036

Her

 

Byul stared at the piece of beef on her plate.

“Yeah, we even got an annual pass for that.” Sohye laughed.

“Jungkook got so attached to Disneyland, it was pretty amusing.” Mr. Jeon mused.

“Anything just to skip that school you sent me to, abeoji.” Jungkook nodded, he glanced at Byul briefly.

“Byul and I did that, senior year.” Jungkook mused.

“We did it way too much. I almost got my car confiscated,” Byul replied before picking up her knife.

“How’s the food, Sohye? Is it to your liking?”

“It’s perfect, imo.”

Byul’s phone started to ring, Jungkook looked at her.

“It’s work.” Byul said with a small apologetic smile.

“You can take it earlier.” Jungkook plucked her phone out of her hand.

“Jeon~”

“Later. We’re eating now.” Jungkook said patiently before slipping her phone in his jacket pocket.

“I’m going to kill you.” Byul murmured before eating, Jungkook grinned at her.

“How long have you two known each other, unnie?” Sohye asked.

“I think I met Jungkook..when I was five or six?”

“I remember that day, it was their first day at the tutoring center. Jungkook was the one who approached her first.”

Byul smiled, her eyes went to Sohye briefly.

“Ah, so oppa likes to approach girls first even from a very young age.” Sohye .

“He approached me first back in Japan. He was also so confused and worried whether I could understand him or not.”

“I thought I heard you speak Korean on the phone.” Jungkook pointed out.

“Well, you thought right, oppa.” Sohye said before refilling his juice again.

“At least you two hit it off.” Mrs. Jeon smiled, Byul started to transfer the vegetables from her plate to Jungkook’s.

Sohye looked at the two briefly.

“You have a meet tomorrow.” Jungkook told her.

“Yeah, I can handle a little bit more meat tonight. You know, the grease.” She said before going back to her steak.

“Byul,”

“Stop hovering.” Byul said to him, Jungkook rolled his eyes at her. Byul didn’t react.

Jungkook glanced at her briefly, his forehead furrowed for a brief moment before pushing her glass of juice towards her.

“I’ll pick you up tomorrow.” He said simply before facing Sohye again.

“You don’t have to.” Byul murmured before chewing.

 

 

Junhee was chewing on her lip as she looked at Jungkook’s secretary.

“It’s a mess.” Junhee voiced as she looked at the files again.

“How…” She was confused.

“He asked me to a background check on both of them, then it went really bad from there, agasshi.”

“Fraud? Embezzlement?” Junhee shook her head and stood up from her seat.

“I was really confused at first. Then, director told me that he has a plan about it.”

“Plan?”

“To release it to the media.”

“I know, I know, that’s who I found out. But after this..then what?”

“Ever heard of MJ Eco, agasshi?”

“I think I have before, it’s this small energy company that~”

“Is owned by both of director Song’s aunts.”

Junhee exhaled.

“So, Jungkook knows all this? That her aunts have been…stealing money from Song Holdings and wiring them to their personal company?”

“Yes, agasshi. When he found out…he was really surprised, then his anger took in.”

“I know, the damage that media release has done is…intense.”

The male nodded.

“Please, talk to him, agasshi. I’m afraid this might affect his relationship with the young miss Song.

 

 

Byul read the article again as she headed for her room.

“Byul?”

She stopped and turned, Yoongi was standing by the stairs.

“Oppa,” She greeted as she padded towards him.

“You saw it? The news?”

“Yeah, I…I’m speechless, oppa. I was out the whole day. I never got the chance to check my phone.”

Yoongi nodded.

“You know, th~”

“Embezzlement, oppa. They’re being accused of fraud and embezzlement, this means that they may have been..stealing from Song Holdings.” She stated, her brows knitting together.

“I know, but,”

“All this while they were..accusing me of something, not wanting me to step up. It must be because of this.” Byul put her phone down.

“I have to be at the company tomorrow early morning, will you and Mark be okay for breakfast?”

“Of course, Byul.” Yoongi took her hand in his.

“I cannot believe this. I have to check on manager Shin before I go to bed. Good night, oppa.” She said before rushing back to her room.

Yoongi exhaled and puffed his cheeks.

“There’s more to that, Byul.”

 

 

Junhee took her seat beside Jimin, then she paused.

“Why is there a cotton candy beside him?” She asked, Jimin followed her gaze. There was a girl sitting beside Jungkook, dressed in a pink and cerulean blue mini dress paired with a pair of bright colored heels.

“Junhee, be nice.” Taehyung said as he plopped down beside her.

“Ah, that must be that friend. Jungkook mentioned her, Ahn Sohye. He met her while he studied in Japan. She’s here to visit.” Jimin explained.

“Visit? Or cling on to him like a koala?” Junhee pointed out, the girl had one arm wrapped around Jungkook’s as they sat down.

“Hee~”

“I tried to tell her, but I failed.”

Taehyung looked up, Yoongi sat down beside them.

“What happened?”

“She was really stressed last night. She heard about the news so late, she…she was confused and annoyed.”

“I thought Byul had dinner with the Jeons.” Junhee stated.

“She did, but..the news about her aunts disturbed her a lot. She was out of the house before six.”

Taehyung shook his head, then he noticed Byul stepping out of the locker room clad in her swimsuit, with the number seven emblazoned at her back, a little paler than usual.

“She looks a little..off.”

Junhee’s eyes went to Jungkook, he was already standing up. But then Byul started to walk towards their group.

Byul reached them, her brows were scrunched together.

“You did this.” She spoke, Jungkook stilled.

“Byul, I~”

“Is this why you hid my phone from me last night? Because I was the last one to know, good job.”

Sohye grew confused and looked at the girl.

“Do you think I can’t fight my own battles? Did you think I was too weak for this?” She said to him.

“Byul,it was to protect you.”

Junhee looked away and shook her head.

“A mess. A total mess.” She murmured before leaning against Jimin.

“To protect me? You dried out MJ Eco and bought it, Jungkook.” She pointed out, Jungkook tried to reach for her hand. But she swatted it away.

“How will this make me look like? My parents already know it was all you. They think I asked you to do it for me.”

“I did it for you, Byul. I never meant~”

“I never interfered with your life, how could you do this?”

“Byul, I’m~”

 

 

“Well, you have nothing to watch here. I’m not competing today.” Byul stated before turning away from them and walking out of the gymnasium.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++