011

Her

 

 

Mark was standing in front of the floor-length mirror, checking his tie. He bit his lip as he tried to straighten it again.

“Knock knock?”

He glanced up, he saw Byul’s reflection, she was standing by the doorway.

“Can I come in?” She asked with a smile, she was wearing a nice burgundy mini dress that accentuated her slim figure and milky shoulders.

“Are we running late, noona?” He asked.

“No, we’re fine.” She said as she approached him, Mark paused when Byul went in front of him and began to fix his tie instead.

“This party is important, huh?” He asked with a smile.

“Yeah, all formal and posh.” She shuddered, Mark chuckled.

“And, Star noona doesn’t like that?” Mark asked teasingly, she patted the lapels of his coat and took a step back.

“I’m more of a jeans and shirt person, but dresses are okay too. Blech.” She playfully rolled her eyes before taking Mark’s hand.

“Let’s go, at this rate we’ll have to make the car fly.” She chuckled before pulling him with her.

Mark just smiled and followed her.

“Jeans and shirt, I like that.” He mused.

“Who doesn’t?” She smiled as they reached the stairs.

“You look beautiful, noona.” He said softly, Byul glanced at him.

“I have to look human tonight.” She chuckled before walking towards the waiting car.

Mark just watched as she got in the passenger seat.

“You've been beautiful.” He said to himself before following her.

 

 

Jungkook took out his tuxedo and laid it flat on the bed. His phone pinged twice.

Where are you? -Byul

Hello? Did you forget about me? I’m still here. –Byul

“Impatient Byul.” He murmured, he took off his shirt. He was about to call her when his phone started to ring.

He blinked at the name flashing on the screen.

“Abeoji,“ He answered.

“Are you busy?”

He glanced at the tuxedo briefly, he walked towards the windows and shook his head.

“Not really, what is it?” He asked.

“I need you to fly here. For work.”

Jungkook nodded.

“Okay. I’ll just arrange things with school~”

“I already had my secretary call the university. Your two-week absence has been filed.”

“T—two weeks?” Jungkook paused.

“Yeah, the jet will land tomorrow. I’ll see you then.”

Jungkook put his phone down, he shook his head and just picked up one of his hoodies and stepped out of his room.

 

 

Byul smiled as she greeted familiar faces warmly. A lot of old family friends were present, she looked around, Chunghee was chatting with Mark by the buffet table.

“Byul,”

She turned and put a smile on her face.

“Halbae,” She chuckled before hugging the elder.

“Are you enjoying yourself? I don’t see your partner.” He asked with a grin.

“Partner? Mark? He’s~”

“Not the Lee Construction Group son, the other young man, the one who’s always around.”

“Jungkook?” She shook her head.

“I think he’s running late. Don’t worry, I’ll bring him to you once he gets here. Enjoy your party, halbae.”

He smiled and kissed the side of her head.

“You too, enjoy the night, Byul.” He patted her hand before moving on. Byul made her way towards the restroom. She was about to enter the ladies’ room, when she heard voices.

She halted.

“Aunt Jinah and aunt Mohee.” She murmured to herself.

“Chunghee was right, oppa’s daughter is really out of control.”

Byul’s brows met briefly.

“I’m surprised she isn’t with that Jeon boy again.”

“I’m more surprised that she isn’t pregnant yet. She’s always clinging onto him.”

Byul took a step back.

“She appears to be the perfect child, how did oppa’s child become such a flirt?”

“I’m worried, what if she joins us at the company?”

“She doesn’t deserve it. She better clean up her act.”

Byul exhaled before turning away from the doors. Her fists curled tightly as she walked away from the doors. Her brows were knitted together as she tried to understand what she had just heard.

Her phone vibrated.

Can you step out a bit? I’m outside. –Jungkook

She puffed her cheeks before heading towards the doors.

 

 

Jungkook was leaning against the wall as he waited, then he saw Byul step out of the elevator. She started to look around, the hotel lobby seemed empty. Jungkook grinned and pushed himself off the wall.

“Oh.” She said as she saw his get up, Jungkook was wearing a bright red hoodie and blue denim jeans.

“I can’t stay long.” He said as he reached her.

“Why? You’re not going in?” Her forehead creased briefly as she tugged on his sleeve.

“Abeoji called me earlier, he said he needs me to fly to China tomorrow.”

“Ah, so you need to pack up tonight.” She nodded, Jungkook’s lips quirked up.

“So, are you having fun?” He asked, Byul’s brows knit together briefly, but she shook her head with a small smile.

“So, so.” She shrugged.

“I have to be in China for about two weeks. Will you survive without me?” He asked teasingly, Byul blinked at him.

“That’s a long time.” She pursed her lips.

“Taehyung hyung will take care of you.” He chuckled, then Byul suddenly wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned her chin on his shoulder, then she sighed.

Jungkook paused, his left arm was around her.

“Ya, is something wrong?” He asked worriedly as her arms tightened around him, he kissed the side of her head out of habit.

Byul shook her head and pulled away from him.

“Nothing. Have a safe flight.”

“Byul, if something’s bothering you, I can move my~”

“No, it’s nothing.” She shook her head and tugged on the sleeve of his hoodie again.

Jungkook nodded, then he started to take off his hoodie, revealing his usual white t-shirt inside.

“Here. It can get cold tonight.” He said before handing it to her, Byul smiled.

“Thank you. Have fun at work.” She nodded.

“We’ll talk about this when I get back.” Jungkook said before pressing his nose on the side of her head.

“What~”

“Something’s bothering you. I can feel it.”

“Jungkook~”

“See you in two weeks, Song Star. Don’t forget to stretch before practice.” He said before turning away from her and jogging towards the door, Byul just gave him a wave before he got in his car.

She just let out a breath before walking to back to the elevator.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++