039

Her

 

 

Byul sat down on her seat, and looked at the whiteboard before her.

The professor wasn’t around yet and the room was half empty, she leaned back on her chair. She took out her phone and set it on the table before her.

She paused when she felt someone take the seat next to hers, Jungkook was looking at her, she bit her lip.

“Byul,”

“I don’t really want to talk.”

Jungkook bit his lip.

“What’s wrong? What’s bothering you?”

She faced him, her brows were knitted together.

“Tell the professor that I’m not feeling well.” She replied before standing up and leaving the lecture hall. Jungkook sighed and leaned back on his seat.

Byul rushed to the elevator and bit her lip.

She was about to get inside the elevator when her phone started to ring.

“Yes, samchon?” She answered as she faced the glass panels.

“Thank you. I’ll pay you a visit soon.” She smiled as she saw a black Rolls Royce roll in the campus grounds.

 

 

“Sir, have you seen the news?”

Mr. Song looked up from the hospital bed as his secretary rushed in the room.

“Why? Did something happen?” Byul’s mother stood up.

“It should have been on the news, the prosecutor’s office ordered no media coverage.” The male claimed as he handed his laptop to the Song patriarch.

“Oh my,” Mrs. Song blurted.

Song Eunhong looked up from the screen.

“My sisters….disappeared?” He was confused.

“Yes, sir. It happened about an hour ago.”

“I don’t understand; they’re being detained by the police. How in the world would they disappear?” He recounted as he set the laptop down.

“Did they escape?” Mrs. Song questioned.

“Aniyo, there were no signs of it, it’s as if…they just..disappeared into thin air, samonim.”

Mrs. Song exhaled before walking towards the windows.

“Byul? Is she okay?”

“We’ve been trying to reach her, sir. But she’s not picking up.”

“Call Jungkook. He probably knows where she is.”

 

 

Jimin rushed to cross the street as soon as he saw the familiar mint green Rover.

“Byul!” Junhee hollered as she ran after him.

Byul froze and looked at them.

“Have you heard the news?” Junhee asked she reached the girl.

“What?” Byul opened her car’s trunk and tossed her backpack in.

“Ya, Jungkook’s been trying to reach you, your parents are worried.”

Byul paused and crossed her arms as she faced the two.

“I asked him to cover for me, I didn’t feel like going to school today.”

“Byul, you’re usually with him. Do you even know what’s happening?” Junhee blinked.

“Your aunts got kidnapped.”

“Good riddance then.” Byul shrugged, Jimin sighed.

“Byul, you’re in danger too. What if these people~”

“Unnie, I don’t really care. Those kidnappers can sell them off to the ing black market, and I wouldn’t even blink.” Byul shrugged, the two paused.

The Byul before them seem different.

Cold.

“And, stop tagging Jungkook onto this. It’s not his business.” Byul shrugged, she was about to head to the driver’s seat when Junhee spoke.

“It’s Sohye, huh?”

Byul halted.

“Not everything is about that girl, unnie.”

“Byul, you don’t have to act like this. We all know.” Junhee said softly, Jimin leaned against the car.

“Know what, unnie? Weeks ago, I didn’t even know anything about her. But this girl seems to know everything about me.” She pointed out.

“Not that, Byul.” Junhee shook her head, Byul just opened the Rover’s door.

“For him, it’s just you. It will always be you.”

Byul’s forehead furrowed briefly.

“I have to go, unnie.” She said before getting inside the car, Jimin pushed himself off the vehicle and watched it as it sped away.

“She’s scary.” He murmured.

“It’s weird, are they really fighting? That can happen?” Junhee blinked.

 

 

Jungkook set his phone down again, his eyes were wide.

“I—I cant reach her.” He spoke, Taehyung looked at him.

“Junhee said she saw her nearby campus, buying coffee.” Jin stated, Jungkook glanced at the Song elders, both were in deep discussion with their head of security.

They were all worried, since Byul’s aunts were kidnapped, there was also a possibility, of Byul also being a target. And it’s been almost three hours since she was last seen.

