045

Her

 

“Should I pretend to be surprised?” Byul asked as they walked back to the dining table, Jungkook was munching on a freshly baked cookie, totally unbothered.

“Ya.” She whined.

Jungkook chuckled.

“I would be more surprised if my parents weren’t here.”

Byul puffed her cheeks, she was expecting dinner with just her parents and Jungkook. But as they got in the house, they found the Jeon elders also waiting for them in the living room.

And all the teasing didn’t sit well with swimmer number seven.

“They’re happy.” Jungkook stated as Byul set down the plate of cookies on the dining table.

“Dinner was great.” He grinned before taking her hand in his.

“I know, but I feel played, well, whatever.” She mused before letting Jungkook pull her.

“Byul!” Mrs. Jeon waved them over, the elders were having tea and some fruit in the living room.

“We were just talking about how you two always bickered when you were younger,” Mr. Jeon mused.

“We..bickered?” Byul asked before taking her seat beside her father.

“Kindergarten. You two always argued over crayons.” Mrs. Song chuckled, Byul shook her head.

“But our son always gave in to you.” Mrs. Jeon beamed and patted the empty spot next to her, Jungkook sat down.

“Of course, he should.” Byul mused back, then their family butler stepped in the room.

“You have a guest,”

“Who is it?” Mr. Jeon stood up, the male shook his head.

“She’s here for the young miss.”

Byul looked up.

“Who is it?” She stood up, Jungkook paused.

“It’s Chunghee agasshi.”

Byul stilled, her brows met briefly. Jungkook bit his lip, but Byul nodded and just followed the butler out of the room.

 

 

Chunghee rubbed her palms together as she stood in the foyer, she heard footsteps approaching and she turned.

“Why are you standing there?” Byul spoke.

“Unnie, I..I wanted to talk to you.”

Byul exhaled and nodded.

“What is it?”

“I…I wanted apologize. I know, that somehow, I fueled all this. In a way I started this, I shouldn’t have told them those things about you.”

Byul shook her head.

“I had no idea that they were comparing the two of us.” She replied, Chunghee bit her lip.

“I’m sorry, unnie. And, also for what my mother and aunt did. I hope you can forgive me.”

“You,” Byul swallowed before speaking.

“I can forgive, it will take time for us to be…back the way we used to. But,”

Chunghee looked at her.

“I don’t think I can ever face your mother and our aunt again, I hope you understand.” Byul said softly.

“I do, unnie.” Chunghee gave her a small smile.

“We caused you a lot of trouble, huh?”

“We have it even then, I hurt you too. I’m sorry.” Byul said, Chunghee nodded then she turned for the door again.

“Hey,” Byul cleared , Chungee glanced at her.

“Drive safely.” Byul smiled, Chunghee just nodded before leaving the house.

Byul exhaled and just padded back to the living room, she saw Jungkook standing by the staircase, he was grinning at her.

“Well? How did it go?” He asked as he opened his arms to her.

“Weird. It felt weird.” She murmured before burying her face to on his chest. Jungkook just smiled and kissed the side of her head.

“She’s family, Song Star. You know that.”

“I know.” She muttered before closing her eyes.

“Look at you, being the bigger person.” He said teasingly, Byul pulled back and eyed him warily.

“Want another cookie?” Jungkook grinned at her.

“How childish.” She made a face at him as he hopped back to the dining room again.

 

 

“It will be a little hectic after this break.” Junhee commented as they stepped out of the elevator.

“Tell me about it,” Byul nodded.

“So are we really down this weekend?” Jimin walked towards them.

“Appa said I could go.” Byul mused, Junhee chuckled.

“Congratulations, Byul!” Taehyun said as he joined them, Mark was grinning as he walked behind the male.

“Congratulations, noona.” Mark greeted.

Byul had won the swim meet earlier, she was competing with another division in the campus.

“Did I do well?” She asked before taking the bouquet of flowers from Taehyung.

“I heard you broke your own record.” Mark said, Byul grinned before looping her arm around Taehyung’s.

“Thanks for watching you guys, it felt really nerve wracking to be back so quickly.” She nodded.

“We’re glad you’re back to your old routine.” Taehyung nudged her, then the male paused.

“He was gone the whole day.” Byul blinked, Jungkook was parking his matte Rover across them, then he slid down.

“His training has begun. Poor kid.” Junhee sighed, Jungkook was required to visit their family’s company at least thrice a week just to learn about the ropes of the business. Byul was actually happy that Jungkook finally decided to give it a try despite his protests.

“How was work?” She asked as she let go of Taehyung and walked to him, Mark smiled at the older male before heading to his car.

Byul had reached Jungkook and was trying to lift his bangs up.

“Look at those two,” Jimin chuckled.

Byul was chatting about her day, Jungkook was nodding along as they headed towards the campus gates.

Occasionally, he would grin and shake his head at her as she spoke while unconsciously playing with the sleeve of his jacket.

“It’s like nothing has changed.” Jimin nodded.

“Well, if you know them well enough, you’d notice.” Taehyung grinned, Jungkook had taken the girl’s hand as they crossed the street.

“She is Jeon’s girl after all.” Jimin mused before taking Junhee’s hand and pulling Taehyung with them.

 

 

“It does taste good.” Byul was smiling as she picked up another piece or ricecake.

“You didn’t like it earlier.” Jungkook said as they strolled in front of the botiques.

“We haven’t been to Myeongdong for a while now.” Byul looked around them, there were a lot of tourists and high school kids around them.

“Maybe high school?” Jungkook recounted before pulling her closer to him as the crowd thickened.

“A lot of things changed since then, huh?” Byul said before stopping in front of a plushie shop.

“You dated the high school bully.” She .

“Ya, you went out with Jaehyun.” Jungkook muttered, she laughed.

“Well, there’s that.” She nodded in agreement.

“Still, thanks for not giving up on me despite what Hyena did to you even after high school.”

“What are friends for?” She shrugged coolly before walking in the store, Jungkook grew amused and followed her in.

“You didn’t even feel just a tiny ounce of jealousy that time?” Jungkook nudged her playfully as she picked up a piglet plushie.

“I’ve always respected your decisions, Jeon. No matter how crazy they may be.” She winked at him before heading to another shelf.

“Why are you ignoring me?” Jungkook scrunched his nose and walked up to her.

“I like this.” She pointed towards the piglet plushie again, Jungkook snorted at her and just leaned his chin on her shoulder.

“Eomma wants to invite you over for lunch next week.” Jungkook said as Byul checked the plushie.

“I’ll bring cake.” She turned her head to smile at him.

“Just bring yourself.” Jungkook stuck his tongue out at her as he pulled away.

“That was greasy.” She muttered but she pulled him with her towards the counter.

“How about we drive up to Junhee unnie’s house before heading to the resort? I’m talking about next week.” She said distractedly as she took out her wallet.

“Yeah, we can do that.” He said before placing his credit card on the counter instead, Byul looked at him warily.

“Love you.” He sneakily kissed her cheek before running out of the shop. Byul smiled and shook her head before using his card to pay for the plushie.

She took her purchase and stepped out of the shop, only to find Jungkook in search for food again.

“I guess I love you too, bun bun.” Byul whispered to herself while looking at him, Jungkook was waving her over with a bag of potato chips in hand.

 

Byul chuckled as she reached him, Jungkook took her hand and they crossed the street together.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

12/29/17

 

THE END!

Thank you to everyone who read, commented and subscribed!

See you around!

:>