013

Her

Byul was making her way to her car, she had her phone stuck between her ear and shoulder as she opened the backdoor.

“Yes, coach. I’ll be there tomorrow.” She promised as she tossed her backpack inside, she paused when she noticed a black paper bag.

“I wont be late. I promise.” She mused before ending the call. She inserted her phone in her jean pocket before taking the bag.

She pulled out a familiar looking shoe box.

“Gucci?” She blinked as she lifted the cover, revealing a pair of Gucci sneakers. There was a note stuck on the cover.

Congratulations, Song Star. You’ve been looking for this exact pair, right?

You’re on break now, so eat everything you want to. –Jungkook

She chuckled silently.

“How long has this been here? Why didn’t he tell me anything?” She mused before closing the door, then she halted.

Hyena was standing before her.

 

 

“It’s weird, huh?” Haechan asked as they went down the steps. Jaemin glanced at Mark and Chunghee behind them.

“Isn’t she a cousin of Jeon’s girl sunbae?” Jaemin whispered.

“Yeah, they don’t look a like, huh?” Haechan chuckled lowly.

“You big bully.”

“Look at her, noona’s all pleasant and natural. Chunghee…she’s a little…eh.” Haechan shrugged.

Jaemin just shook his head at his friend.

“Have you met assistant professor So? I heard he’s better than professor Jeong.” Chunghee blabbered on.

“I haven’t. I didn’t get the chance to submit my report personally.” Mark said patiently as they reached the cafeteria.

“What do you plan on eating? The cafeteria has Italian and Japanese food today.” Chunghee looped her arm around his.

“I’m actually good with anything.” Mark said uncomfortably, he glanced at the windows. He saw Hyena making her way towards Byul who was standing by her car.

Chunghee followed his gaze, her forehead creased.

“Come on, let’s line up.” She pulled her with him.

 

 

“You must think~”

“Hyena, to be honest, I don’t care what you think, or what you think I think.” Byul exhaled as she looked at the girl.

“Wow, now you answer back.” Hyena chuckled.

“I get it, you think you’re so special because he told you first.” Hyena spat.

“He tells me everything, even things I don’t want to know.” Byul was about to sidestep her, but Hyena yanked her back.

“I’m not done talking, fatty.” She spat, Byul chuckled.

“Not now. Don’t piss me off now.”

“You don’t scare me. We all know why Jungkook’s tolerating you. He’s just using you and that so-called smart brain of yours.”

“Nice. Can I go now?” Byul asked dryly.

“Whoa, look at you, you’re acting all high and mighty. Why? Just because you~”

“Look, Hyena, I don’t care if you’re his girlfriend or not, it doesn’t matter to me what you think. But,”

“Are you threatening me now? Do you want me to tell Jungkook~”

“I don’t give a single what you want to tell him. Because right now, I don’t have time for this. I don’t have time for your petty .” She spat before sidestepping her and getting inside her car.

She got inside her car, her phone started to ring. She looked at the ID.

“Byul, I was just~”

“Will you stop calling me? Call your girlfriend instead. I’m busy!” She snapped before tossing the phone to the backseat.

 

 

Mark glanced up as he saw Byul’s matte green Range Rover pull over beside his car.

“Why are you out here?” She asked as she slid down from the car, she was carrying a paper bag with her.

“Your aunts are here, they were chatting with your parents when I stepped out.”

Byul halted.

“I figured, I’d give them some privacy.” Mark shrugged with a small smile, Byul bit her lip before slapping his arm playfully.

“Just stay go up to your room, they wont mind.” She said before pulling him with her. Mark grinned and followed her.

“How was lunch with Chunghee?” She asked as they neared the house.

“It was fine.” Mark shrugged, Byul glanced at him briefly, they entered the house, she could hear her father’s voice from the living room.

“Go then, I’ll bring you something to eat later.” Byul said to Mark, he just took her backpack from her before leaving.

Byul squared her shoulders and walked towards the living room, the moment her mother’s worried glance went to her, her stomach sank.

“Aunties,” She bowed politely before taking a seat, she hugged paper bag to her chest.

“Byul, your aunts came here because they were worried about you.” Her mother spoke. Byul’s eyes went to them.

“Dear, we’re just alarmed when we heard about..the company you keep at school,” Mohee, Chunghee’s mother spoke.

“What do you mean?” She replied, her father glanced at her, he look unsure and annoyed.

“I mean, rumors about you reached us. I know, we know they’re not true. But you being around so many boys is a little..disconcerting.”

“I don’t think you should be bothered about that. I know my daughter.” Mr. Song spoke.

“Still, oppa, she’s your first born, she’s the family’s first born. She should take care of how people see her.”

“I thought you two didn’t believe those rumors.” Byul spoke again, her mother looked away.

“Byul, do you know what they call you? Maybe it’s time you distance yourself a little from your male friends. We don’t know what could happen, they might~”

“Please stop judging my friends.” She said flatly.

“Byul, we’re just worried. What if something happens to you? What if they take advantage of you?” Aunt Jinah looked at her, Byul suddenly stood up, the pair of sneakers spilled on the floor. And the note landed right on top of the left shoe.

She winced, Jungkook signature on the note could clearly be seen.

“See? They’re even giving you very…special gifts. What would people think?” Her aunt said again, her tone taunting.

“Byul,” Her mother spoke.

“By rumors, you mean Chunghee, right?” Byul looked up to meet their gazes.

“Dear, it’s not~”

“I must have forgotten, aunt. But did I ever ask for your opinion regarding the company I keep?” She replied.

Her father leaned back on the sofa.

“We’re just looking out for you, because we both know your mom and dad are busy.”

“Byul, just listen to your aunts.” Mrs. Song said gently.

“Not a chance.” She smiled before picking up the shoes, she faced her father.

“I’m sorry, abeoji. But can I leave now? I have to go flirt with my friends tonight.” She said, her mother winced.

Her father nodded, an impressed smile was on his face.

“Jungkook’s out of town, I’ll be at Taehyung oppa’s tonight. I’ll ask Mark to come join.”

“Take your car.”

“Yes.” Byul nodded, then she looked at her aunt Mohee.

 

“And while we’re at it, tell your daughter to stop flirting with Mark. I’m concerned about her too.” She said in a cheery tone before leaving the room.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++