016

Her

Byul was pacing back and forth inside the room, she had just gotten off the phone. Her mother assured her that she was safe and that she will be flying back to Seoul shortly.

“How did it happen?” She heard Chunghee speak. They were inside the company building, in a guarded conference at the top floor.

“He was leaving for a meeting with Eisai Group, he said to his driver that he needed to use the restroom before leaving. Two hours later, they realized he had disappeared without a trace.”

Mark let out a shaky breath and just glanced at Byul. Her fingers were shaking and she refused to sit down.

“Agasshi.”

“I need my phone.” She said.

“It’s not safe~”

“My head is about to explode, secretary Heo. I need my phone!” She snapped, Chunghee shrunk down on her seat.

Mark stood up and walked to her.

“Noona, uncle will be okay. The police will find him~”

“Give me my phone!”

The male took out Byul’s cellphone from his coat pocket and handed it to her.

Byul snatched it away from him and turned away from Mark.

 

 

“If the deal with ShengLong Group goes well, that means we can restart the housing project soon.” Mr. Jeon said as he leaned back on his desk, Jungkook nodded.

“Staying afloat in the Chinese market is important, son. Tomorrow, we need to fly to Taiwan.”

“Yes, I know. I’ll be back after getting coffee, abeoji.” He said politely before vacating his seat.

Jungkook loosened his tie just as he stepped out of his father’s office. He paused when two employees bowed to him as he passed by.

He was about to get in the elevator when his phone started to ring. His lips quirked up slightly before answering.

“Byul~”

“J—Jungkook-ah.”

Jungkook halted, his eyes widened.

“Byul, is everything alright?”

She was crying.

“A—Appa, he…” She choked.

“Byul, speak slowly.” Jungkook said softly.

“Appa..got kidnapped.”

“What?”

“I..I don’t know what to do, eomma’s stuck in Japan. It’s not safe for her to fly back. And, and…Jungkook..I just…” She sobbed.

“I’ll be there.” He said before ending the call and running back to his father’s office.

 

 

Junhee was biting her fingernails as she looked at the TV before them, Jimin was shaking his head.

It has been reported that business tycoon, Song Eunhong has been reportedly missing since this morning. CCTV footage of him getting inside a commercial building in Tokyo has surfaced, but up to now, after almost seven hours of searching, still no sign of the magnate.

“I’m worried for Byul.” Taehyung frowned.

Some traces of blood were found inside the men’s restroom in the building and were proven to be his, there are also signs of struggle in the room. But the police are not yet certain of what the motive of his kidnapping may be.

“Who would do this Eunhong samchon?” Junhee sighed, Jimin just gently pulled her hand away from her lips.

“This is going to take a toll on Byul. Jungkook’s not in town too.” Taehyung murmured.

Then Junhee’s phone pinged.

“Ani,” She spoke.

“What?” Jimin asked.

“Jungkook’s on his way home. He’s landing in an hour.”

 

 

Mark pulled the latch upwards and the metal door gave way, he stepped out and shuddered slightly as he walked out to the building’s rooftop.

He found Byul standing near the ledge, her arms crossed.

Mark chewed on his lower lip before approaching her.

“Noona,”

She glanced at him briefly, her nose and cheeks were in the shade of pink, and worry was etched all over her face.

“Any news?” She asked, Mark couldn’t help but notice how beautiful she looked against the late afternoon sky.

“No. The Japanese police are already searching for him and all the possible angles of the kidnapping.”

She exhaled and just stared at the scene before them, Seoul’s village of high-rise buildings,

“Noona, I~”

A loud rumbling made them pause, in a matter of seconds, three guards started to surround them. Byul looked up just as a black helicopter started to descend on the rooftop.

Her brows met briefly.

A male clad in a dark suit went down and opened the helicopter’s door, Mark heard Byul exhale in relief as the passenger came in to view.

Jungkook slid down from the aircraft and gestured for the pilot to leave, he jogged his way towards them.

“Byul, I came as fast as I could~”

Byul wordlessly walked to him and just pressed her face on his chest, and then she started to cry.

Jungkook closed his eyes briefly and just wrapped his arms around her.

“I..I don’t know what to do, they…still cant find him. It’s been more than eight hours.” She said inaudibly.

Mark looked away from them.

“Uncle will be fine, Byul. The police will find him.” Jungkook said softly.

“I…should have gone with them. I should have volunteered, he..he’s always invited me to..to..” She started to choke, Jungkook just shook his head and just pulled her to him tightly.

“It’s not your fault, Byul.” He murmured, Mark saw the guards step back as soon as they recognized the newcomer.

“What..What if they never find him? Jungkook, I—I wont~”

“Shhhh, stop crying. Worrying wont help, Song Star. Let’s get you inside.” Jungkook kissed the side of her head, BYul just shook her head and pulled away from him.

“I..I…Appa has to be safe. He has to be okay. He has to be.”

Jungkook just nodded before brushing the tears away from her cheek.

“He will be, Byul. We’ll find him.” He said reassuringly, Byul just bit her lower lip, an attempt to prevent her tears from falling.

“Byul, let’s go in. You’re freezing.” Jungkook persuaded her, her brows knitted together.

“They’re inside. I…..I don’t want to be there.” She murmured.

“Byul, what~” Jungkook paused, he met her gaze evenly.

Then he started to nod, he knew when not to ask her questions and he understood the look in her eyes.

“I want to go home.” She said while looking down.

“Arasso, I’ll ask Mark to get your things,” Jungkook glanced at the younger male, he nodded and started for the door.

“I’ll ask the helicopter to come back.” He started to shake off his coat and drape it around her, Byul just nodded and sat down.

Jungkook cupped her cheek briefly before starting to dial on his phone.

He was right, something had happened before Mr. Song’s disappearance. He hated seeing Byul being like this.

 

And he started to hate the fact that he didn’t notice it sooner.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++