024

Her

Byul slowly settled on the plastic bench, her father’s secretary, her assistant and Song Holdings’ PR director were standing in front of her.

She looked at her left palm, trying to focus.

“It will be best if director faces the crowd now. It’s time we release a statement.”

“A statement? We don’t know what’s happening. The doctor hasn’t said anything.” The secretary argued.

“I think it’s better if we let director rest for a while.”

“Yes, you’re right. But media already knows that the chairman is here.”

They started to argue, Byul let out a small breath and she stood up, the three males looked at her.

“I need some air.” She said before stepping away from them, she wrapped her arms around herself as she reached the floor length windows.

Her father had been found and he was alive. But, he got beaten up so much, that he slipped into a coma.

He was hospitalized in Japan for over three hours to stop internal bleeding, and as per Mrs. Song’s request he was flown into Korea.The physician spoke with Byul earlier, he had a few broken ribs, he had twisted his ankle and he was bruised up badly.

Byul let out a shaky breath.

And the worst, none of the doctors knew when her father would wake up.

Byul slowly shook her head and bit her lip.

“Hey,”

She glanced to her right, Jungkook was walking towards her.

“You need to eat something.”

Byul shook her head at him, Jungkook frowned.

“How bad?” He asked.

“I’m scared, Kook. I feel like I’m walking on glass.” She replied, Jungkook exhaled before wrapping one arm around her.

“Is there something else you want?”

Byul paused and looked at him.

“I want to know who did that to my father. I want them to suffer.”

“I’ll go make some calls. I asked your assistant to get you some clothes.” He squeezed her slightly before letting go.

“Thanks.” She replied, Jungkook studied her expression before leaning over to kiss the side of her head.

“Samchon will wake up soon. We’ll get through this.” He said before walking away from her.

 

 

 

Byul shut her eyes briefly before stepping towards the doors, she could already hear reporters shouting her name as she stepped out.

“Please give the chairman some space!”

Byul looked up and faced the crowd, she stopped herself from flinching due to the flash, instead she bowed politely before speaking.

“Director Song, any update regarding your father?”

“What will happen to Song Holdings? Will he be taking his seat back?”

Byul bit her lip before speaking.

“My father, was kidnaped in Japan. He was hurt badly by his takers, right now he is still in the ICU. I haven’t had the chance to see him yet,”

There were murmurs among the crowd, Byul faced them again.

“But rest assured, my father is now safe and is already in the country. Regarding the company, I will continue to do my best as acting-CEO. Thank you all for your concern. ” She bowed again before turning away from the crowd.

Byul was escorted in back to the hospital’s lobby, she broke into a smile when she saw her mother standing by the elevator.

“Eomma!”

Mrs. Song exhaled in relief as she hugged her only child.

“Finally, you’re back.” Byul sighed.

“I’m sorry, dear. It wasn’t safe for me to fly out right away. I couldn’t leave your father.”

 

 

Jungkook stared at the sliding doors of the Intensive Care Unit, he leaned back on his seat.

“Well, hyung?” He spoke again, pressing his phone closer to his ear.

“I’ll try to check on this. Maybe one of my friends can trace this.”

Jungkook nodded, his brows bunched together.

“How’s Byul?” The older male asked.

“I don’t know, she’s downstairs to face the press.” Jungkook spoke softly, he glanced at the brown bag beside him. He had ordered some turkey sandwiches and kiwi iced tea for her.

“I have to know who did this, hyung. We can’t let this go. These people…they made her cry so much.” Jungkook said flatly.

“I know. I’ll call you as soon as I get something.”

Jungkook put his phone down, then he looked up when he heard someone walking towards him.

“Mark,” Jungkook stood up, Mark gave him a small nod.

“Byul is downstairs~”

“Aniyo, I came here to talk to you, hyung.”

Jungkook paused, but he nodded.

“Hyung, I…Can you back away from noona a bit?” He asked.

Jungkook was stunned, he looked around them before facing the younger male.

“I can take care of her. I’m not a child.”

“Why?” Jungkook finally spoke.

“I like her. I have feelings for Byul noona.” Mark met his gaze.

Jungkook just stared at the male, not knowing what to say.

“So, I’d like it if you let me be there for her, hyung.”

 

 

Byul ushered her mother to get inside the car.

“What about you? You need rest too.” Mrs. Song said again, refusing the guard who was going to help her in the Rolls Royce.

“I’m fine, eomma. Don’t worry, Jungkook’s inside.”

Mrs. Song sighed in relief.

“At least he’s there, that’s good then. Make sure you get some sleep too.”

“Yes, eomma. I’ll call you as soon as I get new about appa.” Byul promised.

“Arasso. I’m glad we’re both home now, dear.”

Byul nodded, she pulled away from her mother and watched as the vehicle and its two convoys sped away from the building.

 

 

Jungkook leaned back on the wall as he saw Byul step out of the elevator, she had two guards tailing her as she walked towards the ICU’s waiting area.

His forehead creased together as she saw her look around the area, her assistant went up to her and started to talk.

Jungkook paused when he felt his phone vibrate in his coat pocket.

He took it out and looked at the screen.

Byul

Jungkook bit his lip before putting it back in his pocket.

tumblr_oxb7dwaWsn1wn7g2mo1_400.gif

“Screw this.” He muttered, he pushed himself off the wall and walked towards the waiting area, but he stopped when he saw Byul pull away from her guards and walk to Mark.

Jungkook watched as Byul approach the younger male and went into his open arms.

His brows met for a brief second before turning away from the scene and going inside the nearest elevator.

 

 

“When did you get here?” Byul asked before pulling away from Mark.

“A few minutes ago. Have you eaten, noona?” He asked as he pulled her towards the benches.

“I’m fine.” She nodded at him, Byul started to look around.

“I brought you some sushi.” Mark placed the black container between them. Byul stared at the food before her, she chewed on her lower lip hesitantly, then she spotted the brown bag a few seats away from them.

“Young master Jeon left them earlier.” The guard spoke, Byul stood up and opened the bag.

“Turkey.” She exhaled in relief before walking back to Mark.

“You don’t eat sushi, noona?” Mark asked her softly.

“I do, but it’s a little too heavy for me right now. This will do.” She said before taking a small bite from the sandwich, Mark nodded.

Byul stared at the tall cup of kiwi iced tea before looking around again.

“Then, noona, you can go home first. I’ll stay here to check on uncle.” Mark offered as he took off his hoodie and put it across her lap.

“It’s fine. I was actually expecting Jungkook to stay.” She murmured while chewing. Mark’s brows met briefly.

Byul took a long sip from the iced tea, she let out a breath before setting it down.

“Ahjussi, did Jungkook really leave? Is he still in the building?” She looked up, her father’s secretary nodded.

“Yes, it seems like he did.”

Byul chewed on her lip and glanced at her phone again.

Mark nudged her.

“I mean it, noona. You should get some rest.” Mark said with a smile.

Byul smiled back and just patted his cheek.

“I have to check on the company. I’ll be back. Thanks, Mark Lee.”

 

Byul stood up, she picked up the iced tea and walked towards the elevator, the doors were still closing when she was dialing Jungkook’s number on her phone.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++