're back." His mother tried to muster up a smile. "How was....it?" She asked uncertainly.

Taehyung knew what she really meant was "How was he?" but she didn't have the courage to ask him directly. So instead, he made it easier for her. "Appa is fine."

Lee Soeun became flustered with her son's response. "Oh! I didn't mean about your Appa. I just..." She struggled to find the words.

"Gwenchanha Omma." Taehyung sighed. "I know its still hard for you to fully let him go but Appa is really not going to change. I'm sorry."

Lee Souen nodded, her face tilted upwards to stop her tears from falling. "Omma did whats best for everyone, right Taehyungie?"

"Of course." Taehyung engulfed his mother in a hug. "You did the right thing. And I am so proud of you." He spoke softly. 

"Gurae." Lee Soeun sniffed before patting her son on the back to release herself. "Omma needs to finish cleaning Hanbyul up."

Seeing his mother's still quivering lips, Taehyung grabbed the cloth from her hands. "I'll do it. Why don't you head back home? I'll call you a cab."

"But I--"

"Omma." Taehyung lowered his head to look into her eyes directly. "Go home and rest."

After a few more resistance, his mother finally relented. "Call me if anything happens!" She said before leaving.

Taehyung finished up wiping Hanbyul's arms, legs and face before taking a seat next to his sister's bed. His hand brushing back her hair that covered her tiny forehead. 

"Hanbyul-ah. How are you?" He said softly. "Oppa miss you so much. Omma miss you too." Taehyung waited a few seconds as if his little sister would actually answer back. "Don't you miss us? Don't you want Oppa to tie your hair again?" He swallowed a painful lump in his throat, his heart aching to see Hanbyul lying motionless. What he would do to hear her laughter again or to see her eyes light up whenever she sees him.

"If you miss us, please open your eyes. We'll be waiting for you. Just please....please..." He took her hand tenderly and kissed it. "Please wake up, Hanbyul-ah."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jisoo placed the packed lunch she brought from home on the side table and stood next to Taehyung's sleeping form. 

He was seated on a chair but his head was lying down on Hanbyul's bed. One arm underneath his head as a pillow and the other holding Hanbyul's hand. The posture looked uncomfortable but his face says otherwise. Having seen Taehyung with his nightmares the past few nights and him screaming in his sleep, this was the most peaceful she had seen him with his eyes closed. 

Jisoo couldn't help but smile to herself. Maybe Taehyung visit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter