030

Her

 

 

Mark watched as Byul walked towards the house, he slid down from the car and followed her.

“Noona, have you eaten? I can order some~”

“No, I’m not that hungry. But, if you feel like eating, go ahead.” She faced him, her brows met briefly, then she tried to unstrap her heels.

Byul let out a frustrated sigh as she failed removing her shoes, Mark walked towards her and knelt down.

“Mark, it’s~”

“It’s okay, noona. Let me help you.” Mark looked up and gave her a small reassuring smile, he proceeded to unstrap her heels and helped her get off them.

“Thanks.” She nodded, Mark stood up and faced her.

“Yeah, it’s true.” Byul spoke.

“You and Jaehyun hyung?” Mark asked carefully, Byul’s lips quirked up.

“I wish I could take it all back, you know. Falling for him, going out with him..everything.” Byul murmured.

“Noona, I know you don’t hate him, you don’t have to do this.” Mark spoke, Byul shook her head.

“If I didn’t go out with him, I wouldn’t have Hyena trying to bite my neck.” She murmured, Mark’s brows met briefly before wrapping his arms around her.

“It’s okay, noona. It’s just a bad day, not a bad life.” Mark said soothingly, Byul bit her lip and just leaned her chin on his shoulder.

“And I don’t believe her story, I know you, Song Byul.” Mark smiled.

“I stole Jaehyun from her?” Byul shook her head, Mark pulled away to meet her gaze.

“It doesn’t sound right.” Mark said to her.

“She was the one who got in between us. And I let it happen.”

“Why?”

Byul bit her lip.

“It was too much. I got tired of it.”

“Why…Jaehyun hyung didn’t know she was…tormenting you?” Mark asked, he dropped his hands to his side.

“I didn’t tell him.” She nodded before leaning over to kiss his cheek.

“Good night, Lee Minhyung. Thanks for being an angel.” She smiled before walking towards the stairs.

Mark leaned against the counter and crossed his arms, he let out a breath.

“Hyena and Jaehyun hyung don’t bother you. It’s him.”

“Jeon Jungkook. Again.”

 

 

Byul inhaled deeply before sliding the door open, her mother looked up as she stepped in.

“How is he? I just got a call from secretary Min.” She asked softly as she walked towards her father, then she halted.

“Appa,” Byul froze, the Song patriarch gave her a small weak smile.

“Our Byul worked hard.” He said, Byul felt tears roll down her cheeks.

“A—appa, I…was…I was..” She stuttered, but he just shook his head at her.

“I’m sorry for making you worry, dear.” He took her hand in his, Byul just looked away.

“Thank you for waking up, abeoji.” She said.

“Of course, I heard my daughter’s CEO now?” He said teasingly, Byul heard her mother laugh.

“She’s doing a good job at it too, yeobo.” She commented, Byul just bit her lip.

“I’m not so sure about that.” Byul murmured, then her mother stood up as the doors opened again.

“Jungkook, thank you for bringing them up.” Mrs. Song said, Byul paused.

“Jungkook! Good to see you.” Mr. Song spoke up, Byul turned to face him.

“He was here earlier, he asked me if I needed some things.” Mrs. Song explained as she took the bag from the male.

“So, I brought some fruits over, samchon. How are you?” Jungkook smiled as he reached the elder.

Byul stepped back, her brows meeting briefly.

“I’m feeling a little better now. Did you take care of my daughter while I was away?” He asked jokingly, Byul looked away.

“Yeah, I did. But I don’t think I did a good job at it.” Jungkook whispered playfully.

Byul exhaled before picking up an apple stepping out of the room.

 

 

Yoongi shook his head, Jimin was shocked.

“I knew it. Those snakes.” Junhee spat.

“What do you plan to do with that? Surely, not tell Byul yet.” Jin said uneasily, Namjoon was already with them.

“I don’t know. How do I protect her from her own family?” Yoongi looked up.

“This is wrong. All sorts of wrong.” Namjoon put his phone down.

“I got a text from Jungkook. Eunhong samchon has woken up.” Junhee leaned back on the couch.

“How do we tell him that it was his sisters’ doing?” Jin nodded towards the photos and recordings on the table between them.

Taehyung walked in the room carrying his coffee.

“Those two aren’t doing so well too. With what Hyena did last night,” Junhee murmured, Taehyung plopped down beside her.

“I have to make some calls to keep her safe. She might hate it.” Yoongi stated before standing up.

“Does he know?” Taehyung asked.

“What?”

“Does Jungkook know what Hyena did to Byul before?”

Namjoon exhaled.

“If he finds out…it’s not going to be good.”

“Wait till he finds out that it was her aunts who had her father kidnapped. Jeon Jungkook will be seeing red.” Jimin pointed out.

“He will interfere. I can sense it.”

 

 

“Yes, yes. He’s already awake and we spoke for a bit.” Byul said as she pressed the phone to her ear.

“A statement? I don’t think so. Just release the fact that he’s already out of the coma. And he’s doing well. Nothing else.” She murmured as she leaned against the wall.

“Thank you, ahjussi. I’ll drop by at the office later.”

She placed her phone in her purse, she was about to walk back to the room when she saw Jungkook looking at her.

“Byul,” He said as he approached her, she crossed her arms again.

“About last night, I’m sorry.”

“Sorry for what? Not believing me? For thinking I would actually do something like that?”

Jungkook looked away.

“Ani, I didn’t believe her. Not even a single word.” Jungkook met her gaze evenly.

Byul shook her head.

“I was worried.”

“Worried?”

“Jaehyun and you. I really didn’t know.”

Byul shrugged.

“I didn’t want to tell you, it was pointless. We had broken up long before you got back.”

Jungkook bit his lip.

“I went out with one of your best friends, Kook. And it didn’t end well between us, that’s why I didn’t tell you. It might…affect your friendship. I hate that happening.”

“I know.” Jungkook said.

“Byul, the thing with Hyena,”

“I’m going to be like Mark then,” Byul cut him off.

“If I ask you to choose over me or Hyena. Who would you choose?” Byul met his gaze evenly.

“You.” Jungkook said simply, Byul’s eyes widened, she opened to speak.

“Not the answer you were expecting?” Jungkook said mildly.

“Ya, you don’t have~”

“You’re too special and I can’t lose you.” He said honestly before tugging on her hand and pulling her to his chest.

“I’m sorry for that, Song Star. I didn’t know she’d go to the party to ambush you.” He whispered.

Byul just shook her head.

“She just wanted your attention, Jeon.”

“But it’s on you. Always.” Jungkook smiled and kissed the side of her head, Byul pulled back to study the expression on his face.

“I’m hungry.” She announced, Jungkook chuckled.

“And I’m sorry for not hearing you out last night. That was rude.” She added quickly.

 

 

“I’m used to it. Come on, let’s get something to eat.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++