033

Her

“Noona.”

Junhee smiled and patted the empty space beside her.

“Just because Jimin hyung’s busy, you choose to bother me instead?” He asked dryly as he plopped down on the bench beside her.

“Ani, I really just wanted to talk to you, cousin.” Junhee nodded. Jungkook nodded and leaned back on the seat.

“What’s happening?” Junhee spoke.

Jungkook glanced at her.

“What are you saying?”

“You come to school with a busted lip and I notice Mark Lee flexing his wrist from time to time.”

“Noona~”

“And the way Byul acted when I told her about it proved that I am right. You two fought.”

“Byul and I didn’t~”

“I meant Mark and you.”

Jungkook closed his mouth and puffed his cheeks.

“You know very well that he likes her, and yet somehow, I notice you….you seem to be taunting him.”

“I’m not.” Jungkook answered simply.

“So, why? Why are you acting differently around Byul now?” Junhee looked at him.

Jungkook’s brows knit together.

“I don’t like him around her.” He spoke.

“I noticed.” Junhee nodded.

“Byul…I’ve always been her go-to person, but this kid shows up and asks me to step back, it’s~”

“You like her.”

Jungkook halted.

“Maybe I do.” Jungkook nodded, then he saw Byul dashing towards her car, her two guards were keeping up with her.

“When did it start? When did you start to realize it?” Junhee asked, she was watching as the guards slid inside the black sedan to follow Byul.

“I don’t know. Maybe I always have liked her. I just…didn’t realize it yet. Until now.” Jungkook looked at his shoes.

“At least now you know.” Junhee leaned back on the bench.

“I know a lot, noona.”

Junhee faced him.

“And right now, Byul’s being surrounded by snakes. And I’ll do anything to protect her.”

Junhee’s eyes widened.

“Jungkook, you~”

“They hurt Byul. They should have a taste their own medicine, right?” He said before picking up his backpack. He stood up and started to walk to his car.

“They are so dead.” Junhee murmured before rushing back to the building.

 

 

Byul’s cellphone alerted her that Jungkook was calling, she flinched before pulling to a full stop at the hospital’s basement parking lot, she glanced around for an empty slot.

“What’s the rush? I saw you running to your car.”

“I..just remembered I have to pass by the hospital.”

“Ah, send my regards to samchon.” Jungkook said lightly.

“Yeah, thanks.” She said before ending the call and parking her car quickly. She slid down from the vehicle and started to trudge towards the elevator.

“Agasshi,”

She glanced behind her.

“What is it?” She asked the bodyguard, then she saw Jaehyun standing beside the other male. She let out a sigh.

“He’s a friend.” She nodded, Jaehyun approached her carefully.

“If you’re here to~”

“No, I’m here to apologize, Byul.” Jaehyun said with a small smile. She chewed on her lip and faced him.

“I heard from my secretary.” She said.

“It didn’t feel right. I mean, it’s wrong. I’ve already..caused you trouble, I don’t want to be part of that.” Jaehyun said quietly.

“Of all chaebol boys in the city, it had to be you.” Byul shook her head, Jaehyun stretched his palm to her.

“I know I wont win, Byul.”

Byul blinked at him.

“I tried to win you back thinking I still had the chance,” Jaehyun said before taking her hand and placing it on his.

“But I forgot about one thing, one person.” He smiled at her, Byul balked.

“Jaehyun, Mark~”

“I wont win him against him. I know that.” Jaehyun smiled before squeezing her hand and letting go.

“But, there’s nothing~”

“I’ll see you around, Byul. We’re schoolmates now.” Jaehyun said before walking back to his car. Byul watched as he got in his Audi.

“Young miss, this way please.” One of the guards gave her a gentle push, Byul nodded and just followed him.

 

 

Yoongi scratched the back of his head as he stood by the door.

“Where is she?” Taehyung spoke, the Song family butler shook his head.

“Young miss went by earlier, she said she needed to pack some clothes.”

“Clothes?” Yoongi echoed.

“She said that she’d by watching over her father at the hospital, young master Min.”

Taehyung glanced at the older male, they had just come from the hospital. And Byul wasn’t there, her Mrs. Song was even glad that Yoongi was staying over the Song house with Byul and Mark.

“Well, I’ll give her a call. Thanks, ahjussi.” Yoongi said quickly before marching to his room.

