042

Her

Byul placed both of her palms on her lap as her father pushed the plate of donuts to her, she bit her lip before meeting her mother’s gaze.

“Byul, it’s been almost a week. Come home now. Mark feels a little uncomfortable too.” Her mother chided.

“Everything’s been settled now, daughter. Come home, the Jeons have been~”

“You were taking their side, eomma.” Byul stated, the lady bit her lip.

“I admit I was wrong, but I was just worried. You were…You weren’t you, you weren’t acting like the daughter we raised. You tortured them Byul.”

“They did the same thing to appa.” She pointed out, her mother nodded.

“But things don’t work that way, dear. We have the law to punish them, we don’t get revenge and~”

“You don’t have to explain. But I wont apologize for it.” Byul said, her mother nodded.

“I know.”

Her father smiled at her.

“It’s time to come home now, you need to rest.” He said as he reached for her hand.

Byul exhaled and nodded.

“I’ll think about it. I still have a lot of things going on with school. I’d rather stay at the Jeons’ before I finish everything.”

The couple nodded, Mrs. Jeon leaned over to cup her cheek.

“I’m sorry, Byul. Eomma will make it up to you soon.”

 

 

Jungkook set his books beside Junhee, Jimin looked up and grinned at him.

“You’re out for lunch early.” Taehyung commented.

“Our professor dismissed us early.” Jungkook stated before taking his seat.

“Byul? She’s been so busy with academics early.” Junhee asked.

“She’s using it as a distraction. You know her, noona.” Jungkook stated before opening his can of juice.

“I kind of miss having her around.” Jimin made a face.

“I just wish things go back to normal, she seems stressed out a lot lately.”

“She mentioned going back to swimming.” Jungkook added, then he paused, his eyes were somewhere.

“It’s Song Star!” Taehyung chuckled.

Byul was walking with Mark, they two were chatting animatedly as they crossed the building before them.

Junhee glanced at her cousin briefly, but Jungkook was just looking at the two.

Then Byul paused, her eyes were at them.

Byul stopped walking and smiled at them, Jungkook scrunched his nose at her before going back to his meal. She stuck her tongue out at him before walking with Mark again.

Junhee and Jimin just grinned at each other.

 

 

“Arasso, I’ll see you later.” Byul bumped fists with Mark.

“I hope you come home soon, noona.” Mark pouted at her, she just grinned before heading to the stairs.

Byul hopped down the steps with her duffel hanging on her arm, she was about to head towards the gym when she noticed a familiar black Maybach parked across the building.

“Yoongi oppa?” She muttered as she approached the car, true enough, her older cousin slid down from the vehicle.

“I was just about to call you.” He said with a smile.

“What brings you here, oppa?” She asked before hugging him.

“I came by to check on you and I was sent on an errand.” He said.

“Don’t worry, I wont be kidnapping anyone soon.” She muttered with a roll of her eyes.

“I just need to know if you’re doing well, Byul. And abeoji sends his regards.” He said before taking out a black paper bag from his car.

“A gift from the mafia.” Byul chuckled, he just eyed her warily.

“Take care, Byul. Appa was kind of happy you asked for his help. He misses you.”

“I’ll visit Japan soon.” Byul nodded, Yoongi just pinched her cheek before going back to his car.

 

 

Byul tossed her goggles away as she lifted herself off the water, she was alone inside the gymnasium and she enjoyed practicing by herself.

She exhaled and looked around her, she was wearing the swim team’s uniform, the navy blue and black swimsuit.

She was about to grab her water bottle when she heard footsteps, she turned.

“You’re officially back, number seven?” Jungkook was smiling as he walked towards her, she chuckled.

“News spread that fast?” She asked before opening the bottle and taking long sip.

“Your coach was celebrating.” Jungkook shrugged, she shook her head and just put her water bottle down.

“How did it go? Is your mom still mad?” He asked carefully.

“N—No, she’s..sorry that she was. I..I don’t know, going home seems like a good idea.” She shrugged.

“You know you can stay as long as you need to.” He nodded, Byul just frowned before walking towards him and wrapping her arm around Jungkook.

The male paused, unsure and surprised.

“What would I do without you, Jeon?” She mumbled before hiding her face on the crook of his neck.

“Byul, put a robe on.” He sighed wanting to push her away, but Byul just smiled and tightened her arms around his neck.

“Dinner out?” He asked her softly.

“Japanese food?”

“Yeah, now go get dressed.” Jungkook said as the girl pulled away.

“I mean it,” She said before heading to the shower room.

“Huh?”

 

“Thanks for being you. Thank you for staying.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++