022

Her

Byul stared at him, she bit her lip.

“I’m not. I just said distance would~”

“You didn’t let me talk, Byul.”

She exhaled.

“I don’t like this.” He stated, she bit her lip.

“Will you hear me out?” Jungkook asked, the doors opened behind Byul.

Her fists curled tightly.

“If we keep on being like how we are, things wont end well. You’ll get hurt, Hyena doesn’t understand us.” She said calmly.

“Why? Why do I also have to adjust to that?” Jungkook replied.

“Jungkook, please. I just don’t want to be involved in any more mess.”

“Byul, things don’t have to change~”

“I’m sorry. I can’t hear you out.” Byul cut him off.

Jungkook paused.

“I’m still your friend, bun bun. I’m not cutting off ties with you.” She cupped his cheek.

“At this rate, you might as well do that too.” Jungkook pushed her hand away and left the elevator.

 

 

Taehyung flinched repetitively as he stood behind the cubicle, even with the earmuffs on, he could hear the loud consecutive shots from his younger friend.

“Ya,” He tried to speak, but Jungkook ignored him.

“This is Byul.” Taehyung said to himself.

Jungkook pressed the button on the table and set the pistol down, his target started moving towards him.

“Jaehyun’s back, do we plans for the weekend?” Taehyung asked as he took off his earmuffs.

“I don’t know, my father’s coming back this weekend for the company party.”

“Take Hyena with you, you said you wanted her to meet the parents, right?”

Taehyung saw how his friend’s brows met for a brief moment.

“Yeah, I might do that.” He shrugged, Taehyung sighed.

“Ya, if this is about Byul~”

“Hyung, not everything is about Byul.” He pointed out before taking out his phone.

“I’m just asking, why is he so cranky?” Taehyung mumbled as he left the younger male. Jungkook exhaled and looked at his father’s message.

About the party this weekend, bring Byul along.

And, your mother says she wants to meet your girlfriend.

Jungkook put his phone down before starting another round of shots again.

 

 

Byul stared at the water, the rest of her teammates had just left. She had requested the coach for some extra time before the gym closes.

“This is funny. It’s like I’m not even allowed to rest for a second.” She muttered to herself before tossing away her swimming cap.

She was about to plunge in when she heard the doors creak open.

“You lost weight.”

She looked at Jaehyun.

“Are you staying?” She replied, the male smiled before handing her a towel.

“Can we talk?” He asked kindly.

Byul bit her lip, but she nodded back. She wrapped the towel around her waist before sitting across him.

“Welcome back.” Byul said to him.

“I just found out.” He stated, Byul noticed how his forehead creased before facing her.

She paused.

“I got a call from my mother’s assistant. I’m arranged to marry your cousin.”

“I just found out today. I was…shocked earlier that you didn’t know yet.” She swallowed, Jaehyun nodded slowly.

“What are you going to do?” She asked.

“My hands are tied, Byul. You know how it is for us.”

“Jaehyun, I~”

“But, can’t it be you instead?” He looked up, Byul halted.

“What?”

“I feel like it’s going to be easier if it’s you.” Jaehyun said with a smile before stretching his hand to her.

“Let me marry you instead.” He offered.

“Believe me, I wish you didn’t get dragged into this mess, Jaehyun.” She said, Jaehyun paused.

“I can’t. I can’t be that girl.”

“Byul, I~”

“It’s better if we stop meeting in private. You’re going to be my in-law soon. People might talk.” She said before standing up and walking towards the locker room.

Jaehyun exhaled and just leaned back on the chair.

 

 

 

Mark looked up as he heard the front door open, he was about leave the dining table when he saw Byul running across the hall.

“Noona?” He grew confused, she halted.

“I asked the help to make dinner.” He spoke, Byul dropped her bags and faced him.

“Hi.”

“Is everything okay?” Mark asked before gesturing for her to join him.

“Uhm, yeah. It’s..I..I have a question.” She said as she looked at the roast beef before them.

“What is it? Is this about Chunghee’s suddent engagement?” Mark asked.

“It does seem like a ploy, noona. I mean, it’s kind of obvious. I don’t mean to pry in your family’s matters. But, I hope you don’t forget that I’m on your side.” Mark met her gaze evenly.

“Thanks.” She paused and looked at him.

“I forgot to thank you for being around, huh? I mean, you’re basically at the center of all the family drama.” She smiled wryly.

“What did you want to ask me, noona?” Mark asked with a smile.

“How do you know Jaehyun?” She asked as she picked up her knife.

“Ah, Jaehyun hyung? He’s my cousin. My dad and his mom are siblings.”

Byul balked, she looked up.

“Why? I thought you knew noona, hyung said you two were close back in high school.”

“Well, yeah, there were some things we never got to..discuss.” She glanced at her phone as it started to ring.

It was Jungkook’s mother. Byul bit her lip before picking up.

“Auntie, good evening.” She greeted, Mark glanced at her, he picked up his knife and started to slice pieces of beef for her.

“Hello, Byul. I just wanted to check on you before giving the guest list a go, dear.”

“Yeah?”

“The party this weekend, I had my secretary send you an invite. Well, just for formality.” The elder chuckled.

“A—Ah, that. I’ll….be there, auntie.”

“Good, now, Byul, what do you think about this Hyena girl? Jungkook says he’ll be bringing her to the party.”

Byul paused, she set her fork down.

“Hyena is Jungkook’s~”

“I know, I just want to know what you think of her. You’re his best friend after all.”

 

Byul wanted to slam her head on the dining table’s marble top.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++