029

Her

 

Byul finally wrenched free from Jaehyun’s grasp, the two were just outside the party, away from all the trouble he just started.

“You!” Byul exhaled.

“Byul, how did she get in? Jungkook and her~”

“Why did you have to interfere?” She snapped.

Jaehyun paused, his brows met briefly.

“Byul, that was Hyena. The same girl who~”

“I know, I know. I’ve been dealing with her for quite a while now. You think she’s gone after high school? No, she had to date Jungkook.”

“Jungkook?” Jaehyun paused.

“And now you just created another mess for me.” She shook her head.

“She was the one who hurt you.”

“And you’re my cousin’s fiancé!”

Jaehyun closed his mouth.

“People heard us, they were watching us…me. And now…” She closed her eyes briefly.

“Didn’t you understand what I said back then?” She asked, Jaehyun started to reach for her hand.

“Stay away from me.” She said before turning away from him and walking to her guards.

 

 

Junhee walked to her cousin as soon as Jaehyun and Byul left, it had gone awfully silent around their group.

“W-What did Jaehyun mean? Did something happen?” Mrs. Jeon asked, Jungkook looked around them before clearing .

“Hyena must have forgotten, auntie.” Junhee commented, she felt the girl’s gaze on her.

“Hmm?”

“Jungkook and her~”

“Ah, I must have forgotten that one thing.” Hyena intervened with a polite tone.

“Hyena,” Jungkook warned.

“Back in high school, Kook.” Hyena placed one hand on his arm.

“High~”

Junhee panicked.

“I was with Jaehyun, we were together.” Hyena said, Mrs. Jung was listening attentively.

“Byul had this huge crush on him, and she, well…successfully got in between us. That’s why we broke up. But, Jaehyun thinks that I’m out to hurt her. I would never do that.” Hyena nodded.

“Oh, Byul?” Mrs. Jeon blinked.

“And now, she seems to have managed to get in between Jungkook and I too.”

“Whoa, you really are full of .” Junhee spat before leaving the group, Jimin spotted her rushing to the exit doors and he followed her.

Jungkook froze, he started to shake his head.

“You were away back then. I thought Byul would have told you.” Hyena beamed at him.

“Byul…stole Jaehyun from you?” Mrs. Jeon blinked again.

Jungkook started to shake his head, he was about step away but Hyena took his hand.

“Where are you going?” Hyena smiled at him.

“Away from you.” He replied before yanking his hand away and leaving the group.

 

 

Byul ran her fingers through her hair, she was standing at the lobby, waiting for the car to arrive.

People saw what happened, and now rumors would start again.

“Maybe Chunghee’s right. I’m a flirt. I’m a mess too.” She muttered darkly, she looked up and saw the black Audi nearing the glass doors. She was about to step forward but someone had taken her hand.

“Noona,”

“Oh,” She had forgotten about Mark being at the party.

“I’ll take you home, noona. My halmae’s driver is already here.” Mark offered her a smile before draping his coat around her.

“Mark, I~”

“You don’t have to explain. I don’t believe her. You don’t have the time to steal other people’s boyfriends.”

“Huh?” She grew confused.

“Well, Hyena…that she said,” Mark bit his lip.

“What did she say, Mark?” She almost snapped.

“She said that you got in between Jaehyun hyung and her.”

Byul stilled, she let out a breath and shook her head.

“And, she also said that you did the same thing to her and Jungkook hyung.”

Before she could reply, she saw Jungkook jogging towards them, her brows scrunched up together.

“Byul, don’t leave yet.” Jungkook reached her, Mark grabbed her hand.

“Ani, I have to go. I want to leave.” She met his gaze evenly, Jungkook paused.

“Byul, I didn’t know she’d barge in here.” Jungkook explained.

“I didn’t know she’d come back to my life again, Jungkook. You made her come back.” She pointed out.

“Byul, you said it was fine that I go out with her.” Jungkook pointed out.

“It’s fine for you, but for me, it was never fine. I was never okay with it!”

 

 

Yoongi was eyeing the grainy image before him, it was a screenshot from the CCTV footage the day Byul's father was taken.

“Who is this?”

“We haven’t ID’d the man, sir.”

He leaned back on his seat, he started to shake his head.

“He doesn’t look Japanese.” He commented, he glanced at the screen on his wall.

The news was still talking about his uncle’s kidnapping.

“He looks familiar. I just can’t point it out.” Jin commented from the leather couch.

“That’s what I’m thinking.” Yoongi said before setting the photo down and dismissing the male.

“I feel bad for Byul, she’s taking all the responsibility for this.” Jin exhaled, the younger male stood up and took the seat across him.

“Namjoon’s flying in tomorrow. Jimin sent me a text.” Jin said.

“What? Ah, that Jeon event tonight.” Yoongi nodded.

“Jungkook’s ex stirred up some trouble.” Jin shook his head.

“Really? Did she mess with Byul again?”

“Most likely. You know what happened.” Jin shrugged.

“She’s going to regret it. High school Byul was different, she was easier to pacify.” Yoongi pointed out, Jin bit his lip.

“She’s different now. After what happened to Eunhong samchon and with what her aunts did,” Yoongi continued.

“I saw it in her eyes when we spoke, I think she can cut off people now. She’s become cold.”

“Enough to even cut off her Kook? Her Jeon Jungkook?” Jin smiled to himself.

“I think so.”

 

 

Jungkook paused, her eyes went to their hands.

“Byul, you didn’t even tell me what happened while I was away, how was I supposed to know?” Jungkook sighed.

“Do you even know what she did?” She shot back.

“Byul, please, let’s talk about this.”

“Ani, you just let that girl walk in that party, destroy my name again, tag me as someone who would get in between two people. What does that make me look? A flirt, the exact definition of my aunts and Chunghee. Thanks, Jeon. Thank you.”

Jungkook started to shake his head. Mark looked away, his jaw clenching and unclenching.

“Byul, I didn’t mean to~”

“You didn’t even ask me if its true.”

“What are you saying?”

“Did I really get in between her and Jaehyun.” She looked at him.

“Byul, what you did before doesn’t matter. Just stay. Don’t leave me here.” Jungkook tried to persuade her.

“You actually think I did it. You believe her story.” She said softly.

“Byul, please,” Jungkook reached for her hand.

“Just go back to her. You deserve each other.” She said before turning away from him, but he tugged her back.

Mark’s tensed, his grip on her other hand tightened.

“Byul, don’t do this.” Jungkook pleaded.

“I’m done, Jeon.” She pulled her hand away from his. Jungkook was stunned and looked at his now empty hand.

He looked up and saw Mark leading Byul to the waiting Audi. His brows met as his eyes wondered to their entwined fingers.

Jungkook removed his tie as he walked towards the elevator.

tumblr_oxn5afAEO21wypn3yo1_500.gif

“She chose him.” Jungkook said to himself as the doors opened before him.

 

 

“This isn’t it. This isn’t supposed to happen. She’s my Byul. Mine.”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++