043

Her

 

“This is weird; we’re celebrating because she’s leaving?” Junhee scrunched her nose as she poured some Pepsi onto her glass.

Taehyung chuckled.

“Aniya, we’re celebrating because Byul’s finally going home. Her parents have been very worried.” Jimin stated, Jungkook was standing by the glass doors, he was staring at the view that overlooked their indoor pool.

“Explains why she’s been doing too many laps outside.” Junhee shook her head, Byul was still swimming, not minding that their other friends had arrived.

“He told her, huh?” Taehyung spoke, Jimin grinned.

“He did. And…he’s not..exactly asking for an answer, he just wants to see her. Like he has to know where she is and if she’s fine.”

“I noticed the change between those two during the dark Byul episode. I think she likes him back.” Taehyung smiled.

“What do you mean?”

“Byul listens to Jungkook a lot. And it may not be obvious but, she needs him. Byul wont  be Byul without Jeon.”

Junhee smiled and glanced at her cousin.

“Yeah, you’re right.”

 

 

Byul chewed on her lower lip as she looked at her half open luggage. She glanced at the computer chair where the familiar red hoodie was lying, she started to smile.

“Need some help with that?”

She looked up, Jungkook was leaning against the doorway, his arms crossed while he looked at her clothes strewn all over the room.

“Do you remember this?” Byul asked as she picked up the hoodie, Jungkook blinked at her, his forehead furrowed as he stared at the piece of clothing.

“It’s..mine, right?”

Byul chuckled before tossing it back to him.

“You left me that before you flew to China.”

“Oh.” Jungkook started to smile.

“It was when things started to change, I heard my aunts and Chunghee talking about me.” She shrugged.

“I wore that to sleep on that night. It helped.” She nodded, Jungkook bit his lip before placing it on top of her luggage.

“You can have it.” He mused.

Byul looked at him, her brows met briefly.

“Hey, Jeon,” She spoke before grabbing her jacket.

“What?” Jungkook was trying to zip one of her duffels.

“Oppa, unnie,” Sohyee suddenly popped out, she was standing by the door, with her backpack in hand.

“I’m just about to head out, would you like to go together? We can drop off Byul unnie on the way.” She smiled.

Byul bit her lip then she started to grin before crossing the room.

“Maybe~” Jungkook halted when he realized Byul was standing just inches away from him.

Sohye paused.

Then Byul cupped both of his cheeks before slightly pulling him down to press her lips against his.

“I want to go to Myeongdong first before going home.” She said as she pulled away and walked back to her study table.

 

 

Jungkook was staring at Byul as she was going through the display of sheet masks and hand creams. She had managed to drag him to a cosmetics store.

He exhaled and looked around him, unaware of the appreciative stares he earned from other females.

Byul had been uncharacteristically quiet ever since they left the house. But she didn’t ignore him either and that made Jungkook edgy.

“Ya,” He felt Byul’s fingers brush against his, he looked at her.

“Let’s go.” She took his hand and pulled him out of the shop, Jungkook sighed before pulling her back.

Byul stopped and faced him, confused.

“What are we doing?” He asked.

“…Shopping? I need new moisturizers and some essence~”

“I meant this. What are we doing?” He asked seriously, Byul puffed her cheeks.

“You see…I was thinking..well, relying on the fact that we’ve known each other for so long, and that we don’t need words to communicate anymore.”

Now it was Jungkook’s turn to be confused.

“What?”

“I mean..that time, you w—wanted me to spend the day with you too.” She stuttered, Jungkook started to smile.

“I don’t know, okay? Do things change? Do we have to?” She asked him.

“Sohye loves to walk around the house in those shorts a lot, what is she thinking?” She blurted, Jungkook chuckled.

“So, this is confused and unsure Byul.” He teased, Byul just made a face at him.

“What I’m trying to say..or what I was hoping you’d understand, is that,” She gave his hand a small squeeze.

“What I’m saying is that, I like you Jeon. And I want you to spend that day with me.”

 

 

“But your house is so big, you wont even know I’m still there.” Byul was actually whining as Jungkook unloaded her bags from his Rover.

“Byul,” Jungkook walked back to her, she was seated on the car’s hood as she eyed her house briefly.

“Why? Just because I let you kiss me does that mean I’m not allowed to stay there anymore~”

Jungkook rolled his eyes and just lifted her off the hood.

“Your parents are expecting you and this is your home. Don’t you miss it?” Jungkook touched her cheek briefly.

Byul just glanced back at the house’s façade, the staff had already started decorating outside, she saw Jungkook eyeing the dancing snowman beside Santa’s reindeer.

“Byul as much as you’re welcome at my parents’ house and I love having you around, your parents would be overjoyed if you come home. And you’ve been away for so long now.” He said softly.

“I hate it when you’re right.” She muttered, Jungkook faced her again and he smiled.

tumblr_oxqieb2rH11w2akaso1_400.gif

“I like it when butler Seon starts decorating.” He mused at her, Byul just followed his gaze.

“Are you staying for dinner then?” She asked him as they walked towards the house.

“I can.” He nodded as they went up the steps.

“Would you be pissed if I told you that I just did that to annoy Sohye?” She asked him while grinning.

“So you finally admit you don’t like her?” Jungkook asked before pulling her closer to him.

“Like I said, shorts.” She pointed out.

“Byul, you walk around my dorm wearing your swimsuit.” He said dryly.

“But I’m Byul.” She blinked back at him.

“Huh. Nice logic there.” He laughed, Byul chuckled and just squeezed his hand.

“I’m sorry for that…dark Byul episode. That put you on the edge, huh?”

Jungkook just shook his head before meeting her gaze.

“I’m just thankful nothing bad happened to you.”

Byul nodded, Jungkook exhaled before kissing the side of her head.

 

“Thank you, Byul. For letting me in.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++