006

Her

Byul eyed the matte green Land Rover before her before opening the passenger seat door and tossing her backpack in.

“Noona?”

She glanced behind her, Mark was still clad in his sweats and a black shirt.

“I have swim practice today.” She sighed and looked at her watch, it was just six in the morning.

“Oh, were you out running? I asked butler Seon to make breakfast.” She spoke.

“It’s fine, noona. Will I see you at school?” Mark asked, then his brows met briefly before walking towards her, then he pulled his hoodie closer to her. She was just wearing her black swimsuit underneath her hoodie and running pants.

Byul grinned.

“Of course, I will.”

“Zip up, it’s a bit chilly today.”

“What? You don’t like my Speedos?” She mused. Mark shook his head and just pushed her towards the driver’s seat.

“Next time I can drive you to practice, noona. Just tell me what time you need me.” He said cheerfully as Byul climbed into the vehicle.

 

 

Byul stretched her hands up for a brief moment before picking up her pen again, her eyes were on the professor as his lecture went on.

Jungkook glanced at her before taking out a warm can of coffee.

“The coach tortured you this morning?” He asked as he opened it and pushed it towards her.

“Yeah, she was rough.” She murmured before taking a long sip.

“Should we go out for lunch? Off campus?” He asked.

“I can’t.” She glanced at him briefly.

They heard the bell chime softly, the professor dismissed them.

“You can’t?” Jungkook blinked, shocked.

Byul rarely said no to eating out.

“Uh-uh, I promised Mark that we’d eat together, wanna join us?” She asked as she stood up, Jungkook pulled her backpack and held onto it.

“You made plans?” He asked as they walked out of the lecture hall.

“He’s a new student. I want to help him ease in to the SNU community.” She mused, then she paused.

“Hyena’s here, she must be waiting for you,” She jutted her lips towards the stairs. Jungkook followed her gaze.

“I’ll see you later at second period?” She took her backpack from him.

“O—okay, eat..lots.” Jungkook nodded, Byul bopped her head against his shoulder before heading straight to elevator.

Jungkook’s brows met briefly before walking towards Hyena. She smiled before looping her arm around his.

“How was class?” She asked as they walked towards another building.

“It was good, you? You said you were running late this morning.” Jungkook asked with a playful grin.

“I was almost late for first period, imagine almost being yelled at by professor Jo.” She shuddered, Jungkook chuckled, then he looked over the railings.

He saw Mark chatting with two males, and then he saw Byul walking towards them.

“Jungkook?”

“Yeah?” He blinked and turned to Hyena.

“Where do you want to eat?”

 

 

“Oh, middle school?” Byul asked.

“Yeah, we were classmates.” The younger male smiled and offered his hand.

“Nice to meet you, Jaemin-ah.”

“And noona this is Haechan,” Mark continued, Byul nodded and took the younger male’s hand.

“They still have class, so, we can eat together.” Mark said.

“But we’ll definitely join you tomorrow, noona.” Jaemin chirped.

“We’ll even pay for your lunch.” Haechan winked at her, Mark sent him a look.

Byul laughed and nodded.

“Okay then, I’m looking forward to it. Have fun at class, kids.” She mused before Mark pulled her away from them.

“Don’t mind them.” Mark mused as they entered the cafeteria.

“They seem nice. How was your day, Mark Lee?” She said as they queued, Mark grabbed a tray for her.

“I already have a report to make and additional research.” He shook his head, Byul nodded.

“Noona, shall we go out tonight?” Mark asked her.

“I can’t, I have practice until eight. And, I have that competition tomorrow, sorry.” She patted his cheek before taking a small bowl of kimchi.

“You want some? It’s a little spicy than the usual.” She said as she picked up another bowl, Mark nodded.

Students glanced at them briefly as they chatted, some where confused seeing SNU’s star swimmer with another male that wasn’t Jeon Jungkook.

“Maybe this Thursday? You should see Namsan at night!” She said as they looked for a table.

“We should do that.” Mark took her tray from her, she blinked.

“Just choose a table, noona.” He smiled at her, Byul bit her lip and nodded.

“Heol, this little kid from before has really grown up.” She teased as they sat down.

“Of course, it’s you who didn’t really change, Star noona.

“What do you mean?” She grew amused, Mark handed her a set of chopsticks.

“I bet you still sleep with ten plushies on your bed,” He grinned, Byul balked at him.

“How did you know?”

Mark laughed.

 

 

Byul lifted herself from the water, she sat down by the edge of the pool and took off her swimming cap.

Practice had ended fifteen minutes ago, but she asked the coach to give her some time to swim alone before going home.

She ran her fingers through her hair, then she flinched slightly. She started to move her left arm around and stretched it slightly.

“I knew I’d find you here.”

She looked up, Jungkook was walking towards her.

“Hi.” She said with a tired smile, he nodded before picking up a towel.

“Is that still bothering you?” He asked as he helped her up.

“It’s better now.” She replied before taking the towel from him.

“Sure, lie to me.” He rolled his eyes, Byul grinned at him.

“What brings you here? Shouldn’t you be home?” She asked. Jungkook shook his head at her before gesturing for her to cover up.

“Dinner?” He faced her, he brushed her bangs away from her face.

He noticed Byul pause.

“If you cancel on me now, it’s the will be third time this week.”

“Jungkook~”

“I reserved us a table at this vegan place you mentioned. Go and get dressed.” He said.

“I wasn’t going to cancel~”

“Just go, Song Star. Get dressed. I‘m hungry.” He complained, Byul just picked up her bag and padded towards the locker room.

“But, can we not go to a vegan place?”

“What do you want to eat then?” He asked and took out his phone.

“Seafood.” She said before going inside the locker room.

Jungkook took out his phone and started to dial, but he didn’t notice the shadow standing by the entrance doors.

Hyena just shook her head before walking away from the building.

 

"Song Star." She muttered to herself before getting in her car.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++