“I didn’t see her at school today too.” Taehyung said as they reached the guestroom.

“I saw her, she was having lunch with that kid. Mark.” Yoongi said as he plopped down on his bed, Jimin appeared by the doorway.

“What do you think? Did Jungkook and him really fight?” He asked as he sat down on the couch. Yoongi shook his head.

“Junhee thinks it seem like it.” Taehyung nodded.

“Probably over Byul. It was bound to happen anyway.” Jimin hummed before taking out his phone.

“What do you mean?” Yoongi looked up, Taehyung grinned.

“Hyung, there’s been this obvious thing happening lately,” Jimin started.

“Ever since Byul’s childhood friend came into the picture, Jungkook’s been a little…well, he feels threatened.”

“Huh?”

“That friend, Mark Lee, it’s quite clear that he has feelings for Byul. And he asked Jungkook to keep distance from Byul. It riled him up.”

“Daebak. Jungkook staying away from Byul?” Yoongi chortled.

“Well, did he? Stay away from Byul?” Yoongi asked, Jimin shook his head.

“Do you think he’d listen? Byul is Jeon’s girl, remember? Those two are bound to get together sooner or later.”

 

 

Jungkook yawned as he pushed the door to his dorm widely, he dropped his bag on the floor and was about to take off his shoes when he realized he wasn’t alone.

“Hey, Jeon.” Byul chirped from the stove, freshly showered and already dressed in sweats.

“Yoongi hyung’s looking for you.” He said as he walked towards her, Byul was making kimchi stew and some galbi.

“I switched off my phone. Don’t ask.” She said before jutting her lips towards the table, instructing him to sit.

“Okay. I thought you’d be at the hospital.” He said as she started to set the food, Jungkook saw the familiar Goyard duffel beside his bed.

“Song Byul.” He said dryly.

“Please.” She pouted as she sat across him.

“You want to sleep over? This is a studio unit, Byul. I don’t have a spare room.” He explained.

“Whatever. I made you food. Be good to me.” She stuck her tongue out at him before eating.

“Byul~”

“Just eat, after that wash up.” She ignored him, Jungkook puffed his cheeks and just started to eat.

They ate in peace, except for Byul occasionally complaining about her bodyguards and her mother asking her to change her hair color. Jungkook just nodded along, not really know what to do on her staying over.

“I’ll do the dishes later.” She stood up and finished her water before hopping towards the bed and laying down.

Jungkook grabbed a shirt and a pair of sweats before heading to the bathroom. Byul picked up her phone and stared at the blank screen.

“It’s so awkward at home, I can’t be there.” She muttered before covering herself with the blanket.

She sat up and picked up one of her textbooks.

“I can still drive you home,” Jungkook said as he stepped out of the bathroom.

“You cant kick me out tonight.”

“Byul, is this because of what happened? Did something else ha~”

“No. It’s not. I…just figured that we haven’t really talked in a while.” She fibbed, Jungkook made a face at her and plopped dItown beside her.

“You’re using my place as a hiding spot again. I can sense it, Song Star.” He murmured before closing his eyes. Byul smiled and tossed her book away.

“Really?” She asked before laying beside him, Jungkook’s brows met briefly.

“I can hide here…right? It’s okay, right?” She asked quietly, Jungkook smiled and glanced at her.

He knew something was wrong, something was eating her inside. He inched closer to her.

tumblr_oz0swyKptw1qagqqso1_540.gif

“As long as you wash the dishes tomorrow.” He teased, Byul made a face at him and just leaned her head against his shoulder.

Jungkook smiled to himself.

“Is something bothering you, Byul?” He asked lowly. Byul shook her head.

“Just…work stuff. You know my aunts.” She reasoned, Jungkook nodded and just kissed the side of her head.

“You? How was your day?” She asked him.

“It went well. You’re up for reporting next meeting.” He claimed, Byul nodded and started to close her eyes.

“Good night, Jeon. Don’t dream of Hyena.” She mused before pulling to blankets to her, Jungkook snorted.

“Good night, Byul.” He said softly before brushing her hair away from her cheeks and going back to his side. After a few minutes, she was already snoring softly.

Jungkook opened his eyes and turned to her sleeping figure.

 

“Will you accept me, Song Star?”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++