034

Her

 

“What?”

“You got here by cab?” Jungkook asked again as he placed some toast on her plate.

“I wanted to be untraceable.” She explained as she gestured for him to open the jam.

“How about the guards? Byul, their job is to protect you, and in order for them to do that, you have to stop~”

“I can’t be at home, okay?” She groaned, Jungkook blinked and looked at her.

“Wae? Did you break one of imo’s antique jars?” He said as he sat down across her, he eopend the jam and handed her a bread knife.

“Not really.” Byul mumbled, Jungkook tilted his head at her.

“You’re an open book to me too, Song Star.” He pointed out before eating, Byul picked up her fork and fed herself a bit of his omelet.

“It’s just,” She put her food down and her lower lip, Jungkook looked at her.

“Mark..Mark and I talked yesterday, I mean, he sought me out.”

Jungkook nodded, not knowing what to say.

“I understand if you two don’t get along, I don’t want to force things, but~”

“Why did he seek you out?” Jungkook’s jaw twitched as he picked up his toast, Byul took a small sip of her coffee.

“You know what, I should shower. Don’t you have to head to the company today?” Byul was about to stand, she was gesturing towards his suit and tie get up.

“Sit down. Finish your meal.” Jungkook said flatly, Byul winced.

“Why did he seek you out?” He asked again.

“Jungkook~”

“I’m assuming the reason why you’re hiding here isn’t because you wanted to do some bonding.” Jungkook faced her.

“I need more clothes; can we pass by my house before school?”

Jungkook just stared at her with one brow raised, Byul puffed her cheeks.

“He told me he likes me, okay? And he asked me to be his girlfriend.”

Jungkook paused, he set his fork down.

“It was super awkward, I didn’t know what to do.”

“So?” Jungkook looked at her.

“What did you do?”

“I ran.” Byul looked at her plate, her nose scrunched up.

Jungkook started to laugh.

“It’s not funny, Jeon Jungkook.”

“What now? Are you going to accept him?” He asked carefully, Byul looked at him.

She shrugged before replying.

“I don’t know. I’m gonna shower.” Byul stood up and padded towards the bathroom.

Jungkook leaned back on his chair as the bathroom door, he loosened his necktie and shook his head.

“You’re right. It’s not funny and I can’t lose you. Not to him.” He murmured before leaving the unit.

 

 

Jungkook crossed his arms and leaned back on his chair, Byul refused to go up with him and she stayed at the lobby of the building.

“Yes? Seon Mohee and Song Jinah?” His secretary paused, confused.

“Yes.”

“But, sir, a background check on director Song’s aunts~”

Jungkook set down the folder he was holding and looked up, his secretary tensed.

tumblr_oxpt8ne7jI1uvv8n5o2_400.gif

“I want the results done by this afternoon. If you find anything negative, inform me right away.” He said with finality, the male could only nod.

“It’s for Byul. It’s to protect her.” Jungkook stood up from his seat.

“Yes, director.”

Jungkook paused, his brows met briefly.

“I know, I know. I think she should know too, but how do you exactly tell her that? Her aunts had her father kidnapped so that they could step in. Her own family betrayed her, I don’t know how to explain this. It doesn’t even make any sense. They wanted to bring her down.”

“Anything else, sir?”

“I’m going to bring them down. Just like how they did to her.” Jungkook said softly before leaving the room.

 

 

Byul looked at her phone again, her brows met briefly.

She had sent Mark a text to check on him, but he wasn’t replying.

“Agasshi.”

She looked up, Jungkook’s parents were walking towards her, her two guards discreetly stepped back as the couple reached her.

“Samchin, imo.” She said with warmth, she saw the young lady behind them.

“Oh, you’re here, our Byul.” Mr. Jeon said with a smile.

“Jungkook and I came together, he’s upsatairs.”

“I heard he’s here.” Mrs. Jeon replied, then she took Byul’s hand.

“Byul this is Ahn Sohye.” She gestured towards the stranger.

Byul nodded and just bowed politely.

“Jungkook and her used to be playmates when we lived in Japan for a bit. Remember that time?”

Byul nodded, Jungkook was gone for almost six months during their junior year in high school.

“Nice to meet you, I heard so much about you from Jungkook oppa.” Sohye shook her hand.

“Yes, well, me too, I guess.” Byul fibbed, she never heard about the girl before her.

“Well, why don’t you join us, Byul? Let’s go~”

“Byul! Eomma!” Jungkook was jogging towards them while looking at his phone.

“Good, Jungkook, Sohye is~”

“We really have to go now. I’ll be at home for dinner, just as you said.” Jungkook said quickly before taking Byul’s hand.

Byul paused, trying to pull him back, Jungkook looked up, his eyes on his father. Sohye was looking at her expectantly.

“I have to drive Byul home to get some clothes. Excuse us.”

“Well~” Mrs. Jeon was cut off when Jungkook started to pull Byul with him towards the waiting car.

Sohye bit her lip as she watched the two.

“Well, that was Byul. One of Jungkook’s good friends.” Mrs. Jeon said good naturedly before leading her to the elevator.

 

 

“She didn’t come home?”

“Yes, imo. I tried calling her, but..nothing.” Yoongi said.

“Ah, she must be at the Jeons. You know her, when something’s bothering her, it’s Jungkook who gets to hear it first.” The elder mused, Yoongi went down the steps with his phone pressed to his ear.

“I think she went to Jungkook too. I’ll call him after breakfast, imo. Say hi to samchon for me.” Yoongi said as he reached the kitchen, he found Mark sitting by the counter top with a bowl of cereal.

“If my cousin were here, she’d be the one to introduce us properly.” He said lightly, the younger male nodded and smiled.

“Nice to meet you, hyung. I heard a lot about from Byul noona.”

“It’s~”

“I hope she only said good things.” Yoongi smiled just as Junhee and Jimin strolled into the room.

“I came by to check on Byul.” Junhee announced, Yoongi winced.

“Noona didn’t come home last night.” Mark spoke quietly, Jimin paused.

“Ah..really?” Junhee bit her lip.

“Imo said she probably spent the night at the Jeons’, but I don’t think so,” Yoongi said bluntly. Jimin eyed him meaningfully.

“She’s probably at his dorm. You know how she hides~”

“Hyung!” Jimin coughed, Junhee shook her head. Mark just looked at his bowl, his brow furrowing.

“Shut your mouth.” Junhee muttered under her breath, then they heard some chatter.

“Why are we coming over now? Byul, it’s already ten, we have class in a few minutes.” Jungkook’s complaint echoed from the foyer.

Junhee balked.

“The house is empty by now. Stop whining!” Byul shushed him.

“You’re just avoiding him~” Jungkook halted by the kitchen’s doorway.

“Why don’t you grab me a bag of~” Byul arrived behind him, her eyes widened.

“O—ppa, Mark!” She almost dropped her bag.

“Good morning.” Junhee scratched the back of her head, Jungkook’s brows met briefly. Yoongi set his glass of milk down.

“I’ll be leaving for school then.” Mark stood up and grabbed his bag, Byul bit her lip.

“Mark, wait.” Byul was about to walk towards him, but Jungkook caught her arm.

Jimin and Yoongi glanced at each other.

“You said you needed some clothes. We’re short on time.” He reminded, Byul paused, she glanced behind her, Mark was already approaching his car.

“Byul,” Jungkook urged her.

“Okay, I’ll go upstairs.” She said, Jungkook let go and watched as she headed towards the stairs.

 

 

“You play dirty, Jeon.” Junhee made a face at him, Jimin smirked.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++