Chapter 23 - Unwanted thoughts

I Need You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You sure your mother won't mind?" Jisoo asked as they climbed up the stairs to Taehyung apartment.

"Aniya. You're her second daughter, remember?" Taehyung teased. To be honest, his worries wasn't about Jisoo staying over at his place for the time being. He had other things to be concerned about. Especially when they could hear yellings once they reached his front door. Jisoo gave him a sympathetic look.

"Not again." Taehyung fumed, opening his front door to see his father with his hand raised and Hanbyul hugging herself into a ball on the floor. "Appa!" He shouted, making Kim Jae Guen freeze. Beside him, Taehyung's mother clung onto her husband's arm to stop him from hurting her seven year old daughter.

"Hanbyul-ah!" Jisoo brushed pass Taehyung and scooped the little girl into her arms protectively.

"Who are you?" Kim Jae Guen hissed. "Move or i'll hit you too!"

Hanbyul cries grew louder.

Taehyung neared his father in two long strides and pushed him, making him stumbled backwards. "Don't you dare lay a finger on any one of them!"

"Ahhh... I see now." Taehyung's father smirked after regaining his balance. "You're his girlfriend that his mother keeps talking about." He tilted his head so that he could see Jisoo from over Taehyung's shoulder. "I finally get to meet you."

Jisoo simply glowered without responding.

"Why are you here?" Taehyung took a step to the right to block his view from Jisoo. "Other than abusing your wife and kids."

Kim Jae Guen narrowed his eyes. "This is my house too."

"I don't want you here."

"Taehyung-ah." Lee Soeun shook her head. "Don't make him angrier."

Taehyung ignored his mum. "Get out."

"Or what?" His father challenged.

"Or I'll call the police."

"On what charges?"

"Domestic violence among other things."

Kim Jae Guen laughed. "We both know your mother won't let that happen."

Taehyung turned to his mother, hoping she would deny what his father had so confidently said but she only gave him a conflicted look. Disappointed, Taehyung let out an appalled breath. Looks like he had to use plan B. 

"There are always witnesses."

"Like who?" Kim Jae Guen mocked. "Your little sister?"

"Me." Jisoo jutted out her chin to appear more confident. "And I'm sure the neighbours are sick and tired of hearing your loud voice everytime you come home."

"You don't know anything about our family." 

"I know enough." Jisoo bit back.

Kim Jae Guen eyes darted between Jisoo and Taehyung. "She's just like you. Stubborn and sharp-toungued." He said distastefully.

"Just the way I like her to be." Taehyung replied without missing a beat.

Kim Jae Guen's lips pursed into a thin line, clearly feeling annoyed. "I don't have to stand here and listen to all this."

"Then leave." Taehyung said matter-of-factly.

The older man look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter