017

Her

 

Jungkook pulled the curtains briefly, there were a number of guards patrolling the Song property.

Byul was seated on the huge leather couch in the middle of living room, with a cup of tea in front of her.

Jungkook exhaled and sat down beside her.

Byul was staring at the TV screen before her, news of her father’s kidnapping had spread.

“You need to rest.” He said, she picked up her mug and shook her head.

“So much has happened and you were just gone for..four days? Five?” She spoke, Jungkook nodded and Byul inched closer to him.

“Things got complicated.” She murmured as she opened one hand to him, Jungkook nodded and placed his palm over hers.

“I had a feeling about that.” Jungkook replied, Byul looked at him.

“I’m really sorry for yelling at you on the phone. I did that, and yet you flew back to check on me.” Byul said softly, Jungkook gave her hand a slight squeeze.

“Byul, it’s fine. You need me here.” Jungkook said with a small smile, Byul exhaled and nodded.

“I don’t know what I’d do if they never find him.” She whispered, her eyes getting watery again.

“Stop thinking like that, they will find him, Byul. And those people who took him will suffer the consequences.”

“They found blood at the scene.” She pointed out and exhaled, he noticed that her fingers were shaking.

“Don’t do this, Byul. Overthinking will make things worse.” He said as he took the mug from her.

“Jungkook~”

“Go get some sleep. I’ll wake you up when something comes up.” He said.

“But, I’m not~”

“Byul, come on, please.” Jungkook stood up and took her hand.

“I’ll make some calls, I’ll see what I can do, okay?” He said before gesturing for her to go to her room.

Byul bit her lip and just stared at him.

“Welcome home, Jeon.”

He nodded and watched her climb the steps. He saw Mark standing by the kitchen, Jungkook exhaled before turning away from him.

 

 

Mark was leaning against the wall, he had his eyes on Byul’s door. He crossed his arms, he could hear voices from downstairs, he shook his head.

“How could they do this?” He muttered to himself, then the door opened. Byul stepped out of her room, clad in her usual black tank top and sweatpants.

“Noona, I think you should grab a~”

“Let’s eat. I’m sure Jungkook’s already downstairs.” She waved him off and just padded towards the stairs, Mark bit his lip.

“Noona,”

“I’m fine. I did sleep for a bit.” She paused and looked at him, he noticed the dark shadows under her eyes.

“But downstairs~”

Byul just went down. Mark walked after her.

“Jungkook-ah?” She called, she heard movement in the kitchen.

Then she halted when she saw three familiar figures inside the kitchen.

“Oh, Byul, you’re up.” Her aunt Jinah was sitting by the countertop, Chunghee was standing by the windows.

“We didn’t know you had…extra guests.” Mohee spoke as she crossed her arms. Byul’s forehead creased.

“Mark’s been staying with us for a while.” Byul said carefully, she saw Jungkook standing by the stove, his arms crossed.

“We came here because we were worried,” Her aunt sounded like she was taunting her.

“You don’t need to worry about me, I’m not the one who got kidnapped.” She replied coolly as she climbed on one of the stools.

“Byul, we both know that our last conversation~”

“Why are you two still here? How did they get in?” She glanced at Jungkook, the latter’s brows rose.

“Byul, we are your aunts. Stop acting like this.”

Byul glanced at Chunghee.

“You don’t have to act strong, we are just as worried as you are, dear.” Jinah spoke again. Mark leaned against the doorway.

“You’re just here to prove the rumors you were talking about.”

“Byul~”

“I’m alone with two guys in this house. You’ve seen it. You can go now.” Byul left her seat.

“How could you talk like that to us?!”

Jungkook pushed himself off the stove.

“You’re too obvious, my father’s gone missing and yet you’re here, trying to pick on me.”

“Y—You are going overboard~”

“You started it, aunts.” She faced the two ladies.

“Let’s have breakfast outside.” She spoke before walking out of the room.

“You do know it’s inappropriate for you to be here this early, right?” Jinah looked at Jungkook.

“Your niece couldn’t sleep last night, she was crying on her bed all night. None of her aunts even called to check on her. You had all the time yesterday, but none of you ever did come to see her.”

Mark chewed on his lip, Jungkook exhaled.

“I’m sorry for interfering, but I’ll take it from here.” Jungkook bowed politely before leaving the room.

 

 

“Still nothing?” Byul leaned against the car.

“I’m really sorry, agasshi. But the police~”

“His phone? You said they recovered his cellphone.” She said as she wrapped her free arm around her.

She paused when she felt something warm drop around her shoulders, Mark was standing behind her.

“Yes, they found it at the dumpster early this morning. They managed to trace it.”

Byul exhaled.

“Agasshi, I’ve instructed some men to be with you at school. Just for your safety.”

“I don’t need~”

“It’s your mother’s request, young miss.”

She exhaled, then she saw Chunghee stepping out of the house. Her eyes were on Mark.

“Mark,” Chunghee started to walk towards them, but Byul reached for his arm.

“Lee Minhyung,” She spoke, Mark faced her. Byul saw Chunghee stop.

“What?” Mark grew amused.

“Thanks for sticking around yesterday.” She said before kissing his cheek and getting inside the car.

 

 

“Yeah, she’s up. I don’t know, it was so tense earlier. Her aunts came by.”

“Really? Why? I thought she got along with them.” Jimin spoke from the other line, Jungkook picked up Byul’s backpack and one of her jackets.

“Yeah, but something must have happened. She didn’t even acknowledge Chunghee.” He said as he stepped out of her room and went down, he saw her two aunts making their way to the front door.

“Maybe Byul’s just really stressed. News of her father seemed to have gotten worst.”

“I don’t think so, hyung. Something did happen.” Jungkook said before ending the call, he made his way to the front door and went down the steps.

“Mark,”

He heard Chunghee speak, then the girl halted. Jungkook followed her gaze.

He saw Byul lean up and kiss Mark’s cheek before getting inside his car. Jungkook’s grip on the backpack tightened.

He saw Mark smile to himself before making his way to his black Porsche, Jungkook let out a breath before sidestepping the younger girl and walking towards his car.

He tossed the backpack and coat at the backseat, he went to the driver’s side and got in.

“I can explain.” Byul spoke.

“What happened?” He asked as he started the car.

“At the party..I heard them talking. I was..called a flirt.”

Jungkook grew confused, he glanced at her briefly as he maneuvered away from the property.

“Chunghee told them some things about me. That..I was always hanging around men.”

Jungkook exhaled.

“Then, they came to my house. And confronted my parents about it. Appa took my side, but eomma was worried.” She looked at her fingers.

“I couldn’t believe it. How could Chunghee do this? I trusted her, we share secrets with each other, she’s basically my sister. But,” She bit her lip.

“She made stories about me, I…can’t believe it.”

“Byul,”

“They phone appa’s phone this morning,” She looked at him.

“Byul, I’m sorry. That happened when I came by at the party, right?”

“It’s fine. I’ll get over it.” She shrugged and leaned back on his seat.

“You have to. It’s not true. You can’t flirt to save your life.” He said lightly, Byul just glared at him.

“Lighten up, I’m sure samchon is going to be back soon.” Jungkook scrunched his nose at her.

“Thanks for the save. I heard what you said to those two.”

“Let’s have breakfast at the dorm.” Jungkook replied.

“Yeah, I already told Mark to go there.”

Jungkook paused briefly but he just nodded.

 

 

“How are you holding up, Song Star?” Taehyung asked as he wrapped the girl in his arms, Mark looked at them.

“I think I should stop hanging out with you guys. You are all men.” She pointed out, Taehyung snorted and let her go.

“It’s been like this all along, why change now?” Junhee spoke.

“Don’t you think so, freshman?” Junhee looked at Mark. Mark blinked at her, but he nodded back.

“Unnie, don’t torment him.” Byul said, she glanced behind her just as Jungkook went inside the kitchen.

“Ya, I heard all about it.” Junhee spoke softly.

“Which one?” Byul sighed.

“About your aunts and Chunghee. Jungkook called me earlier. He’s worried.”

“I am worried that he rushed here. He was in China for work. What would his father say?”

“Byul, uncle wont mind. Your appa’s in danger. You shouldn’t worry about that.” Junhee said.

“My brain’s about to burst. ” She stated, then she looked at Mark.

“You prefer bacon in your sandwich, right? No salt?” She asked.

“Yeah, noona. Thanks.”

Byul just nodded and walked towards the kitchen, Junhee looked up only to see Jungkook peeking at the two from the counter.

She met eyes with Taehyung briefly, the male shook his head at her.

Byul stepped into the kitchen area, she found Jungkook washing some vegetables.

tumblr_oxjbdfRgIv1qgx2nao2_400.gif

“Hungry?”

“I never got check on you too. How was China? How did things go? ShengLong, right?” Byul said as she leaned against the counter.

“Yeah, it went well.” He answered shortly, Byul nodded.

“I’m going to school today. Will you drive me? Or do you need to fly back?”

Jungkook looked up and shook his head.

“Aniya, I’m not leaving.” He said, his eyes went past her shoulders briefly, Mark was chatting with Taehyung and Junhee.

 

 

“I’m not leaving you.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++