002

Her

 

 

“So, the defense will be moved next month?” A classmate asked as they approached the stairs.

“Yes, professor Jin sent an email about it. I’ll forward it to you.” Byul said as they reached the stairs.

“Great, thanks, Byul!” The girl went on her way, Byul hopped down the steps and plugged her earphones in.

She was browsing through the notes she had typed on her phone as she went down the steps.

“Jungkook sunbae!”

Byul had reached the last step and was about to approach Jungkook.

“Oh. Free chocolate for me.” She mused before hiding against a post.

She watched as the freshman approached him with a box of sweets in hand, Jungkook was staring at her awkwardly.

“This is for you.” She said shyly, Byul smiled.

“O—h, thanks.” Jungkook hesitantly took the letter and the pink box.

“Let’s grab lunch together some other time, sunbae. Fighting!” She said sweetly before walking away from him.

“Y—Yeah.” Jungkook muttered, he stared at the letter with a scrunched nose and scratched the back of his head.

“Aigoo, my awkward mung bean.” Byul mused before going to her next class.

She heard Jungkook call after her.

 

 

“So? Did you accept her love?” Byul mused as they took their seats.

“Was..Was I supposed to?” He blinked.

“If you accept the letter and the gift, yeah. Duh.” Byul mocked him, Jungkook eyed her warily.

She just extended one hand to him, he snorted and opened the box of chocolates and handed it to her.

“Look at you, you’re the one enjoying it.” He chided before taking out his laptop.

“I did your homework, brat. You should compensate me.” She made a face at him just as their professor arrived.

“I’m driving you around.” He pointed out.

“You’re supposed to do that.” She shrugged.

“Heol.”

Byul just grinned at him, Jungkook shook his head and just handed her a tissue napkin.

“You chocolate on your cheek.”

“Chocolate cheeks.” She chuckled.

“Stop the aegyo. I will really leave you.”

She grinned and just opened her notebook. Their professor started the lecture and Jungkook just leaned back on her seat. His eyes went to their two male classmates a few seats away from them.

They were both glancing at Byul and nudging each other, his brows rose briefly.

Then a note landed on Byul’s notebook, she looked up and blinked.

Before she could open it, Jungkook snatched it away from her.

“Ya.” She whispered.

“It’s meant for me. Not you. Go on, study. Be a nerd.” He murmured as he opened the note.

Can I have your number, swimmer number 7?

I bet we could have some fun tonight.

Jungkook looked up, the two males ducked, he just exhaled and ripped the note in shreds and tossed them on the floor.

 

 

Byul squinted as she looked at the screen of her laptop briefly and picking up her text book. She plucked out a pen from bag and started writing.

“Are you done?” Jungkook asked, bored.

The two were at the school’s ground, they had a study kiosk to themselves, but only one was doing the studying.

“No.” She murmured, still jotting down notes. Jungkook sat up and glanced at the pile of papers before her.

“Why do you need to be home early tonight? I thought we were going for barbeque.” He asked, Byul looked up, she leaned over to remove the bits of chips from his cheek.

“We have guests. Some old family friend, their son hasn’t been in Seoul for quite some time.”

Jungkook nodded, Byul continued to scribble on her notebook.

“Byul?”

“What?”

“You were saying?” He mused.

“Oh, he enrolled here in SNU. His mom wants him to stay with us for a bit so that he can adjust.” Byul set her pen down.

“Well, hurry up. I’ll drive you to your house.”

“Thank you, Jeon.”

“Next time bring your car with you.” He made a face at her, Byul just blew him a kiss. He shuddered before leaning on the table.

“You should join us. Or are you still meeting with Taehyung and Jimin oppa later?”

“I am.” He replied before inching closer to her and placing his head on her lap.

“Your head is hea~”

“Let your driver sleep for a bit, Song Star.” He murmured before closing his eyes.

“Wait, I thought you were going out with Hyena tonight?” She suddenly asked, Jungkook shifted.

“That’s tomorrow.”

“It’s good you finally asked her out, Jeon.”

He just nodded before closing his eyes again.

 

 

“Who?” The young male asked as he followed his parents to the waiting Rolls Royce.

“The Songs. Remember Byul?”

“Ah, Byul noona.” He nodded quickly as he climbed in the vehicle, his father instructioned for the driver to start the engine.

“Yes, her. We’re meeting her family tonight.”

“Must I really live them? I can stay at the condo.” He argued as the car started to move.

“We talked about this.” His mother warned, he sighed and leaned back on his seat.

“Besides, it’s been a long time since you last visited, son. Staying with them will help you adjust to life in Korea again.”

He just looked at the windows and nodded.

“Byul must be excited to see you. You two were inseparable. You loved following her around.”

The young male’s lips quirked up.

 

 

“Star noona.” He mused quietly.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++