“Just what happened? Did you two fight?” Namjoon spoke up.

Jungkook bit his lip.

“Last night, she…she got annoyed or..angry, I don’t know, hyung. But she walked out on us. And earlier this morning~”

“Us?” Taehyung asked.

“She wanted to get ice cream, so we did. Sohye arrived and she~”

“You dumb fool.” Jin said dryly before sitting down, Namjoon grinned.

“Why invite that house guest over? Are you crazy?”

“Back to Byul’s safety, please. I can deal with that later.” Jungkook shook his head.

“She was at school this morning, but she left. And I’ve never heard from her since then.” He finished.

Then Jungkook halted.

“Oh no, Byul.” He voiced.

“Why? What’s wrong?” Jin looked at the male.

“I think I heard Byul mention her uncle.”

“Geuraesso?” Namjoon leaned forward.

“Yoongi hyung’s appa, I think she called him last night.”

Taehyung started to shake his head.

“Imo,” Jungkook stood up and walked towards the elders.

“What is it? Did she call you back?”

“Did Byul contact your brother? I think I heard something about uncle Yoonjin being in town.”

The lady before him just paused, her eyes widening as another possibility appeared before them.

 

 

Mohee started to sob quietly as the light bulb above their heads continued to sway slowly. Her sister, Jinah was yelling for help. They were inside a high-ceilinged building that stored some boxes and empty container vans. Mohee was starting to shiver due to the weather outside.

But the six males in dark suits were just staring at them with dark and empty eyes.

“Who sent you? Why are you doing this?” Mohee demanded.

“Do you know who we are? You all will suffer~”

“Oh stop it,” Someone said in a flat tone, the two women halted when they recognized the voice’s owner.

The doors were pulled open and their niece appeared.

“Threatening people? When will you two ever grow up.” Byul chuckled, her eyes cold and void of any feeling.

“B—Bul, let~”

“You see, you two just wouldn’t stop. You wouldn’t let me rest at all.” She hummed, one of the males brought her a metal chair and she plopped down.

“Y—You~”

“You loved undermining my mother, you forgot what her family can do.” Byul lifted the hem of her shirt briefly, a small tattoo could be seen just above the waistband of her jeans.

“M—Mafia.” Jinah stuttered.

“Spreading rumors about me, it was fine. I could stand that.” She mused as she crossed her legs, Byul was dressed in a pair of black jeans and a matching black turtleneck sweater.

“Byul, stop this. You’re scaring us~”

“Scaring you? What you’re feeling now, is probably the same thing my father felt when you had men abduct him and torture him in a foreign land.”

The two Song ladies froze.

Byul smirked before standing up.

“Bring them in.” She spoke, two males bowed politely before stepping out, the two started to panic as they tried to break free from their handcuffs.

“I had them tie you on the chair, just like how you did with appa. You know, consider this as an act of giving back.” She mused.

“B—Byul, we didn’t mean to. We were just~”

“I don’t care if you meant it or not. It already happened.” Byul shrugged and beamed at him, her eyes had gone cold and her tone ruthless.

The two males arrived carrying boxes with them.

“Byul, please stop this. We’re sorry, we~”

“Sorry? You wanted to kick my whole family out just because of money. You accused me of being promiscuous, and you practically sold your daughter to the Jungs.” Byul stated.

“And, kidnapping my father because you were worried that the board loves him, and what we didn’t know is that you were stealing from Song Holdings. And now you want me to forgive you and pretend this never happened?”

The two women started to cry.

“Set them down.” Byul stated.

The boxes were placed by her feet.

“Like a bunch of rodents, stealing from the company. How sad. At one point, I did respect you as my aunts.” Byul stated before kicking the boxes and letting them topple over.

The women screamed as dozens of rats and cockroaches scattered towards them.

“Today on Animal Planet,” Byul hummed as she walked away, the six guards just followed her, totally ignoring the screams behind them.

 

“They probably will never visit a Disneyland Park ever again.” Byul chuckled before the males closed the door behind her.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++