012

Her

Byul stepped back in the hall, she was clutching onto the hoodie tightly.

“So, what do you think? This Saturday?” Chunghee asked Mark, he looked up as he saw Byul.

“Hmm? Saturday?” He said distractedly.

“Yeah, let’s meet at the library then.” Chunghee smiled, then Mark looked at her.

“Will you excuse me? I think Byul noona needs me.” He said kindly before approaching Byul who was still standing by the doorway, looking troubled.

Chunghee just watched him as he crossed the hall, she crossed her arms before turning away to join her mother and aunt.

“Where were you?” Mark asked as he reached Byul, she looked at him.

“I—I was out, Jungkook dropped by.”

“Hyung’s not joining?”

“Yeah, something urgent came by.” She said quickly, but Mark could see how tensed she was.

“Noona, are you okay?” He asked softly, Byul gave him a small smile.

“Can I have my car keys?” She asked, Mark paused.

“Don’t worry, I’ll ask appa’s drive to take you home.”

“Noona~”

“I’m fine, Mark. I just need some air. Don’t worry.” She patted his cheek, Mark bit his lip before handing her the keys to her Rover.

“Cover for me, will you?” She winked at him before leaving.

 

 

Byul was seated at their usual table in the cafeteria with her laptop right infront of her, her fingers hovered over the keyboard.

Her brows met briefly before letting out a heavy sigh.

“I’m surprised she isn’t with that Jeon boy again.”

“I’m more surprised that she isn’t pregnant yet. She’s always clinging onto him.”

“She appears to be the perfect child, how did oppa’s child become such a flirt?”

She shut the laptop close, then she jumped when Taehyung suddenly plopped down beside her. She grinned at the older male.

“You look horrible, oppa.” She mused as he mussed his hair, he scrunched his nose at her.

“Why are you alone?” Jimin asked, Hyena sat down across her.

“I had some files to finish.” Byul explained.

“Ah. I meant Jungkook. Why are you alone?” Jimin chuckled.

“Where is he?” Hyena asked.

“He left for China early this morning. He told me last night. He didn’t call you?” bYul asked without looking up.

“China?” Hyena paused, Byul bit her lip.

“When will he be back?” Taehyung sat up.

“Two weeks or so. I thought he told you guys.” She said carefully as she gathered her things.

“He didn’t. I guess he expected that you’d explain for him, as usual.” Taehyung laughed. Jimin sent him a look.

Hyena’s brows were knitted together.

“I have to go, oppa. See you later.” Byul picked up her backpack.

“But you didn’t even touch your lunch.” Jimin protested as he looked at her tray.

“I’m not really hungry. Bye.” She said quickly before leaving the table.

“He could have sent me a text or something.” Hyena murmured, Jimin glanced at Taehyung briefly.

“He must have been in a rush. That’s how he is, forgetful.” Taehyung said hastily.

 

 

Mark was about to head down to his last class when he saw Byul walking by herself. His lips quirked up before jogging towards her.

“Noona!”

She halted just as he reached her.

“You left early this morning. Uncle and aunt were shocked.” He mused, Byul just shook her head.

“I was trying to avoid morning traffic. How’s class?” She asked him as Mark walked with her.

“Still torturous.” Mark made a face, she just nodded. Mark’s brows met briefly, clearly something was bothering her.

“Noona, are you sure you’re okay?” Mark asked as he took her hand in his.

Byul was about to reply when her phone pinged, she opened the message.

I’m at Beijing. Shanghai tomorrow. How was lunch? –Jungkook

Byul put her phone back in her pocket, she glanced at Mark briefly.

“I have to head to class, I’ll see you~” She paused when her eyes landed on something behind Mark.

“Chunghee was right, oppa’s daughter is really out of control.”

Byul closed , Mark followed her gaze.

“Chunghee and I made plans for lunch. Do you want to join us?” Mark asked, Byul let go of his hand.

“I already ate. See you at home.” She said with a small smile.

“Noon~”

“Go on, you don’t want to make her wait.” She grinned before walking away from him.

 

 

Jungkook walked towards his father’s desk and stared at the windows. He looked at his phone again.

Still no reply from Byul.

“Ya, is something wrong?”

“Nothing. Have a safe flight.”

“Byul, if something’s bothering you, I can move my~”

“No, it’s nothing.”

He chewed on his lower lip, he was right. Something was up, Byul was acting so odd last night.

Then his phone started to ring, he looked at the screen expectantly.

“Oh, Hyena-ya.” He answered, his brows met.

“How could you not tell me? I waited for you at school.” She chided softly, Jungkook exhaled.

“I—I’m sorry. I planned to tell you last night.”

“Yeah, at least you managed to tell Byul, or else we all would have been clueless.”

Jungkook could hear the edge in her voice.

“Hyena, it was..my father called me suddenly, and I didn’t really have the time to~”

“You don’t need to explain anything, I know this is all new for you, and you’re always used to telling her everything.”

Jungkook paused, his phone vibrated.

“I know. I’m sorry. Can I call you back later?” He asked quickly.

“Yeah, sure. Take care.”

Jungkook ended the call and proceeded to open the message.

It was fine. –Byul.

Jungkook frowned as he put his phone down.

 

“You’re not.” He murmured to himself as he leaned back on the desk.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++