040

Her

 

 

Jungkook slammed on the brakes of his car and jumped down.

He could see Byul walking towards a waiting black SUV meters away from him. He also saw Byul’s mint green Rover.

“Byul!” He yelled, she paused.

Byul was staring back at him as her uncle’s goons surrounded her protectively, Jungkook jogged towards her.

“It’s fine. He’s a friend.” Byul spoke, the guards got out Jungkook’s way.

“What’s happening? Why are you in this kind of place?” Jungkook glanced at the rotting warehouse behind her.

“How did you find me?”

“Jimin hyung managed to insert his cellphone inside your car, I…traced you here.”

Byul let out a breath.

“Byul, what’s going on?” Jungkook asked.

“Nothing.”

“What’s inside then?”

Byul’s brows met briefly.

“It’s none of your business~”

“Well it is, Song Byul. Your business is my business too!” He snapped at her, Byul looked away.

“What’s happening? Why did you contact Yoongi hyung’s father?”

Then Jungkook looked up, he could hear the screaming from inside the building.

“Byul,” He looked at her, his tone soft.

“Don’t say they didn’t deserve it.” She said before tossing the keys to him and walking towards her car.

“Stay here.” Jungkook told her before heading towards the doors.

Byul leaned against her car and let out a shaky breath again.

“Help him.” She said to the males, they walked towards Jungkook.

 

 

Yoongi fiddled with his phone as he sat across the Song elders.

“She had them kidnapped?” His aunt spoke.

“Yes, I spoke with appa’s secretary, Byul wanted to..give them a taste of their own medicine.”

“But how? They were detained by the police.” Mr. Song blurted, he felt his wife’s meaningful gaze on him.

“Byul spoke with the prosecutor in charge of the case, she made a deal with him, and of course, they were terrified of her once they realized who was backing her up.” Yoongi explained.

“They made a deal, she’d…borrow her two aunts for a bit, but they’d be delivered back. Alive.” Yoongi shrugged.

“What’s happening to our daughter?” Mrs. Song muttered under her breath as she tried to ignore her headache.

“I’m sorry, samchon. I should have seen this coming.”

“No, no, Yoongi, it’s not your fault.” Mrs. Song took his hand in hers, then he looked at the older male.

There was a small wondrous, almost proud smile on his face.

“My daughter is an evil genius.” He mused, which earned him a slap in the arm from his wife, Yoongi hid his smile.

“We need to talk to her. What happened?”

“One of my men reported that Jungkook came at the place. He..managed to talk Byul out of it.”

“Wae? What did she do?”

“She had both women tied to chairs and handcuffed.” Yoongi said carefully, Mrs. Song urged him to talk.

“And she brought out a boxes of rats and cockroaches.”

“Oh no, Byul.” Mrs. Song sighed, her husband just shook his head but his proud dad smile was starting to appear again.

 

 

Byul watched as a private team of medical experts helped her aunts, she crossed her arms as she observed, not wanting to move towards them.

They were crying, and Chunghee’s mother had soiled herself. Her aunt Jinah was still screaming, a few cockroaches were in her hair.

“Hey,”

She tensed when she felt Jungkook’s warmth behind her, she spun around.

“I don’t know what happened before I got here, but I asked the~”

“I know, no police involved.” She stated, Jungkook nodded quickly.

“Byul, you need to take a break.” Jungkook said carefully.

She shook her head.

“I just wanted to give them a taste of their own medicine.” She uncrossed her arms.

“And you did it, so, let’s…stop this.” Jungkook urged.

“Promise me, this is the last time you’ll do something like this. Let the law take care of them, Byul.”

She looked down.

“Hey,” Jungkook placed his hand on her elbows, he made her look at him.

“Dark Byul was really y, but I kinda want my Byul back.” He said lightly, Byul blinked at him.

“You got that tattoo two years ago, right?” He asked, she nodded.

Jungkook smiled at her.

“I---I..” Byul stuttered, Jungkook just opened his arms to her.

Byul exhaled before wrapping her arms around his waist and letting her tears out as she hid her face against his chest.

“It’s okay, Byul. I got you. You’re fine now.”

 

 

Byul just stared at her fingers as her mother lectured her, her father remained silent across her.

“What were you thinking? And to think, you did this~”

“It was unfair, eomma.”

“You meddled with the law, Song Byul!”

“No one has proof about that. Do you think the court would listen to those tow?” Byul replied, her tone unusually cold and flat.

She felt her father’s heavy gaze on her.

“Are you asking me to apologize to them?” She looked up.

“Byul, what you did~”

“What they did to appa was unacceptable, eomma. It’s time that somebody teach them a lesson.” She snapped, her mother looked away.

“I’m not going to be reprimanded for this.” She stood up.

“Byul,” Mr. Song chided.

“They have to realize they can’t just get away with the things that they did, I don’t care if they’re my aunts or not. Do you even know what they did when you two were away?” She replied evenly, her mother exhaled.

“They wanted to kick me out the company. They..berated me, called me names, eomma. So, don’t expect me to be forgiving. Because I’m done with that.” She said as she picked up her bag and walked out of the room.

Byul exhaled as she closed the door behind her, her brows met briefly as she walked towards the elevator.

“Hey,” Jungkook was walking towards her, her brows rose briefly as she met his gaze.

“Come on, I’ll drive you home.” He said as he stretched one hand to her, Byul let out a shaky breath.

“Byul, it’s okay. Don’t rush. No pressure.” He said meaningfully, she looked up at and her lips curled into a small smile before taking his hand.

“Thanks, Jeon.” She said softly.

 

“Of course.” He nodded before kissing the side of her head and pulling her towards the elevator.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++