032

Her

 

Byul could hear the other directors murmuring as she took her seat.

“This meeting was called in a rush; may I know why?” She spoke politely, the room grew silent.

“Ask her, director Moon. Clarify things now that she’s here.” Her aunt Jinah spoke.

“Ask what?”

Byul tensed as the male faced her.

“Agasshi, is it true?”

“What is?”

“That you’ve been trying to win back Chunghee’s fiancé.”

“Win back?” Byul was taken aback.

“There’s been rumors, about you two were once..together.”

Byul closed her eyes briefly, she glanced at her two aunts.

“This is just typical you Byul, you want everything. Even something of my daughter’s, you just have to have it.” Aunt Mohee spoke.

“Is it true, young miss? You and president Jung’s son?”

“Be honest, Byul. We all know how you are.” Her aunt Jinah smirked at her.

“Yes, it’s true.” Byul squared her shoulders and leaned forward.

“Jaehyun and I we were together for a few months during high school. But, ever since he got back, I never did try to reach out to him. He did seek me out first when he found out whom his bride was.” Byul said with a light chuckle.

“But, I think it’s time somebody teach both of my aunts some manners and proper decorum.” Byul stood up.

“I mean, here they are, wanting to lead Song Holdings, but they are openly discussing my love life, a college kid’s love life in a professional setting. Do you get me?” She looked at the directors.

Her aunts were looking at her icily.

“How can we let these two lead the company when all they do is just gossip about their niece? I’m glad the board chose me instead to be CEO.” She said with a grin, the other directors nodded in agreement.

“Don’t take it too personal, aunts. We’re just joking here.” Byul smirked before picking up her purse.

“I have to go then, thank you for inviting me over. It gave me a chance to speak what's on my mind.” She winked before leaving the room.

 

 

Jungkook looked up as he arrived by the doorway, Chunghee was waving him over.

“What do you want?” He asked as he took the empty seat across the girl.

“Unnie…she wont answer any of my calls.”

“I’ll be surprised if she does.” Jungkook replied.

“Oppa, I..Jaehyun and I talked about things. We’re not doing the wedding.”

“You want me to tell that to Byul? I don’t think it would matter her.”

“Ani, you don’t understand, the fact that unnie and Jaehyun used to be together, my mother and aunt Jinah will use this against her.”

Jungkook shook his head.

“You and your mother never stop, huh?” He replied.

“Oppa, please, I just want to apologize to~”

“Now, you want to take Jungkook from me too?” Another voice joined, Chunghee looked up, her eyes widened.

Byul was standing before them, flanked by two males in dark suits.

“Unnie, I~”

“Get lost.”

“Unnie, please, I’m~”

“I’m not going to say it again.” Byul stated, Chunghee stood up.

“Unnie, I really am sorry.”

Byul met her gaze.

“I just want you to know, Jaehyun wanted to switch brides, wanna know why?” She faced the girl.

Chunghee flinched.

“Probably because you’re not good enough.” Byul mused before taking the seat she just vacated.

 

 

“That was a little too much, don’t you think?” Jungkook asked carefully.

“Explain. Now.” Byul said as she stood up and took the seat beside his, she gestured for him to face her.

“What?”

“Those two guards following me around.” She stated, Jungkook’s eyes went to the two males briefly, they were seated at another table.

Byul took out some ointment and a small band aid from her purse.

“Byul, it’s for your safety.”

“Safety from who? Chunghee?” She snorted, Jungkook winced as she put some ointment on the cut.

“He got you bad.” She murmured as she examined the cut on his lip before placing the band aid on it.

“You said you wanted to talk to him.” Jungkook stated.

“I haven’t yet, and I will. But really,” She sighed as she pulled away from him.

“The bodyguards? Jungkook, it’s not necessary~”

“It is.” Jungkook caught her arm, her brows met briefly.

“Appa’s already back and~”

“Just this one.” He met her gaze evenly.

Byul paused.

“Do this one for me, okay?”

“It’s a little unnerving.” She mumbled.

“It helps me sleep better at night knowing you have them with you. If not, I’ll be worrying about you the whole day then.” He explained.

“Fine. Thank you, Jeon.” She muttered, Jungkook smiled and just kissed the back of her hand before standing.

“See you in class.” He said before walking away.

 

 

“Is this seat taken?”

Mark glanced up, Byul was holding onto her own tray of food as he stood before him. He noticed the two males stepping away from them.

“Go ahead, noona.” He nodded.

“I’m glad you called me for lunch. Thanks for inviting me.” She smiled at him as she settled down, Mark bit his lip and nodded without a word.

Byul let out a breath and picked up her warm coffee.

“What happened, Lee Minhyung? Why did you do that?”

“Noona, he..he was in your room and on the bed.”

Byul shook her head with a small smile.

“It’s Jungkook, Mark. You don’t have to worry about him. He would never do anything bad to me.”

Mark looked away.

“Noona, still, he’s a man.”

“I know, but that was uncalled for. But, thank you for being~”

“I didn’t do that just because I thought it was improper, noona.” Mark set his spoon down to meet her gaze.

“Huh?” Byul leaned back on her seat.

“Every time he’s around you, every time he touches you, speaks to you and holds your hand, it..angers me.” Mark looked away for a brief moment before holding her gaze.

“Mark,~”

“I like you, noona. Not just as a friend.”

Byul halted, she put her hands down.

“I tried to reason with myself, thinking that it was just a crush, but noona, it’s not.”

“Mark,”

 

“I like you and I would love it if you become my girlfriend.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++