031

Her

“We all can finally breathe.” Jin smiled as he mussed Byul’s hair, the group of friends were in a small café that was popular for their milk tea.

Byul nodded and absentmindedly pulled one of the drinks towards her.

“How is samchon? I wanted to drop by.” Yoongi asked before picking up a chicken lollipop.

“The doctors said he might be discharged this weekend if his results are okay.” Byul said with a small smile.

Jungkook plopped down his seat and Junhee followed him.

“I was thinking maybe I can go back to the swim team now. But, I know I still have work.” She murmured before taking a sip, then she flinched.

Jungkook looked at her, she shook her head slightly.

tumblr_oxrh4f0JL71wxye4do3_400.gif

“Wrong choice.” She murmured, he rolled his eyes and pushed his strawberry flavored milk tea towards her.

Jin and Junhee grinned at each other.

“Byul, that party,” Junhee spoke, Byul looked at her.

“Ah, don’t worry, he already knows. I explained.” She jutted her lips towards Jungkook, who just blinked at her.

“Wait, everyone knew?”

Yoongi snorted.

“Wow, I feel so betrayed.” He mumbled to himself, Byul winked at him.

Then, Yoongi’s phone started to ring, he looked at Jin pensively before excusing himself from the group.

“I asked them to..never mention it again, but Jaehyun came back. Somehow, he might end up as my in-law.” Byul shrugged before picking up a French fry.

“For old times’ sake, I hope he doesn’t become Chunghee’s husband. Poor him.” Junhee murmured, Jungkook paused when his phone beeped.

“It’s appa’s secretary. I’m going to have to take this,” He murmured before standing up.

 

 

Chunghee slid down from the car and walked towards the house, she paused when she noticed an unfamiliar black BMW sedan by the gates.

She rushed towards the front door and halted when she heard voices from the living room.

“Jaehyun?” She whispered.

“Cancel? But, we don’t understand,” Chunghee heard her mother speak softly.

Chunghee stepped in the room, her father was seated beside her mother, the Jungs were across them.

“We realized that we were rushing the kids too much.” Mrs. Jung said, she paused when she saw Chunghee step in.

“Chunghee,” Jaehyun looked at her, she smiled at him before taking her seat.

“I agree with them, appa. I don’t want to do it. Jaehyun and I already talked about this.” Chunghee stated, her mother gripped her hand.

Chunghee winced.

“We know why you’re doing this,” Mohee spoke, Chunghee looked at her mother.

“You’re afraid of my niece, you see Byul as a threat.”

“No, no.” Mrs. Jung shook her head.

“Byul is a sweet girl, I know that.”

Chunghee paused, she glanced at her mother.

“How do you know that? Do you know my niece personally?”

“Jaehyun used to go out with her in high schoo, so I’ve met her a couple of times.”

Chunghee paused, she started to worry. She could almost hear the bearings in her mother’s mind starting to spin.

“Ah, really? Our Byul?”

Jaehyun looked away and shook his head.

 

 

Jungkook exhaled as he stepped out of the café with his phone in hand.

“Ah, I’m with them. Byul and Jungkook joined us.”

He blinked, he could hear Yoongi’s voice, he walked towards the edge of the façade and saw the older male.

“Aniya, I don’t think I can tell her now. It’s too early.”

Jungkook halted.

“I know, I know. I think she should know too, but how do you exactly tell her that? Her aunts had her father kidnapped so that they could step in. Her own family betrayed her, I don’t know how to explain this. It doesn’t even make any sense. They wanted to bring her down.”

Jungkook’s eyes widened.

“But they failed, the board chose Byul to take the seat, so~” Yoongi sighed.

“I will tell her, I’ll call her tomorrow, I’ll wait until she separates with Jungkook for a bit.”

"Don't worry, abeoji. She's well protected here. I'll be staying with the Songs for a few days."

Jungkook’s brows met briefly, he turned away from the male’s back and started to cross the street.

He sent a quick text to Byul saying that he had to rush home before getting inside his black Land Rover and speeding away from the building.

 

 

Byul was sitting on the middle of her bed, her hair messy and brows scrunched together. She glanced at the clock, it was just seven in the morning.

“Is Mark up? I forgot to tell him~”

The door swung open, she blinked.

“Song Star?”

She yawned, Jungkook strolled into her room, he put his bag down before plopping down across her.

“You’re up early.” She blinked at him. Jungkook was staring at her, his eyes thoughtful.

“Jeon?” She blinked at him, Jungkook gave her a sheepish smile before plopping on the cover beside her.

“You don’t have classes until eleven, right?” Jungkook asked her.

“Yeah, I don’t know why I’m up early.” She said as she tried to gather her hair in a messy bun. Jungkook’s brows met briefly, he chewed on his lip.

“What’s bothering you?” She asked him without turning.

“That obvious?” He asked softly.

“You’re an open book, Jeon Jungkook.” She mused as she picked up her phone and started browsing.

“It’s nothing, let’s sleep for a bit.” He said before pulling her back and just wrapped his arms around her, Byul scrunched her nose as Jungkook pressed her against his warm chest.

“Something is bother you.” She stated as she tried to pull away from him, he just shook his head, not willing to let go.

“Kook,” She sighed.

“It’s true. Nothing’s bothering me. Don’t worry.” He said before closing his eyes. Byul just pursed her lips and let him be.

“I just want you to get some more sleep, I promised samchon to make sure you wont get sick.” He fibbed.

“Well~”

The door suddenly swung open, either of them could react, Jungkook was peeled away from Byul.

“Mark, what~”

“What do you think you’re doing?” Mark spat just as his fist flew across the older male’s face.

“Lee Minhyung!” Byul rushed to her feet, put Jungkook raised one palm to her, his lower lip was bleeding.

“I asked you to keep distance, and yet here you are. Being improper in her parents’ house.” Mark stated coldly, his eyes went to Byul and down to her shorts and black cami get up.

 

He shook off his jacket and tossed it to her before leaving the room.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++